Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Goffs

* * * * * 1 votes Goffs

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
Thanks. Tried the sponge method for the first time.

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

Spent a bit of time this morning doing up another of my old models - my  skorcha buggy. Its going to do a kamikaze drive up to my mate's tin'eads on Tuesday to drop some AP4. Flayed ones I'm looking at you. Didn't quite have the sense to do a proper before shot in time, so there's already a few changes under-way in the first shot, but you can see the newly under-coated version next to it. Had to clean off loads of old mold lines and I've used plasticard to hide loads of damage to it, and added some rivets in that section to add some realism. Going to have to put some up-to-date orks on there though, the gorkamorka old ones look woefully feeble these days - wish GW would get on the case.

egwzm0.jpg

• warhead01 likes this

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

So with this army I'm aiming for this sort of thing, serious ded 'ard types - 

4toyvb.png

k50fiu.jpg

Hopefully the colour palette is there or there abouts.. Probably need more checks??

Anyway, happy Easter all.

GET EM BOYS  :dakka

• Space Truckin and Dallo like this

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts

Your models match that image really well, down to the colors even. Great work!

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

WIP here on the AOBR warboss I also have, bit of a way to go yet - 

2u4n0x3.jpg

• Yara likes this

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

Your models match that image really well, down to the colors even. Great work!

Cheers!

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

Hi all, 

Quick progress pic from my mobile, not had chance to paint much of late, but there's a few new ones in the mix. Liking the look and feel of the mob en masse now too. 

r22hif.jpg

• warhead01, Badfang Brassaxe, Space Truckin and 1 other like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Looted Russ Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,986 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

They are a good match for the artwork  :thumbs

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

Thanks! I need to pull my finger out and get some squads sorted rather than flitting around now. 

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

So reading through the forum, it seems a few of us have been inspired by the new Mad Max in various ways.. For me it's been a bit of that, and a bit of being inspired to do more with my army by the ork featured in the current Warhammer: Visions that I bought on the way out to Barcelona on holiday last week. I went back to the drawing board slightly with da wagon, and after much deliberation, currently have something that looks like this:

mrrzpu.jpg

Much happier with it all in all. It looks pretty beefy now, and the 'upgrades' have minimised the obviousness of the landraider chassis somewhat. I'm also fairly happy with the asymmetry of it now, with the 'rokkit towwa' offset nicely by the front of the hull being built up and around the right tracks, whilst leaving the other tracks open. I was also taken in by something I read recently somewhere which said that nothing quite orkifies a vehicle quite like putting a face on it! So with that in mind I've made a rudimentary face, with the thin viewing port at the front and a gob made from plasticard. I've also thought harder about how this would actually function, so there is a hatch down into this cockpit section at the front of the wagon to allow the driver access..

There is still afair bit of work to be done, like greenstuff welding, rivets etc etc. Going to do more to make sure the old MK Rhino tracks are fitted better too. Also think I need a few more 'orkaments' in there though,  few glyphs etc. Might even see if I can add a few trophies onto it somehow, not to mention a few riggas, which I'll paint separately and add at the end.   

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

shame these guys wont see much action -

qyes7l.jpg

On the hunt for more grotzookas now. Anyone know of any tutorials for making them?

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts

I really like the outrigger rhino tracks on the revised battlewagon. I think it looks a lot more like an ork creation now and a lot less like a landraider. You can just imagine the mek boy adding more tracks for more speed (obviously).

I look forward to seeing the details come together - especially how you tie the sides together. If you haven't already considered it, you could use the top of the Rhino bit as a running board-type area.

• Goff Boss likes this

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

Here is the half assembled/practically unpainted fungi amalgamate that is Waaagh Gorbash so far... Long way to go yet getting this lot up to scratch. 

jgqx5x.jpg

I really like the outrigger rhino tracks on the revised battlewagon. I think it looks a lot more like an ork creation now and a lot less like a landraider. You can just imagine the mek boy adding more tracks for more speed (obviously).

I look forward to seeing the details come together - especially how you tie the sides together. If you haven't already considered it, you could use the top of the Rhino bit as a running board-type area.

Cheers!

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

Not too far off finishing my first shoota boyz unit now - 

2dmnnb.jpg

Have converted an AOBR nob with a power claw for the unit too. 

Big Bad Squig

Big Bad Squig

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 86 posts
  • Army Name:Sonz of Gork

I LOVE your paint style; so in keeping with the grimdark feel of 40k.  Squig approves.

• Goff Boss likes this

Who's afraid of da big bad squig?

Lost Legions o'er on B&C:

II: http://www.bolterand...on-project-log/

XI: http://www.bolterand...on-project-log/

Space Wolves: http://www.bolterand...s-space-wolves/

Dark panzee: http://www.dakkadakk...ist/659879.page

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
Cheers ! Exactly what I'm going for.

Saintspirit

Saintspirit

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
  • Army Name:Da Welfblaza Tribe

Looks very good, I dig it.

One nice way to make 'zookas is to take plasticard tubes of a large kind (about 1 cm wide) and saw away a small piece, then cut off small plastic bitz and glue into the tube piece. If you understand. :thumbs

"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind dere bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns an' cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces an' jump up and down on da bitz left. An' den, I'm gonna get really mean." - Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss

"Get 'em boyz! Dakka dakka dakka! WAAAGH! THE ORKS! WAAAAGH!" - Rotgob, Ork strategist

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 317 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

Goff Boss,  well done!! Your skills with the brush are exemplary, and I love the color palate you have chosen. The colors are a little different, but still easily identifiable as orky. The clean but dark look adds an aura of 'ardness to you mob. The AoBR Warboss is the best ork figure that GW has ever produced, and your painting more than does him justice! You have inspired me to produce a similar look for some of my own mobs.

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

Looks very good, I dig it.

One nice way to make 'zookas is to take plasticard tubes of a large kind (about 1 cm wide) and saw away a small piece, then cut off small plastic bitz and glue into the tube piece. If you understand. :thumbs

Goff Boss,  well done!! Your skills with the brush are exemplary, and I love the color palate you have chosen. The colors are a little different, but still easily identifiable as orky. The clean but dark look adds an aura of 'ardness to you mob. The AoBR Warboss is the best ork figure that GW has ever produced, and your painting more than does him justice! You have inspired me to produce a similar look for some of my own mobs.

Cheers guys, glad you're liking the look. Will be knocking up some zookas in the near future hopefully, thanks for the advice. Brother Heinrich has also made some cool ones over on his thread - http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=53967

Dazbag Skorcha

Dazbag Skorcha

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
  • Army Name:Da Burning Moonz

Very inspiring paint style! your colour are exact to the art! Well done! :thumbs

• Goff Boss likes this

I'Z GOT DA BEST SHOOTAS AND ARMOUR DER IZ   :dakka

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Goffs