Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Secret Santa 2018

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 338 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
Apologies to my recipient, i've been working extralong shifts every day through xmas so your present will be a bit late, hopefully not so late the easter squig will be delivering it though.

Nuck Fewton

Nuck Fewton

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 128 posts
  • Army Name:Bugsnik's Brass Lads
Everyone should post pics

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,700 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
@ big mek gobsmasha glad you like them. Thought done lootas that stood out from the crowd would be cooler.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 333 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmasha's Deffskullz

Damn postal grots. At this rate I'd been better off picking it up myself when I go to Germany next week - if it doesn't arrive before then ya gift's gonna be really late. :blush

My lazy ass's fault for ordering late tho...

• Zagursnik likes this

Nothing is safe from the spannrz n' bloo paint of da Kings of Loot!

"They can cut but they can't paste"

Check out my WIP Log

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Got back from trying to sort out some money (don't ask >: ) and found a parcel waiting for me, no forum name but it's from Lansenhasen and inside it was

NukBuggy.jpg

and

BurnaMek.jpg

Suspecting they're off DokNuk ( :? ) so many thanks for that :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs (now I've gotta figure out how to paint 'em to the standard they deserve).

Still gotta find out 'ow much it's gonna cost me to lob a package half way round the planet sharpish like :sowhat

• DocNuK, Zagursnik, Big Mek GobSmasha and 1 other like this

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,058 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
This is fantastic! I am swooning over the Model T buggy, and also starting to feel pretty inadequate about my cobbled-together little gift!
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts

Yeah, all I've got to do now is not screw up the paint - no pressure :lol

• Garslag likes this

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 979 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

happy new year and some like that.

yepp badfang, the gift is from me.

the mek isn't new, but sleeping on my shelf for a long time and surely happy about a new home.

the trukk in an earlier version was posted here a few years ago, but i added some little things and repainted the basecoat.

i imagened that you will add/change stuff to fit it in your extraordinary army style (balloon wheels to replace the tiny trukk wheels for example)

so i intentionally didn't paint them. ;)

and there should be a gunner to the trukk. so i hope you still have the bubblewrap to look trough somewhere!!!!

btw. it is langenhagen (with 2 g not  2s, my working adress, bad handwriting)

after sending the gift i recognized i forgot to include the message i had written. :D

• Zagursnik, Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts

Cheers Dok and good catch on the gunner - I had another look for him and found him in an unexplored corner :D  

I've modified the front end a tiny little bit - the front wheels I do like but (maybe 'coz I spent most of my life working as a mekboy) I did redo the front axle a bit - wheels in contact with mudguards looks really wrong to me :blush Replaced the front axle with a bit of brazing rod to give it a better chance of putting up with tabletop use (and transporting) - it doesn't look as good from below but it's hopefully going to spend most of its' time shiney side up :biggrin

The mek is gonna be fun to paint, he's got that much gubbinz on him that he's gotta go DeffSkulz - I have rebased him onto a 25mm base 'coz even the orks I've got on 32mm bases are way bigger than him (though, admittedly, not carrying as much loot :eek ). The fish'ed disc is the only bit that broke off in transit so I ended up having to shorten the gubbinz sticking out the back and make a chisel point on it to glue into a 'V' shaped slot carved into the back of the disc - gives it a much stronger connection point for gluing, other than that they survived the trip in very good order  :thumbs

So, many thanks and Happy Noo Year :cheers

• DocNuK likes this

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 979 posts

can't wait to see the result. ;)

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,700 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

We're a week out from our deadline.  

Can I get as sound off of who has yet to receive a gift? 

Those of you who have not yet sent your gift feel free to contact your person or post here just so they know they're in good hands & not just left out in the cold to twist. 

"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 338 posts
I have recieved my gift and will be sending mube friday, i will boot the postgrots extrahard to make them go faster.
  • Zagursnik likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,058 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
That's pretty decent postage time especially given the Xmas period mucking everything up. As you probably guessed from the Oz return address, that's from me. It's not as big and shiny as some of the other gifts that are starting to show up, but i hope you can find a use for him.

I was trying to think of something that could keep up with your tank convoy, and once i decided to make him a mek it seemed obvious that he should have a kff. I was looking for a head with a peaked hat like the rest of your boys but i couldn't find one. Then it was just a matter of hopefully sticking enough pouches on him.
  • Garr likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 333 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmasha's Deffskullz
Buggerit, I've outrun me parcel - it didn't get to me before I left the country so mine might be a bloomin Summah Santa gift at this rate especially with international post...

Hopefully I can make it worth the wait
:/

Nothing is safe from the spannrz n' bloo paint of da Kings of Loot!

"They can cut but they can't paste"

Check out my WIP Log

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,114 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz

I haven't gotten mine yet.

Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,515 posts

I am a terrible waaagh-er.  Never took care of this.  Will get a double portion gift sent out this weekend as an apology to my giftee for the delay.

• Zagursnik likes this

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 979 posts

i'm still waiting.

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,515 posts

Sent my package out priority mail on Monday.  Should arrive today or tomorrow with any luck.  

• Zagursnik likes this

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 338 posts
My package should be nearing it's destination!
  • Zagursnik likes this

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,114 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz

My gift just arrived and gork alive... new box of meganobz, killa kans and lootas! Just, wow, thank you!

I didn't see a forum name on the package anywhere... but I'm guessing it's from Laughter of Gods given the return address?

• Zagursnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."