Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brewhouse Bash (picture heavy)

- - - - - Brewhouse Bash Clanz Nobz Snotling Gretchin Board Games Mini Games

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,955 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

My local GW store runs mini-games from time to time. Don't ask how, but somehow, I ended up being rules guy. So anyway, I've fancied re-writing Brewhouse Bash for a long time. This isn't exactly how I would do it normally, but I was asked to make it resemble rules everyone knows, and I settled on the system in Silver Tower, the new heroquest board game (because it's a fun and novel little ruleset). Anyway, I'll post up rules and things later. I've mostly been busy building the player pieces. Not sure on exactly what to do for the board itself (but I do have my eye on GW's Lake Town set), but that itself has sort of a GW-centric remit. So I've been limited, so kitbashing has been more than a little nuts. But to be fair, anyone who does remember when I do actually post modelling things, kitbash is probably my specialty, or as close to one as I get.

So there are 9 player pieces. I decided to basically make "characters" rather than generic fighters. They have a small rules card (just like Silver Tower) with unique attacks, perks and abilities (again, more on that in another thread). Basically in terms of models, there's 8 Orks (One Ork Nob from each Clan, a Madboy and a Freeboota) and a Grot. In addition, if you've played Silver Tower, you'll note there are 4 Creatures that appear and sort of do stuff. I've stolen that too, so there's a Snotling, a Squigeon, a Cleanin' Grot, and a Face-eater Squig. I haven't finished the builds for the latter 3 (MGD has helped me source the main component for the Cleanin' Grot) but the Snotling is done. I need to do some greenstuffing and a bit of modification to finish the last couple of things and then they're ready to undercoat!

Anyway, enough waffle. Pictures (I'll not fill in what's what yet. I'd like you all to guess Clan Affiliation. See how well I've done).

(Whole Album is here, there's rear views of all 10 pieces. I've just posted the front for now. Can do more on request.)

Zagsnik%20Wazgor%20A1_zpshqa5lqau.jpg

Kaptin%20Squigeye%20A1_zpstkmcqkqz.jpg

Snagtoof%20Da%20Snazzy%20A1_zpscunwltlb.

Gobbog%20Da%20Tuf%20A1_zpsjgigogxu.jpg

Grubwort%20Zoglug%20A1_zpsidkr4ocx.jpg

Skumbag%20Two%20Ands%20A1_zpsjdz5rx18.jp

Major%20Gitbag%20A1_zpscquk9non.jpg

Uzwurr%20Da%20Mad%20A1_zps09cw3int.jpg

Legit%20Da%20Grot%20A1_zpsqguhqwjv.jpg

Bogoff%20Da%20Snotling%20A1_zpscgybsnp3.

See album link above for rear views. Got a few more to add and then I'll get painting. Comments, criticism, painting suggestions and guesses about the various affiliations are all welcome.

• morfangdakka, Zagursnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,050 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Nice to see you doing stuff again :thumbs

Guessing-

1) EvilSunz

2) Freeboota

3) DeffSkulz

4) Goff

5) Snakebites

6) BadMoon

7) BloodAxe

8) Madboy

A broken bottle in 3s' bionik hand would look pretty neat :?

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,955 posts

A broken bottle in 3s' bionik hand would look pretty neat :?

Very good suggestion. 3 needs work. He's my weakest build of the 10 so far. Your list is very close. A few "errors" although I'll go into that later. See if I get any other lists. It would be handy to know which ones particularly need more "clanniness". 1 obviously doesn't. But a few of the others might. I'll probably opt for back banners/bosspoles with Clan symbols. Just to finish the look.

Garslag

Garslag

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 749 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

I did this without looking at Badfang's list.  I'll be interested to see how often we were in agreement.

1. Evil Sun (will have difficulty if this game includes a second storey as I seem to recall the original did)

2.  Freebooter

3.  My first instinct was Death Skull, seeing as they have all the Painboyz and he's covered in bioniks.  But then I thought Bad Moonz, since that bionik eye would be just the ticket for aiming his upgunned kustom shoota.

4.  I had the most difficulty with this one.  Process of elimination yielded Death Skull.  Would love to see some trophies and keepsakes stuck to him.

5.  Snakebite

6.  Goff, wearing his spare helmet.  Presumably the Deth Skull or one of the grots pilfered the one with the big horns.

7.  Blood Axe

8. Madboy

9.  Grot

10.  Anuvva grot

"Parry the 6!"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Here's my read (ignoring what the others have written):

1 Evil Sunz (go fasta!)

2 Freeboota (arrr!)

3 Bad Moon (for the cybork bitz)

4 Deffskull (process of elimination)

5 Snakebite (for the hair squigs and bone jewelry)

6 Goff (best guess, he just looks tougher)

7 Blood Axe (sneaky git)

yada yada yada the rest are obvious.

I would say that paint job is going to be a big determinant. Deffskulls are often recognized by their equipment which you can't really have on model. Although you could give him a beakie should pad or something similarly trivial. And of course, bloo. And the one wearing checks is obviously going to be the smelliest.

Glancing back at the other two lists, there is a certain amount of agreement so I think you're pretty well good to go to the painting table.

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,050 posts

Yeah, I probs should have put down the reasons for my guesses so

1) Pretty much all agreed that this one's obviously gonna go fasta :lol

2) Could be a BadMoon but the pirate hat's a bit of a giveaway

3) Garslag and Mad Grot have both gone BadMoon, I went DeffSkull partly because of the bionix but mainly coz the big skull belt buckle would work well for the half-bloo/half-white paint job that geedub use in DS iconography

4) This was my 'process of elimination' guess - he's quite obviously not happy, it's a very 'I'll 'av yer' stance which could work for madboy :? but IMO works better for Goff

5) Snakebites coz savage orc :biggrin

6) BadMoon (my other process of elimination guess) but the way his left hand is grasping it looks like he might be trying to nick something, but then again he might have seen where the toof landed :search

7) BloodAxe coz only a sneaky git would bring a knife to a fist-fight ;)

8) You'd have to be MMMMAD to dress like dat :scowl

I don't think back banners would actually help that much or be necessary - the paint should pretty much show their klanz anyway :thumbs

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,955 posts

I'll end the suspense.

1) Evil Sunz (no one was in any doubt, really) Zagsnik Wazgor 

2) Freebootas (yeah, pirate hat, also a hook hand/harpoon thing) Kaptin Squigeye

3) Bad Moons (first difficult one. I gave him a deluxe kickin' leg and bionic eye, and then arm to represent snazziness. Perhaps he needs a little work) Snaztoof Da Snazzy

4) Goffs (a bit bland, but that's Goffs. Just tried to make him look as angry and fighty as possible) Gobbog Da Tuf

5) Snakebites (pretty obvious really, if a bit more feral than I'd like) Grubwort Zoglug

6) Deffskullz (not much to go on here, but the hand indeed is supposed to be clasping for something to steal) Skumbag Two 'ands

7) Blood Axes (not difficult to guess, given that I used a Kommando) Major Gitbag

8) Madboy (that Ironjaw Shaman is really useful for us Ork players) Uzwurr Da Mad

9) Gretchin (probably going to be the gamer's favourite) Legit Da Grot

10) Snotling (not another grot, but the photo doesn't show scale too well) Bogoff Da Snotling

I wont need to do much more, it'll be bleedin' obvious when there's paint on them, but I'll throw on a few touches. Because I like overkill.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,050 posts

3) Bad Moons (first difficult one. I gave him a deluxe kickin' leg and bionic eye, and then arm to represent snazziness. Perhaps he needs a little work) Snaztoof Da Snazzy

I wont need to do much more, it'll be bleedin' obvious when there's paint on them, but I'll throw on a few touches. Because I like overkill.

Had another look at 3 and noticed the toofy necklace which makes a bit more BadMoony sense but that skull buckle doesn't really fit - don't know how adventurous you're feeling but

BadMoon_zpsydkcmwem.jpg

chopping as much of the skull off and sticking a plasticard crescent (or sculpted one) over the mess might help :?

(couldn't resist seeing how a bottle in his hand would look either :biggrin )

About all I can think of for 6 would be some sort of lootin' bag with suspicious looking bulges in it and maybe a few teef on a necklace dangling out of the top of it

• Garslag likes this

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Hmmm, silence from the Dimster for such a long time. ;)

Two questions:

did da oila grot show up? (I don't trust the post any more)

did ya paint any of these yet? (noticed they're in your January paint threat, which needs to be updated... just admit it, you failed like I did)

Just a cheerful visit from da Mad Grot

Ta

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,955 posts

I mentioned I'd got it somewhere... can't remember, but yeah, I got it. ;)

I ended up being really busier than I expected, but the other 3 bits are done, and I'm hoping to start painting next week, when I'm not quite so busy.

But yeah I mucked up, whilst Aga did a whole train set.

• Mad Grot Docsnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brewhouse Bash, Clanz, Nobz, Snotling, Gretchin, Board Games, Mini Games