Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

brettfp's Kult of Speed - Waaagh Sparktoof (Update Feb 21)

* * * * * 1 votes Kult of Speed Speed Freaks Conversion

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

brettfp

brettfp

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts
  • Army Name:Kult of Speed

Oh I get it now, well, I love both! :)

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts

0HlMLTX.jpg

"Da Wazbanga"

Few things can distract Warboss Sparktoof from his endless hunt. One thing that always does is “Da Great Gorkanaut Race of Zagnarok”. More of a deadly assault course than a race, it's designed to push pilots to their limits. It was at this event that Sparktoof first met the Gorkanaut pilot Wazbanga,. Five time Zagnarok Champion, Wazbanga was a fan favourite with his egotistically named Gorkanaut “Da Wazbanga”. To the dismay of many though, after meeting Sparktoof and hearing of his Waaagh, Wazbanga instantly retired from racing to join Sparktoff on his quest for “Da Big One”.

Charging into battle flying the checkered flag from his final race, Wazbanga is a fierce pilot and deeply protective of his vehicle. Every dint and scratch made by the enemy is seen as a personal attack on him. The last time “Da Wazbanga” was rendered immobile, Wazbanga could be seen charging an entrenched Imperial gunline with his Big Choppa screaming “You're gonna pay for that you miserable little gits!”

+++++++

wKHIrGm.jpg

So yeah, I finally finished my Gorkanaut. Really stoked about how it came out in the end. With the big exhausts, red paint job, flames and racing stripes I think it would go like the clappers and perfect for my Speed Freak army :)

I had a lot of fun adding all the little details!

When I was about 90% done I decided I needed a change of pace and went back to building, So I started on a Trukk

cEopcPP.jpg

I'm going for a jalopie tow truck feel...with the bullbar from Immortan Joe's ride in Fury Road

Then I realised I don't have anyone to put in it. (My burnas will go in the battlewagon) So I made a start on some boyz

YU1A2dO.jpg

I've been hesistant on making boys as they don't really suit the theme of my army, but I have enough bits now that I can try my hand at some more 'wastelaner-y' boyz. I think they're coming along ok. 

My wife said the Nob looks like Bane so I figured I'd lean into it and gave his mask straps to make him even more like Bane

I also made another Big Mek

AjhVgcV.jpg

As awlays, C&C much appreciated!! :)

• Orkimedez likes this

kreell

kreell

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts

Woaw, already finished your Gorkanaut! I'm impress with your fast painting skill

The flags are great and add a cool touch

love the trukk, the bumper is really nice

Haha, same as your wife  for the nob, nicely done!

• brettfp likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts

Quick update

I made another 5 boyz

aiMlOBn.jpg

I had fun making kustom sluggas for them.

and finished the trukk "Da Scrap Grabba"

t94gqSC.jpg

thoughts?

Woaw, already finished your Gorkanaut! I'm impress with your fast painting skill

The flags are great and add a cool touch

love the trukk, the bumper is really nice

Haha, same as your wife  for the nob, nicely done!

Thanks, I'm not working at the moment so I pretty much just paint and build models all day :)

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Nice job on Da Skrap Grabba, really looks the part :thumbs

• brettfp likes this

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 608 posts
  • Army Name:da Maniakz
Love the truck. Do u you have any shots of the build between the last update and this one? Is live to see more detail of the plastic card work around the cab.
  • brettfp likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts

ckCSvAq.jpg

Beg Mek Skrapgut & Mud

Skrapgut and Sparktoof had been good friends since they were young, but over time they became separated. Years later their path crossed when Skrapgut was working for Warboss Gordakka, who even by Ork standards was a cruel ruler. All Skrapgut wanted to do was invent new custom vehicles, but was being kept like a slave, relegated to fixing weapons. Sparktoof could see the potential in his old friend and knew his talents were being wasted. He challenged Gordakka for Skrapgut's freedom, saying he could beat any of Gordakkas riders in a race. Gordakka accepted.

Sparktoof easily won the race and Gordakka reluctantly allowed Skrapgut to go with him. As they left Sparktoof turned to Skrapgut

“Wot 'ave you always wanted ta build?”

“Well” said Skrapgut, scratching his chin. “I's 'ad dis idea of a Mek Shop...but on wheels”

“Ha!” Sparktoof smiled “You betta get started den”

+++++

So yeah finally finished my Big Mek

U9OewQJ.jpg

I decided to give him hi-vis overalls, thought it would be funny :)

I'm really happy with the oil stains on his hands and just how colourful he is

I also gave him a grot oiler i'm calling "Mud"

Yr5BucT.jpg

Thoughts?

Nice job on Da Skrap Grabba, really looks the part :thumbs

Thanks, I like to think it suits

Love the truck. Do u you have any shots of the build between the last update and this one? Is live to see more detail of the plastic card work around the cab.

Thanks, none between but I took some better photos of the cab

Z78SqLb.jpg

Not much to it really, just built up the front, painted the inside black, put a roof on started adding rivets :)

• Boss Ardnutz and Orkimedez like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Brilliant idea on the oila grot - been wondering what to with all the identy ammo runts I've got lying around - expect to see that looted soon :thumbs

The oil stains on your meks' hands look good but they don't half make the gubbins on his back look clean and shiney :sowhat

• brettfp likes this

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 608 posts
  • Army Name:da Maniakz
Thanks, brettfp. As always amazing conversions and beautifully executed paint jobs!
  • brettfp likes this

kreell

kreell

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts

Well done!

The trukk smell of oil and grease

I really like your bigmek, and the paintjob does him justice!

as the others, I'll loot your grot idea :D

• brettfp likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 673 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Like the hi vis. Somebody find him a dump truck to work on, he'll fit right in.

Racing stripes are mint.
"Parry the 6!"

brettfp

brettfp

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts

Finished painting 'Skrap Grabba'

7dps5bG.jpg

I'm liking this, I used it for the first time last week, did it's job, got my burnas in to range before being blown up! :)

Also started on 2 more stormboyz

FSv8Qeq.jpg

Guy with meat cleaver and Dr. Strangelove :)

Just need to think of 3 more fun conversions...

Thoughts?

Brilliant idea on the oila grot - been wondering what to with all the identy ammo runts I've got lying around - expect to see that looted soon :thumbs

The oil stains on your meks' hands look good but they don't half make the gubbins on his back look clean and shiney :sowhat

Thanks, feel free to loot it!

Yeah, I know what you mean, they look and bit more grubby in real life, but I think that his hands are just permanently stained

Thanks, brettfp. As always amazing conversions and beautifully executed paint jobs!

Thanks to you too!

Well done!

The trukk smell of oil and grease

I really like your bigmek, and the paintjob does him justice!

as the others, I'll loot your grot idea :D

Thanks! :) I used him for the second time last week. He did the business :)

Like the hi vis. Somebody find him a dump truck to work on, he'll fit right in.

Racing stripes are mint.

Thanks, I'm currently painting his personal vehicle!

• Orkimedez and kreell like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 277 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

I like "da Skrap Grabba," especially the bull bar.  :love  I was intrigued by your reference to Mad Max, and I had to check out Fury Road. I had a "block" with one of my projects, it is now resolved. Many thanks brettfp, and well done!  :thumbs

• brettfp likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts

Made 2 more Stormboyz

WJ2C4Kf.jpg

I've realise that my favourite thing with converting orks has been making kustom sluggas. here's a close up of my favourite one so far

BfBfzKq.jpg

Really happy with the sleak line of it, not sure it's orky but I like it.

I also made 2 more Boyz, again with kustom sluggas

T83D55L.jpg

I mostly made these 2 because my local GW's 40k league recently went from using power points to using normal points so these 2 will let me use a trukk of Boyz at full capacity :)

And also started on my next set of 3 Biker Nobs from each Klan, here's the Goff Nob

aO0J7ud.jpg

Thoughts?

I like "da Skrap Grabba," especially the bull bar.  :love  I was intrigued by your reference to Mad Max, and I had to check out Fury Road. I had a "block" with one of my projects, it is now resolved. Many thanks brettfp, and well done!  :thumbs

Thanks :) You're welcome, glad I could help. I'd love to see the resolution to your 'block', whatever it is :)

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Nice work on the stormboyz' slugga - wouldn't worry about it not looking orky enough with a bloomin' great knuckle guard like that on it although it might be worth cutting a mag off a shoota and sticking it under the rectangular bit in front of the knuckle guard :?

Trukkboyz are looking the part too, those biker heads are a useful addition to any bitsbox for varying things up a bit and the skull in the bike kit is just screaming Goff (might work for DeffSkullz or SnakeBites 'though SnakeBites would probs go squigs or looted bugs instead of bikes).

Good stuff  :thumbs

• Garslag and brettfp like this

kreell

kreell

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts

your 'Skrap Grabba' is even more cooler with the painting!

yeah don't worry for the shape of the slugga, is it noisy when it firing? :yes

I'm curious to see your clan bikers when finished

• brettfp likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 673 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

Really happy with the sleak line of it, not sure it's orky but I like it.

Well really. Orks didn't always make their pistols out of bricks! My favourite sluggas are out of the gorkamorka line, a mix of weird sci-fi-y stuff and something Wyatt Earp might've used. So i reckon you're okay.
  • Badfang Brassaxe and brettfp like this
"Parry the 6!"

brettfp

brettfp

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts

Finished the mobile mek shop

d7CzCWl.jpg

Put a lot of work into this, lot of detail going on! really happy with the end result. A lot of stuff changed with my idea as i built it. 

The grot with the Hat is called 'Da Sargent', his job is to man the rear big shoota and make sure the line for the mek shop doesn't get to unruly. He's the only grot the orks respect/listen to because they know if they don't they'll have to answer to Big Mek Skrapgut :)

Thoughts?

Nice work on the stormboyz' slugga - wouldn't worry about it not looking orky enough with a bloomin' great knuckle guard like that on it although it might be worth cutting a mag off a shoota and sticking it under the rectangular bit in front of the knuckle guard :?

Trukkboyz are looking the part too, those biker heads are a useful addition to any bitsbox for varying things up a bit and the skull in the bike kit is just screaming Goff (might work for DeffSkullz or SnakeBites 'though SnakeBites would probs go squigs or looted bugs instead of bikes).

Good stuff  :thumbs

Thanks! There's actually biker, stormboy and burna bits in there too. 

If you go back a few pages you'll see my snakebite biker on a cyboar!! :)

your 'Skrap Grabba' is even more cooler with the painting!

yeah don't worry for the shape of the slugga, is it noisy when it firing? :yes

I'm curious to see your clan bikers when finished

Thanks! 

Well of course it's noisy!! :)

Well really. Orks didn't always make their pistols out of bricks! My favourite sluggas are out of the gorkamorka line, a mix of weird sci-fi-y stuff and something Wyatt Earp might've used. So i reckon you're okay.

Thanks! Brick is a perfect description, as is Wyatt Earp because I was aiming for more of a 6 shooter look :)

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Nice job on the mekshop, really liking the the lettering on the front of the waggon - against the yellow background the red and black letters stand out very well :thumbs

If you go back a few pages you'll see my snakebite biker on a cyboar!! :)

Pretty sure I commented on it at the time ;) What I was trying to say was that whilst Snakebites probs would put a skull on the front of a warbike if they used them, most Snakebite 'warbikers' I've seen recently have either been on boars/cyboars or looted raptors (? - little bug things anyway - and look a lot more 'Snakebitey' for it).

• brettfp likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kult of Speed, Speed Freaks, Conversion