Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaagh uk MkI 2019 organizing thread

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

skarnir

skarnir

Lobotomy

• Blood Axez
  • 752 posts
  • Army Name:SKARNIRS KAMO KILLAZ

Nottingham? Central? :lol Not from Edinburgh it isn't! Not that I'll be attending... Not enough of an army right now to make it worth it. 

Don't let a lack of boys stop you joining in, took Skarnir 3 years to get 2 mobs painted. We'll make sure you've got some units to run, more the merrier and results in more carnage.

As Sifi said I paint at a glacial pace, don't let lack of mini's stop you from coming to a meet.

There are some of the ladz that will bring plenty mini's spare for you to use.

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,476 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull

Thanks for the offer, but I've also got life stuff coming up next year (my first kid is due in February :) ) so pretty sure I won't be heading down. Maybe the next one though. Been years since I went to a Waaagh meet up! 

• Zagursnik likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,004 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

My kids are 7 and 5, and I can tell you that if you start the brainwashing process early enough you can get them into Orks much earlier than you might imagine.  It was extremely gratifying to see how enthusiastic my young bloke was when I promised him the poster that comes in the Speed Freeks box. :)

• Penelope the Wonder Pony, skarnir, Warboss Gordrog and 1 other like this
"Parry the 6!"

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 333 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmasha's Deffskullz
Ah feck I need to get my ass in gear, not asked the questions yet. And knowing my Uni they'll take weeks to respond. It is near the top of the list!

Nothing is safe from the spannrz n' bloo paint of da Kings of Loot!

"They can cut but they can't paste"

Check out my WIP Log

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,253 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

My kids are 7 and 5, and I can tell you that if you start the brainwashing process early enough you can get them into Orks much earlier than you might imagine.  It was extremely gratifying to see how enthusiastic my young bloke was when I promised him the poster that comes in the Speed Freeks box. :)

Also, if you buy a few boxes of cheap orks you can start training them from a young age to paint your army for you... currently training my gf and she was into it until I think she caught on. Kids I don't think would eb that smart. 

BTW, did anyone ever upload that photo of us all at the WAAAGh meet up?

• Garslag likes this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 481 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

"And more 'Cooking with Da Waaagh!'  :D " Got any good squig recipes?  :?  Is Nigella Lawson co-authoring Da Waaagh! Cookbook?  :biggrin

"My kids are 7 and 5, and I can tell you that if you start the brainwashing process early enough you can get them into Orks much earlier than you might imagine." Saw a sign once that said; "Unattended children will be given legal stimulants, and taught Warhammer 40K." Sounds like you have that working in your favor Garslag.  :yes  By the way, that is the first, and only good reason I have ever heard for having children. 

The local (big) university in my city, hosts the only large club (the officers of which are students, or employees), and the only large convention. As a student, you may be able to get space at little, or no cost Big Mek GobSmasha.

P.S. Congratulations Penelope!

• Garslag and Skumdreg like this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,143 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Thanks for the offer, but I've also got life stuff coming up next year (my first kid is due in February :) ) so pretty sure I won't be heading down. Maybe the next one though. Been years since I went to a Waaagh meet up! 

How to know when you've been doing something too long: when someone you last saw at a meet was a teenager is now telling you he's expecting his first child.

Fuck me I'm old.

• Penelope the Wonder Pony, skarnir and Giganotosaurus like this

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,476 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull

How to know when you've been doing something too long: when someone you last saw at a meet was a teenager is now telling you he's expecting his first child.

Fuck me I'm old.

Hey, plenty of kids in my high school had kids when we were still teenagers ;)
  • Dim_Reapa likes this

skarnir

skarnir

Lobotomy

• Blood Axez
  • 752 posts

Ok boys and girls, it seems an airbnb big enough to accommodate us over the span of the weekend and have space to game is going to be our best bet.

From what I have gathered from several members of the Forum in and around the Area of Nottingham still seems like a good area for the meet.

Why Nottingham you may ask?

well for several reasons.

• distance wise it seems well situated for the majority of us to drive to,any further north or south will add time onto already lengthy drives.
  • Access is decent for several options, for those in the UK driving and train access are good and for those abroad East midlands is not far afield either. 
  • WHW visit, we could still hit up WHW if folk are interested  in seeing it (especially the new faces), others may not agree on this stance, which I understand.

Ok so now that we know we want to get an airbnb in and around the Nottingham area we need to to sort out three more crucial parts of the meet plan.

• What dates are best? Traditionally we have hit up one of the last weekends in April are folk still happy with this time frame?
  • Gaming tables and terrain, where are we going to get them from and how will they be transported to the venue?
  • How many people are going? Obviously before we book anything we need to know numbers, obviously this will reflect the size of airbnb to get and then a rough idea of cost for those attending.

Please reply as soon as possible to this thread to confirm numbers, the sooner we can book somewhere the sooner people can get train/plane tickets/work holidays booked.

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,381 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

I'll definitely be going (no usual conditions applying) and can bring some terrain quite easily - I'll set it up and photo'd tomorrow.

• skarnir likes this

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
  • Army Name:Warlord Wrecker's Grand Horde
Count me in, just give me enough notice and I can book it off as needed.
  • skarnir likes this

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,143 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
I'll probably be there. Unlikely I'll be playing.
  • skarnir likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,381 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Sorry you won't be playing Dim, would it help if we knocked up some fluffy roolz for yer grots, or maybe write some yourself?

Found my scenery bits - the barricades may as well come along, not as much building stuff as I thought I had although I've had to clip most of the bigger bits together to make up the big walls and there's still a load more railings and decks in the box.

IMG-2340.jpg

If I've got some brazing rod the right size for the clips then I should be able to make some big walls out of cardboard/brazing rod and use the smaller bits for other stuff. Haven't got any trees or hills though.

• skarnir likes this

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Moronik

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,454 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
I'm coming of course.

I'll bring the power station (which I've actually brought to all meets since I made it). I'd like to say I can bring boards, but the Volvo doesn't have the space of the Pug.
If I can get hold of some, I might see if I can use my Mum's Disco, but I'd really rather not have to drive that tank for 4+ hours each way.
  • skarnir likes this

skarnir

skarnir

Lobotomy

• Blood Axez
  • 752 posts

I'm coming of course.

I'll bring the power station (which I've actually brought to all meets since I made it). I'd like to say I can bring boards, but the Volvo doesn't have the space of the Pug.
If I can get hold of some, I might see if I can use my Mum's Disco, but I'd really rather not have to drive that tank for 4+ hours each way.

I remember seeing the power station in the boot of the Peugeot once or twice. 

would be interesting to make rules or integrate it in a scenario.