Imagine my disappointment when not only did my local hobby shop not have the awesome looking official Dakkajet model, but the 1:72 A-10 Warthog I bought instead was barely fit for a grot! The gattling gun was about the size of the barrel on a slugga, and I couldn't even stuff in the flyboy! No matter, I was going to cover it in plasticard anyways. Time to make the shootiest Dakkajet there ever was!
I have cunningly found a way to upload pics and not pay a cent or even register, so here are the links because they are huge and I can't figure out how to shrink them to fit on the page:
- Flyboy inserted
- Weedy front end removed
- Supa-Shooty Gattlin' Shoota constructed from 1/2" tube and 4 shootas I had lying around, mounted in nose for more accurate BRRRRRT!
- Trukk exhaust pipes recycled into guns
- Plasticard plating started
To Do List:
- I've still got 12 shootas lying around, gotta put them on somehow. Although I'm not sure where I'd stick them, I
couldwill turn them into Supa-Shooty Gattlin' Shootas as well, for maximum BRRRRRT! (for BRRRRRT! is the purest form of shootiness, purer even than DAKKA itself)
- Need to construct the cockpit around our resident flyboy. Those are the controls he's holding right now. No, that choppa is staying a choppa. It's his emergency choppa; he needs it in case he crashes and miraculously survives and has to slog it back to the rest of the boyz.
- Need to build the front
- Wings need to be longer and wider. Not sure how to go about this.
- Enlarge the fuselage. I'm particularly concerned about the width, but some others have suggested length.
Sling an unused Zzzap! Kannon from the old battlewagon kit somewhere, because why not. It's not like I'll ever use it for anything else.Actually, forget I said that. [spoiler]It might come in handy for my super-secret project.[/spoiler]
- Construct 6 Supa-Shootas from 1/4 tubes so I never get heckled for WYSIWYG. Sure, 4 Supa-Shooty Gattlin' Shootas plus a few incidental guns on the jet would probably so the trick, but am I really going to not use an excuse for more dakka? Need to build them into the jet in a way that looks.....not contrived.
- The turbines look pretty puny. However, I don't think I have the skill, patience or at hand materials to make bigger ones that wouldn't look out of place....better make one big one out of trukk grills and plasticard and sling it under the belly. That'll make it go faster and add bulk to the fuselage.
- One pair of converted exhaust pipes don't quite look like guns yet. I need to fix that.
- Said pair of converted exhaust pipes in under one wing. I'm going to have to put something under the other wing to balance the spread of dakka.
- Glyphs and plates everywhere
- Battle damage
Thoughts, advice, tips?