Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Juggerboss

- - - - - daemons warboss juggernaut chaos lord DOrks Tuska

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Loopy

Loopy

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
  • Army Name:WAAGH! Drillteef

I think the best way to introduce myself in the Mek's Garage is to present my most recent big conversion project: my Ork Juggerboss. He doesn't really have a name yet. See the progress pics below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

20150728_223253.jpg

20150812_212925.jpg

20150812_224331.jpg

• Giganotosaurus likes this

Loopy

Loopy

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

20150813_173831.jpg

20150814_221903.jpg

20150815_183315.jpg

• Space Truckin and Giganotosaurus like this

Loopy

Loopy

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

20150815_215931.jpg

20150815_215947.jpg

20150815_215953.jpg

20150815_220131.jpg

• warhead01, Space Truckin, Giganotosaurus and 1 other like this

Loopy

Loopy

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

11889483_1055047907841722_46197974635667

11954617_1055047921175054_71638663167570

• warhead01, Giganotosaurus and Big Bad Squig like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

I like the mega-sized entelodont. Well done!! :thumbs :thumbs

• Loopy likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,746 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

I think I'd have gone for slightly bigger feets on it but splendid work on the rest of it - that is pretty obviously a WARBOSS  :thumbs

• Loopy likes this

Dazbag Skorcha

Dazbag Skorcha

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
  • Army Name:Da Burning Moonz

Awesome work! Makes me want to make some boars!

• Loopy likes this

I'Z GOT DA BEST SHOOTAS AND ARMOUR DER IZ   :dakka

Loopy

Loopy

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

I think I'd have gone for slightly bigger feets on it but splendid work on the rest of it - that is pretty obviously a WARBOSS  :thumbs

Thanks, Badfang. I must say that the hooves are my least favorite part of the model and they are the subject of much consternation. I might mush up some Grenstuff and add some bulk to them. Maybe that will give them a better look.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,746 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

​​No Worries, it's a real world problem of ground pressure - something that size and weight would probably sink up to it's armpits on feet that were too small. Not a major issue for an SF model on a plastic base but generally, if something looks like it'd work in real life then it'll usually look right :thumbs

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

Damn, It's time for Mr. Science Nerd again! I hate it when he shows up, and makes everyone's eyes glaze over. :scowl 

The suborder Suina, pigs & peccaries, are semi-digitigrade creatures. Semi-digitigrade creatures walk on their feet, and run on their toes. Pigs have a second set of toes behind the first set (what you might consider a hoof) that they use when walking around, or foraging. When they run, they only use the front two. Entelodonts were prehistoric pigs of mammoth proportions (>1,000 lbs.), and most would consider their feet rather dainty given the overall size of the creature.  :soap 

Leave your consternation behind Loopy, the feet of your mega-pig are actually of an appropriate size. :yes It's one of those counter-intuitive things Badfang that nature likes to throw at us every now and then. ;)  That said, it is a creature of Loopy's imagination, and he can make the hooves larger if he thinks it will look better. :thumbs

• morfangdakka, derry, Badfang Brassaxe and 2 others like this

Loopy

Loopy

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Damn, It's time for Mr. Science Nerd again! I hate it when he shows up, and makes everyone's eyes glaze over. :scowl

The suborder Suina, pigs & peccaries, are semi-digitigrade creatures. Semi-digitigrade creatures walk on their feet, and run on their toes. Pigs have a second set of toes behind the first set (what you might consider a hoof) that they use when walking around, or foraging. When they run, they only use the front two. Entelodonts were prehistoric pigs of mammoth proportions (>1,000 lbs.), and most would consider their feet rather dainty given the overall size of the creature.  :soap

Leave your consternation behind Loopy, the feet of your mega-pig are actually of an appropriate size. :yes It's one of those counter-intuitive things Badfang that nature likes to throw at us every now and then. ;)  That said, it is a creature of Loopy's imagination, and he can make the hooves larger if he thinks it will look better. :thumbs

Wow! Very interesting. 

It might be that the back of the hoof is very straight and makes it just look like a small foot rather than a hoof. 

I'm going to go ahead and look at some photos of real piggies again to see if I want to change anything. 

Thanks again, folks. :)

Space Truckin

Space Truckin

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts

Please tell me that lil' piggy on the base is your attack squig!  :thumbs

Sculpt looks awesome!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: daemons, warboss, juggernaut, chaos lord, DOrks, Tuska