Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

STOMPA

- - - - - Iron Cyclops

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz

Some better pics of this Stompa conversion.

1zvbdhz.png

2rg291z.jpg

Paint job is just a black undercoat with some metallic highlighting... inks and washes then applied.

... and plenty of dust where it's been sitting in this unfinished state for ages.

• lachlin, Redtoof, warhead01 and 6 others like this
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Red Skullz

Red Skullz

Magnetic Arm

• Deathskullz
  • 524 posts
  • Army Name:Red Krumpany
Needless to say but awesome build mate!

Are you planning a return here - will we see some more patented Krooza build(s) this year?
I'm on Facebook and I've got a blog as bigbossredskullz.

Team Anarchy, gaming community (in norwegian).

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts

Maybe... if I manage you sell my old stock ;)

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

skarnir

skarnir

Steel Teef

• Blood Axez
  • 677 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR
Nice very nice indeed

May the Enemies blood on your choppa never dry or your welding torch grow cold!

Ork Tactics by Laughterofthegods

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50985

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob

I wondered what happened to this stompa.  Now to find some cash to buy this beautiful thing.  Anyone need a kidney I have a kidney for sell.!

• Kr00zA likes this
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

PhillyT

PhillyT

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 973 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Wow, terrific!  

Whats the story with the buzz saw?  Where did that come from?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts

Wow, terrific!  

Whats the story with the buzz saw?  Where did that come from?

From my sick mind lol

Seriously though... the stock one is well weedy. Only fit to beef up the other arm ;)

The new buzzsaw not only looks like it could rip into Supa Heavyz it also has the reach to hit tanks and other such vehicles.

357hsut.jpg

• jackdoud likes this
Nuf Said.

CHARNEL

CHARNEL

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
  • Army Name:Badmoons

That's an awesome looking Stompa. Did you paint the metal by hand or use a metal basecoat or airbrush? I have two Stompas myself that I'm very, very not looking forwards to painting the metal on by hand.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Just in awe of the way you can keep finding places to fit stuff well past the stage where any mere mortal would have long since emptied their bitz boxes  :eek

It looks as though you also managed to keep it roughly the same size as GWs' stock effort?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts

Chaos black undercoat, then a heavy dry brushing of a dark Boltgun Metal / Black mix.

Then some lighter dry brushing with TinBitz.... inked and washed... further drybrushing with a TinBitz/Silver mix with more washes/inks applied between.

The rest is up to whoever buys it. Just needs klan colours added.

It's the same size as the stock model... just looks a lot beefier and has a more dynamic walking pose.

2n9gu9f.jpg

• Itinerate Ork likes this
Nuf Said.

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts

I'm glad you took pictures of the unprimed model - the conversion work is tremendous and so well done that the details really look like they belong there. As others have said, you did a really nice job improving on the chainsaw arm - it looks like a giant version of the dreadnought weapons and actually fits the ork aesthetic more than the stock one.

Hope to see it painted!

Wurg

Wurg

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 104 posts
  • Army Name:Wurg's Trukka Boyz

Oh, wow, I don't even know where to begin. "Proppa", "orky" and "as ded 'ard as ded killy" only describe it the same way "smelly" describes a Goff's armpits. The arms are absolutely amazing, what bits would I need to kitbash some of my own?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts

Oh, wow, I don't even know where to begin. "Proppa", "orky" and "as ded 'ard as ded killy" only describe it the same way "smelly" describes a Goff's armpits. The arms are absolutely amazing, what bits would I need to kitbash some of my own?

Plasticard mostly.

It uses the stock arm with basically two strips of thick plasticard to mount the cutting blade on.

Nuf Said.