Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Blitz Brigade - Vigilus Ork Detachments

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Lexington

Lexington

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 284 posts
  • Army Name:Zagdakka'z Ladz

Cryptix over at the Bolter & Chainsword found this and posted it:

Someone analyzed the video for the Vigilus book for one of the Detachments, an ork one that seems to focus on bikes and battlewagons. 

BLITZ BRIGADE (UNLOCK COST) - ?CP (Hard to read)
Use this stratagem at the beginning of the game. Pick an ORK detachment from your army to be a Blitz Brigade Spearhead detachment. WARBIKERS, BATTLEWAGONS, BONECRUSHAS and GUNWAGONS in this detachment gain the BLITZ BRIGADE keyword.

Warlord Trait: Back-seat driver. When your Warlord is embarked within a BLITZ BRIGADE TRANSPORT, add 1" to that transport's move characteristic. In addition, while your Warlord is embarked within it, the transport gains the "ere we go" ability

Relic: Da Blitz Shouta. At the start of your shooting phase, if the bearer is embarked within a BLITZ BRIGADE BATTLEWAGON, pick an enemy unit that is visible to the BATTLEWAGON. Until the end of the phase, reroll hit rolls of 1 for attacks made for friendly BLITZ BRIGADE units within 6" of that BATTLEWAGON that target the enemy unit you picked.

Stratagem: 2CP - Hold on, boyz! Use this stratagem during your movement phase, before moving a <CLAN> BLITZ BRIGADE BATTLEWAGON in your army. Pick a friendly <CLAN> INFANTRY unit wholly within 3" of that model and remove it from the battlefield. After the BATTLEWAGON has moved, set the <CLAN> INFANTRY unit back up on the battlefield, wholly within 3" of the BATTLEWAGON and more than 1" from enemy models. (Note that the infantry unit is not placed within the Battlewagon and does not count towards the number of friendly models it can transport). The infantry unit cannot move further this phase, and counts as having moved this turn for all rules purposes and it cannot charge this turn.

Stratagem: 1CP - CRUSH YA! - Use this stratagem when a BLITZ BRIGADE BONECRUSHA from your army is chosen to fight. Roll an additional D6 for the Bonecrusha Ram ability and choose the highest result.

Stratagem, 1CP - Opening Salvo
Use this stratagem in your shooting phase in the first battle round. Choose a BLITZ BRIGADE GUNWAGON from your army. Double the range characteristic of that unit's ranged weapons until the end of the phase.

Not bad. I can see a couple of interesting uses for the Strategems, especially Hold On, Boyz!, which would let you toss some Tankbustas out into the midfield then let them go hog wild with Extra Stikkbombs, all in the space of a single turn.

Nothing Earth-shattering - which is probably fine given the overall power level of our Codex at the moment - but there's some fun options for a concentrated build. Looking forward to this.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,411 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

This is beginning to sound a little bit like 'Loot Boxes' :scowl

• Giganotosaurus likes this

killercroc

killercroc

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,184 posts

Pay to play is the name of the game. Though to be fair you could look at every box you buy as a loot box that you know what is in it :P Games are service now, if you cant get $5 out of someone every time they play then you're losing money!

I do like the looks of this Blitz force, really fluffy and I think CP for bonuses is a much better game design than last edition. They also don't seem overly powerful, it's CP for the detachment but all that does is unlock a new trait and relic, still pay CP after that. Hopefully that will stop spam from certain armies.

• Lexington likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,579 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

How is this anything like a loot box?

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,411 posts

Pay to play is the name of the game. 

:lol Collectable Stratagem Cards in sealed envelopes next, most ov 'em are meh, some ov 'em are good and a very tiny percentage ov 'em are totally broken (until next month) and they're all in sealed envelope packaging with no idea of knowing which is which :!

• skarnir and Giganotosaurus like this

killercroc

killercroc

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,184 posts

How is this anything like a loot box?

How about the literal loot box for Beakies that it's a random beakie figure for like $8 each, and you have no idea what you're buying. 

@Badfang Brassaxe Soon we'll be able to unlock new skins for our models! They'll sell little sheets telling you which paints to buy to make unique 'named' factions

• Badfang Brassaxe and skarnir like this

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,114 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz

How about the literal loot box for Beakies that it's a random beakie figure for like $8 each, and you have no idea what you're buying. 

Yeah, but none of those have game impacting value to them. They are just blindbox collectible figures.

Also... since when did having game related content appear in expansion and campaign books become somehow a negative?

• PhillyT likes this
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

killercroc

killercroc

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,184 posts

Exactly like most loot boxes. Look at overwatch, all the have are skins, tags and voices. The skins don't impact the game they're just collectible. 

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 412 posts

I dunno...it's not anything new for GW:

--Imperial Armour
--Chapter Approved

--General's Compendium(s) (I have fond memories of (ab)using a certain High Elf dragon-rider from one compendium (who conveniently took up an elite choice, not a lord choice), or the (best) rules for Eltharion the Grim (blind version).

--rules released in White Dwarf

--Warhammer Annual (back in the day)

--etc.

GW's always used a supplements model for delivering additional rules for armies, which you were required to pay in order to use - but none of them are mandatory, nor is Vigilus to my understanding.

• Blakkreaper and PhillyT like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,411 posts

Anything new to the game is fine as long as there is a counterplay available in game already, if there isn't then you're starting to wander into Star Wars Battlefield 2 territory where you don't have to buy the loot boxes and gamble on there being something in them that'll make your army competative again as long as you don't mind your army being tabled on a regular basis.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,579 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

The level of cynicism of this community continues to astound me.

• Gitgrod and Grimskul25 like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

The level of cynicism of this community continues to astound me.

How? These rules are the kind of stuff that should have been in the codex. Now, to play the kind of army i want to play I'd have to have the rule book, index, codex, Ca 2019 and this campaign book.

However, what you fail to see is the amount of dark humour going on. We're all having a bit of fun...

But no seriously, am a little pissed that my warlord (who loves his battle wagon and rides about in it everywhere) now has to buy a book that comes out a month or two after the ork book just to get the full potential of using him.
  • Blakkreaper, killercroc, Garslag and 4 others like this

killercroc

killercroc

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,184 posts

So a joke was made comparing it to loot boxes (which has some basis in reality, more like paid add-on content but semantics) then I continued on to say I like it and it sounds like a good idea and I'm  looking forward to it... and that's cynicism but no where did I complain about having to pay for the new book. Really it just sounds like you're looking for something to complain about. Lemme email Dim and get him back on the forum posting more frequently since it seems you miss the actual cynic and now you're just complaining about non-issues. 

• Blakkreaper, Snarknit Grokguzz, Beingmad and 4 others like this

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,114 posts

How? These rules are the kind of stuff that should have been in the codex. Now, to play the kind of army i want to play I'd have to have the rule book, index, codex, Ca 2019 and this campaign book.

However, what you fail to see is the amount of dark humour going on. We're all having a bit of fun...

But no seriously, am a little pissed that my warlord (who loves his battle wagon and rides about in it everywhere) now has to buy a book that comes out a month or two after the ork book just to get the full potential of using him.

I would actually counter that... from what I'm seeing this is a new detachment option, outside of the core book ones.

To my knowlege, no other codex has something like this inherently. Including it in the book would just be a continuation of the old issues with changing codex design philosophies that plagued 7th edition.

It strikes me very much as something that shouldn't be in the base book if it is a new army construction mechanic.

What does concern me is that it marks the return of formations by another name... if they handle them like they do the Warscroll Battalions in AoS, it should be fine, but if it ends up just being a rehash of the old ones and just as broken, then there will be problems.

• Snarknit Grokguzz and Skumdreg like this
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Lexington

Lexington

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 284 posts

How? These rules are the kind of stuff that should have been in the codex.

Why stop there, tho? Why have Codexes - it should all be in the rulebook, shouldn't it?

Really, I don't see this as terrible. I'd rather armies continually evolve than just make players wait 4 - 6 years (or more) for their next bite at the apple. The occasional game book purchase seems like a decent way to make that happen. Plus, this doesn't even take into account the fact that every GW book is available for free on the day of release to anyone with Google and five minutes to spare.

• Nefairius likes this

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Magnetic Arm

• Boyz
  • 521 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

For an update this small a free download would have been enough if you ask me.

Making a million books is just annoying, even with the argument of codex consistency. Same with CA, not buying a book for 5 adjusted point costs for the faction I play.

PhillyT would probably buy a dedicated book for each datasheet tho, at least that's how frustrated he sounds when people mention common sense.

• skarnir and Skumdreg like this

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,411 posts

Why stop there, tho? Why have Codexes - it should all be in the rulebook, shouldn't it?

I seem to recall that originally it was all in Rogue Trader, perhaps ironically I think that Waaargh!/Ere we go/Freebootaz may have been the first Kodex :blush

Doesn't alter the fact that barely three weeks after the Kodex dropped we've got published erata and extra army options coming out that we're being invited to pay money for :scowl

• Blakkreaper, Gitgrod, skarnir and 2 others like this

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,114 posts

I seem to recall that originally it was all in Rogue Trader, perhaps ironically I think that Waaargh!/Ere we go/Freebootaz may have been the first Kodex :blush

Doesn't alter the fact that barely three weeks after the Kodex dropped we've got published erata and extra army options coming out that we're being invited to pay money for :scowl

The errata is standard though... it was something they laid out at the start of all this... Codex followed by Errata in 2 or three weeks that addressed issues, and oversights that came up between the book going to printers through its immediate release. 

...and i'm sorry, but I still can't fathom how them releasing a campaign book, with options for each faction present in the campaign is suddenly a cash grab. Especially as considering the campaign book would be likely panned if it didn't have any mechanics in it... or panned because it only gave options for one faction or another.

Seriously, if there wasn't anything for orks in that book other than fluff there would be outrage over orks getting ignored.

• Blakkreaper and Nefairius like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

Yeah, i wouldn't mind if this was a year later and I was getting hungry for new stuff but I barely know my own codex yet and they're throwing stuff I would have loved to have had in it! The FAQ is understandable but these are Command Starts and stuff that would make my Evil Sunz even more amazing... why wouldn't I want this? However, it could limit it so you can only use it in the campaign games (which is okay).... other wise tournament players would be forced to buy this book to get all the options available. This, in turn, just encourages GW to make a new book every month for us to buy. 

Lexington

Lexington

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 284 posts

Eh, I dunno, this doesn't really seem bothersome - some Codex had to be the last before the campaign books started, and Orks drew that particular short straw. Would it be better for the entire game to stop entirely for months or years on end, just so that some Ork players wouldn't feel this sort of arbitrary umbrage?