Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

docnuk's buggies and wartrakks - buggymania

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Oooooh! Lots of nice bits on that, especially like the front bashplate and the air cleaner (is the 'element' made from corrugated paper?). Looking forwards to seeing paint on them all next month  ;)

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

it is raining a lot today, so i had a productive day.

the detailing is finished, all the bolts and plates are in place:

5-detailing-front-and-rear.jpg

the gunner and his "tool" are made, a few rokkits put together and using a little cogwheel. a hole in the roof to fix it.

simple but effective:

5-gunner-rokkits-and-roof.jpg

(@badfang: the "element" in the air cleaner is one of this cogwheels with 2 little plastic discs)

i declare this model finished:

6-finished-view1.jpg

6-finished-total.jpg

The flag is looted from another buggy, i have to do 6 - 8 for all the buggies waiting for paint.

basecoat and metalics next month.

yes, there is a little plastic blob at one of the rokkits, i have removed it allready :D

• Sukigod, Itinerate Ork, Badfang Brassaxe and 6 others like this
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

#15 the spare parts buggy:

3 years ago i found 2 not used wheels of the tauros venator and a pair of trakks from a grot tank.

i made a  frame to attach it to.

and then it collected dust.

01_start_1.jpg

after a raid through my bits i now have sidewalls, a bottom, a driver and the start of an engine.

02-sides-engine-driver-2.jpg

02-sides-engine-driver-1.jpg

and the profiel of front wheels tires are finally facing the right direction. :)

next to come: detailing driver compartment, improvise a rollcage, and addings gunner platform.

• Badfang Brassaxe, Big Mek Rekkcrasha, r_squared and 2 others like this
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Looty Boyz

Awesome work DocNuk, these buggies look proppa orky!  :thumbs

Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die, so it don't count as beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

Steals it and paint it BLOO

Click the link to view and follow my Blog: - Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Mekshop

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

It's dusted off a treat  :thumbs Really liking the supa-gatler(?) cylinders  :love

Sukigod

Sukigod

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,082 posts
  • Army Name:Red Jack's Waaagh!

Hehe, klassik. I love the work you do - probably 'cuz it mirrors my own aesthetics :) sweet lookin' rat rod there and I love the other buggies as well.