Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stable Pix Blog?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Armored Walker started a topic on converting BloodBowl orcs into 40k orks http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=54772 just as I was looking to expand my OozToof?s, and one of the mobs I'm short of is a DeffSkulz nobzmob, and as imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and DeffSkulz are renown for their sincerity......

Well, it wouldn't be a DeffSkulz build if it wasn't looted :thumbs

So, yesterday my Scourged Eye BloodBowl team landed, you get two identysprues of six so I pulled the same ones of them off the two sprues and sent one to da painboy

IMG_1490.jpg

And this morning pulled another one apart too, had a rummage through my nobzbitz box, found some likely looking bitz and started putting them together again - the one in the middle is the standard GW approved build of the one on the left

IMG_1495.jpg

The kombiskorchaz barrel is a bit higher than it should be 'coz 'is right arm keeps slipping down, but they're about right for size and they've got a proppa skrappy DeffSkulzy sort of look to them - off to carve a few more up now :biggrin

• warhead01, armored walker, DocNuK and 7 others like this

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

This is awesome! Mega approve!!!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts

Ta muchly greggles and thanks for the likes chaps :cheers

Was hoping to get a bit more done on these today but kept trying to do too much and wrecked nearly half of what I'd already done and had to do it again, and then I did the same thing again :bang

dirty_arf_dozen.jpg

Still, I have made some progress and if the Milliput dries overnight I should be able to get at least half of them ready for primer :thumbs

• warhead01, Orkimedez, Snarknit Grokguzz and 2 others like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

"Was hoping to get a bit more done on these today but kept trying to do too much and wrecked nearly half of what I'd already done and had to do it again, and then I did the same thing again :bang " The enemy of good is better. I feel your pain, been there way too many times myself. One would think that I would have learned by now, but I keep doing the same thing as well! :bang :bang The Gouged Eye Nobz Mob is looking good. :thumbs :thumbs I picked up a set to convert 2 months back, so thanks for the new ideas that I'm lootin'! :yes

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts

Thanks Giga, good luck with them :cheers

Got them in primer eventually (kept finding more bitz that needed 'puttin')

BB_nobz_primer.jpg

I think Neork is gonna require a penny glued under his base to remain upright but otherwise I'm pretty chuffed with 'em so far - now to see what I can come up with for the other lot :?

• warhead01 and Giganotosaurus like this

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Have had to do the penny trick myself before, maybe also a nickel lol

Love how custom these are! Poses are so dynamic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts

Cheers skyfi, sad state when the currency of the realm is the cheapest way of keeping toy soldiers upright :lol

Got the second lot built up and did some side by side shots from front and back to show the difference I was able to get from a varied bitz box (which is a lot emptier now) and some applied Milliput

line_1_by_badfang-dbneu29.jpg

line2_by_badfang-dbnetu4.jpg

line_3_by_badfang-dbnetlg.jpg

The three pairs of linemen all went power klaws/stabbaz 'cept one (coz there's always one) who got a 'uge choppa (two in fact) :)

One of the throwers had a kombi rokkit lobba and the other got my last powastabba and eventually (after I found one) another slugga

thrower_by_badfang-dbneta4.jpg

One of the blockers had already had the only kombi burna I'd got so the other one got a Waaagh! banna and a slugga

blocker_by_badfang-dbnesyb.jpg

And finally one of the blitzers had already got dibs on the other Waaagh! banna (not seen anything saying one per army) but his stance had already put me in mind of an old Monty Python sketch, I just had to do one with a stoopid 'uge choppa charging (not quite so pell mell - I bent his knee a bit more) bellowing his Waaagh!shout

blitzer_by_badfang-dbnesjd.jpg

ANNUSSFETTIKK!!!

• warhead01 and brettfp like this

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 616 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
As always you get a lotta milage out of a very few poses. I wish your pics were a little bigger mate, I battle to make out details sometimes, but as I've observed that probably comes of being a phone browser.

I like the metal head on the first banner waver -looks paul bonner-esque. Where'd you find it?
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts

Cheers Garslag, I don't tend to bother putting out wip-pix too large cos they're all a bit rough 'til I've finished cleaning them up - or at least got bored doing it to the stage where 'it's good ennuff fer orks'

Old_nobbed.jpg

The head came off an old metal ork nob (it's got 'GW 98' stamped into the base tab), I thought it looked a bit strange when I assembled it but it was only when I got primer round it that I realised the dok had had a go at 'im - and yes, the long face is a lot more 'klassik GW' than the newer ones :thumbs

• Zagursnik likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 616 posts
I can't make sense of that. If my memory serves me right, the 3rd ed re-release didn't happen till 2000. Unless it was one of the gorkamorka nobs that i somehow negligently missed. Or could it have been from whfb?
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts

Pretty certain it wasn't fantasy - it says 'ORK NOB' cast into the front side of the base tab (copyright mark and 'GW 98' on the back side) and the body and left arm have got bullet belts around them, I'll try to get better pix in daylight tomorrow for yez :thumbs

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 616 posts

No biggy, it's just freaking me out.  If a model slips me by these days, that's only to be expected, since I gave up the WD subscription 15 years ago.  But 98 was right about my heyday and I'm surprised as hell that there's a nob out there that I don't recognise!

"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts

Sorry to leave you hanging Garslag, I had a go at painting the face up using Nusphigors' green to pink blending technique to show the face up a bit better, sadly he hadn't left his talent lying around where I could loot that as well - so I gave it a go but there was too much going on in too small a space for my ability. So (at the likely risk of surprising no one at all) I got the Milliput out and 'fixed' his face and then painted it up

Banna1.jpg

It's probably going to get more oil washes but it's reasonably there now, and the rest aren't too far behind :cheers

Edit - er, that head, when I was cleaning up the bench to make enough room for painting I found another metal head, with a cut-off rod cast into the back of it, which is probably the one that came off the body I found. I can remember thinking it'd be a pain to fit to the body which had a sticky-out neck, and when I came to fit the head, the one I picked up went on without too much trouble. So all I can say about this head with any reasonable certainty is that it came out of my nobz bitz box, sorry about that :blush

• warhead01 likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 616 posts
Ah well. Even if the mystery endures, I likes 'im. There's lots more colour than I've seen you use for a while, I like that.

You should stick some more glyphs and skulls n stuff on that waaagh banner if you have them. What deff skull would not cover a waaagh banner with loot?
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts

Cheers Garslag, chuffed you're liking the colours (I guess my BloodAxes do tend to look a bit uniform) and nice call on the danglies for the banner - have to see what other bits I've got lying around but this had me giggling 

What deff skull would not cover a waaagh banner with loot?

The DeffSkull who's got to lug it around

'I couldn't give a squigs' ass if it'd look good wiv a baneblade turret hanging off it'   :cheers

• Garslag likes this

IronShark

IronShark

Dreadsock Enforcer

• Nobz
  • 4,367 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Morgrim!

Very nice looking models!

Being a winner is easy if your definition of victory is flexible enough.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts

Cheers IronShark - I don't think they'd work too well for my BloodAxes but for all the other clans they'd probably be golden.

I'd hoped to be able to get a few more finished by now but I got da blooz - literally, I mean I've got four different Vallejo blues, three Daler/Rowney blues, two Winsor&Newton blues and even a couple of GW blues and it seems that no matter what I do with them, by the time they end up on the models they're either 'light bloo' or 'dark bloo' :bang

Mostly_Painted_nobz.jpg

So the rest of them are mostly there but Gorks' Teef there's a lot of bits need painting on them, still there's less now than there used to be.

Coffee break now and then back to the paints :cheers

• warhead01, Snarknit Grokguzz and Giganotosaurus like this

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 616 posts
I like the guy second from the right with the glaivey looking thing
"Parry the 6!"

KNW

KNW

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
  • Army Name:The Industral Strength WAAAAGH

This is awesome.  I'm still planning to convert a bunch of BloowBowl boyz into 40k versions and thanks to my laziness, you've gone and done the legwork to prove they can look great.

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts

Thanks guys, I'm still struggling a bit with the paint on them - DeffSkullz always give me painting problems :bang

The 'uge choppa ended up looking like this

uge_choppa_by_badfang-dboigkx.jpg

and the kombiburna

kombiburna_by_badfang-dboigkt.jpg

One of the PK nobz

klaw_1_by_badfang-dboigkq.jpg

And I possibly haven't done Garslags' fave any favours by pushing him out early

uge_choppa2_by_badfang-dboigl3.jpg

Not 100% happy with them yet but at least they're up to tabletop :sowhat

• Orkimedez, Giganotosaurus and brettfp like this