Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"It's going to be the year of the xeanos"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Fair play on the two 4e codex options. During 3e, 3.5 and most of 4th however there were a number of competitive options, it's just that only a few were at the very pointy end. Look back in the archives here, and you'll find players who were winning major tournaments with orks - and with different lists too. I'd have to dig through the archives to find the specific lists they were running, it was a decade ago. Our list wasn't seen as a tournament staple, but players here were bringing back wins from 'Ard Boyz and similar. I know I could confidently field much more variety in 3.5 than I can now (though by the end of 3.5 we had three lists, and the six clan variants on the main Ork list, so there was that).

I suppose I can't really speak to 3 much.  I was running Chaos Beakies back then and not orks.  My friend who played orks didn't find they were a terrific play though but thats a sample size of one.

I'm finding it difficult to go all in on transports without being blown away whilst trying to pass bubblewrap. I'm finding 12 boyz just don't do enough to enemy squads, and even double charges don't hold up. 2 St4 hits on average per ork, is 1/3 of a dead beakie. Then they step backwards, their actual dakka fires, and the boyz vanish. I'm underwhelmed by trukkboyz this edition, but maybe your meta is different?

Fair. I'm yet to try flash gits, my first instinct was that they were mediocre. Nobs with runts and KFF might be okay. My few attempts with that failed, but harlequins are hardly normal and I was still getting the hand of 8th.

A unit of 12 ork shoota boyz piling out with their klaw nob will take down 3-4 beakies per turn.  Even if you assume that unit is going to fall back, the trukk will have piled into another neighboring unit forcing THAT unit to fall back.  Even if both fall back and other models near by turn their fire on the turkk and boyz, you have now taken two units out of the turn and required a minimum of two more to put their fire on the orks and trukk to avoid the two units doing the same thing next turn.  If you have two trukk units hit the enemy line at the same time, there isn't likely to be enough Beakies unengaged to effectively take them all out.  Combined with a wagon or two or even a gorkanaut, its a daunting task for beakie players to even consider trying to slow all that down.  'umies have a slightly easier time, but any units hitting end up mowing through those bubble wraps.  Its all about the KFF coverage.  Literally your entire army needs to be under KFF bubbles and a huge number of options open up.

Regarding nobz and flash gitz, running infantry heavy can be a very big problem for most builds to counter.  They just can't deal with those nob aand flash git squads.  The benefit of flash gitz is their massive amount of fire.  Even on the turn they move, you get those 30 shots and up to 10 rerolls at 5+.  When they stop, they get all that on a 4+.  Badrukk is a great deal and when he is on the table, you get to reroll 1's then reroll another 10.  Every other turn, you'll luck into another free round of shooting if you blast away with all three units every round.

As far as nobz go, with their 4+ and 5++ saves coupled with the bonus runt wounds, they are pretty durable now.  I load them out heavy with klaws.  Combined with 30 ork squads running beside them, there are too many bodies for most armies to handle.  When running infantry hordes I often leave all vehicles at home and just green tides it.  Most armies are taking loads of anti elite and anti vehicle options, which are wasted on green tides.  Even nob squads are immune to anti elite because you will throw wounds on your ammo runts.  If they concentrate on your nobz, the boyz will multicharge them.  If they shoot the boyz, the nobz will rip apart anything they touch.

kreell

kreell

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 107 posts

Hi guys,

I don't know if it's the right place to put this (the second post of this link)

http://www.tabletopw...comment-4920991

and a dude, who announced the custodes on the riht time, say (the haechi's post)

http://www.advancedt...=344404#p344396

If it's true, I'm really sad to have to wait so lonnnnnng... decembre... tssss

did you guys know something about this?

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 887 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
I'm inclined to believe either one. What new sub factions though? We already have evil sunx and the cult of speed so not sure what else we need?

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,146 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Kult ov Speed only seems to be 'Evil Sunz who don't want to paint their vehicles red' - possibly why they got rid of 'red ones go fasta', I suppose on the plus side if they're going to take 11 months over it then there's no excuse for them screwing it up :sowhat

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

I doubt they will hold orks until December.  If they do, I am not bothered by it.  It likely means they will be getting a pretty big rework or significant model support.

• Denchfeng likes this

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 829 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
If that is as it appears KOS with a new buggy, then 2019 may be the year I have a go at putting some models on a table again.
"Parry the 6!"

Killthulhu

Killthulhu

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 70 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Axes

Don't know if you guys saw, but on the 40k facebook page they announced the next three codices: tin'eads, fish'ead, Dark panzee.

Honestly, I'm cool with it.  The longer we wait, the more time that goes into development.

"Um, boss? If we'z green, an' da trees iz green, wot we applyin' dis 'ere green camo for?"

"Lissen ya git, ya jus' answered yer own question. Why do ya fink da 'oomies paint everyfing green out 'ere?"

"Because... da 'oomies iz pink?"

"Right! So if we don' make ourselfs green, den we can't be sneeky!"

"But boss... we iz green."

"I know we'z green! We just put on camo! See, dis 'ere iz why I do all the plannin. Now shut yer gob and lets get ta killin."

"Right... you'z da boss..."

-Conversation between two Ork Kommandos intercepted at Listening Post Alpha Four Alpha, Sector Seven, Equitorial Jungle of Armageddon

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 887 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
But they also then announced a new imperial knight -_- Don't IK players have like a bazillion overly expensive plastic models already while our overly expensive plastic models don't even do much!?
  • skarnir likes this

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 839 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz
Ah brothers, in my case i'm hopefull for speed freaks in proper mad Max fastion! considering how many old games They are relaunching i wouldnt bebsurprised surprised IF we got codex speed freaks together with a new buggy and gorkamorka!

Think of it, triple launch, revamped gorkamorka tô go with necromunda space Hulk and bloodbowl, new codex and a new buggy model that Goes with both other lanches.
We could be getting The trifecta