Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warheads Bonesplittaz.

Savage Orruks.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Last year I collected  few boxes of Savage Orruk Bonesplittaz. I'd thought about starting AoS and knew I had some old WFB orcs a goblins but it seemed to me a better choice to just start fresh, new game new army. 
It took roughly a month to get them all built and painted but that month was spread out over I guess 3 months. It could have all been done in a month but things came up. 

Here are the pictures!

1227161428c%255B1%255D.jpg

Wargrog killface.

1227161429a%255B1%255D.jpg

a lot of morboys.

1227161430b%255B1%255D.jpg

A load of Spears

1227161431a%255B1%255D.jpg

Savages!

1227161433%255B1%255D.jpg

Maniks.

The rest can be seen here.

http://warhead01.blo...age-orruks.html

The goal was 1000 points I think I have more than 1500 points now.

These are some of my best painted models. I'm thinking about adding a few more units and filling out a few of the units. 
And adding the characters I don't own yet.

Thanks for looking!

• Badfang Brassaxe, Garslag, Mik McMok the Mek and 2 others like this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Moe Dakka

Moe Dakka

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 126 posts

Awesome horde.  Great blog, too.

AoS...where green means something... ;)

• warhead01 and Mik McMok the Mek like this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts

Thank you! 

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

It took roughly a month to get them all built and painted but that month was spread out over I guess 3 months. It could have all been done in a month but things came up. 

These are some of my best painted models.

That is an awesome amazing (Moe's already used the other 'a' word :lol ) horde for three months build n' paint, especially to such a high standard, thanks for posting :thumbs

• warhead01 and Mik McMok the Mek like this

Moe Dakka

Moe Dakka

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 126 posts

Thank you! 

Thank you for the inspiration.  I've put aside my "k"s until the new edition, and have been knee-deep in an AoS Greenskin horde meself.

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts

HA! I usually paint to a high standard when I paint other peoples models and never finish my own. It's all a work in progress usually. I had Orcs for wfb that I never finished I couldn't get myself motivated. It's hard for people who might see one of my armies at a game to believe I can actually paint if they don't know me already.  I've wanted to play with a fully painted army for a long time.  I also figured they'd be easier to sell if I didn't/don't enjoy AoS. So far it's fun. Plan to head to the shop tomorrow for  game.  They have a league starting tomorrow If I can make it too the shop twice a month I'll join. I really don't play enough games these days.

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts

Thank you for the inspiration.  I've put aside my "k"s until the new edition, and have been knee-deep in an AoS Greenskin horde meself.

I've been tempted to do the same. I don't really play regularly so it's kinda the same thing. I am also planning to sell all my other armies to fund a second AoS army and some board games. I've just got too much I never even look at anymore. I'm dead set on having all my ork finished within the next two years. (That'll make 20 years of Orks for me.)  

I'm thinking about one more unit of Boar boys, chompas and shields. 10 to 20 more Savages with Chompas and Shields and maybe 20 more bow guys. and the Heroes I don't have yet. But it's going to be buy a unit and get it done before I buy the next one. No reason to rush.  
I also want to make some Rhelm gates a big screaming skull face with a gate for it's mouth. "The Mouth of fire!" 

Moe Dakka

Moe Dakka

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 126 posts

I've been tempted to do the same. I don't really play regularly so it's kinda the same thing. I am also planning to sell all my other armies to fund a second AoS army and some board games. I've just got too much I never even look at anymore. I'm dead set on having all my ork finished within the next two years. (That'll make 20 years of Orks for me.)  

I'm thinking about one more unit of Boar boys, chompas and shields. 10 to 20 more Savages with Chompas and Shields and maybe 20 more bow guys. and the Heroes I don't have yet. But it's going to be buy a unit and get it done before I buy the next one. No reason to rush.  
I also want to make some Rhelm gates a big screaming skull face with a gate for it's mouth. "The Mouth of fire!" 

Sounds incredible.  If you aren't a member yet, check out this site:  http://www.tga.community/forums/ .

It's a great resource, and unlike SOME places, it's really upbeat.

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts

I am now a member there. I didn't realize that tga was a thing.  Should be good. 
I played my second game yesterday. It was a load of fun.Looking at what I'v collected and painted I'm now seeing what I might like to change and what I might like to add. I'm starting to see a few more kits in my future. haha. 

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,418 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

Love the models and the website. I recently bought some myself for 40k Savage Ork Klan models and love the models. They are well made and good value. Sadly, there's no AOS gamers in my area, so it's 40k Orks or nuffin. I still have a lot of my old  fantasy Orc and Gobbo army too

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts

Love the models and the website. I recently bought some myself for 40k Savage Ork Klan models and love the models. They are well made and good value. Sadly, there's no AOS gamers in my area, so it's 40k Orks or nuffin. I still have a lot of my old  fantasy Orc and Gobbo army too

Thanks!

I didn't really like them at first, a few years ago or more now. But they've grown on me.... 

One of my friends who's very into AoS just moved and it doesn't sound like he can find anyone playing there.  Luck of the draw I guess. 

Stay tuned, More savageness will be happening! 

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this