Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Send the Waaagh to GW! - 28th of March

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

So GW won't start a Waagh they say? Not enough reinforcements they say? Well Skumdreg is always looking for a fight and is more than happy to send aid! 

Story: GW is not playing Orks at Adepticon because - and I quote - "It's genuinely is because the studio Ork army is not 4,000 points! No conspiracy theory here - that's the truth! We do love Orks too... trust us!" (this was a response to a fellow Ork player asking why we were excluded from voting which army Game Workshop would bring to Adepticon. Well then... I don't know about this brothers... but I feel a disturbance in the Warp... I see a green light far away on the other side of the galaxy... I hear the sounds of a WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! 

Plan: It's obvious GW would never, under any circumstances, lie to their customers so.... I think it's time we send them reinforcements! Although we're unlikely going to gather enough of a Green Tide for Adepticon we must prepare GW for any future events! Therefore, I suggest we send a Waaagh to GW! 

Sending a Waaagh to GW will consist of every Ork player we can find sending at least 1 Ork Boy model to this address: 

Games Workshop Ltd.

Willow Rd.

Lenton

Nottingham

NG7 2WS

2nd Class (from UK or cheapest postage from where ever you are) on the 28th of March 2018. On the package or letter you must scrawl (as noticeable and as Large as you can) WAAAAAAGH AID ENCLOSED!

Inside you may write what ever letter you like but I would suggest something related to them not having 4k points worth of Orks. I personally will be saying something like: Your team at Adepticon said that they couldn't bring Orks because the Studio didn't have 4k points of them, so I thought you might need some help.  Here is something to get you started.

Please be aware! I very much doubt GW will take notice (this is more for our own enjoyment and sanity) so don't send you good models because you're unlikely to ever get them back! I would suggest sending 1 unpainted or painted Ork Boy. 

What we Hope to accomplish: 

Not much... we're Ork players so we're just as "imaginative" as the Orks are! It's really a bit of fun. However, if anything we hope to get some response out of GW or at least demonstrate how much we all feel a little underrepresented by GW (despite being one of the original founding factions). In addition, perhaps it might even prove how dedicated the Ork player base still is to seeing the representation of Orks! 

So spread the word to every Ork player you know! Even copy and paste this if you need too and post it on other forums! LET'S SEND THE WAAAAAAGH! 

(please note before this goes live and we do Copy and Past it can we just have a day or so with suggestions and edits below and then I'll say when we can really go live)

Ork Translation: 

So GW won't start a Waagh they say? Nub enough reinforcements they say? Well Skumdreg iz always lookin' fer a scrap an iz mor'un 'appy ter send aid! 

Stoary: GW iz nub playin' Orks at Adepticon koz - an meeb qwote - "S'genuinelee iz koz da studio Ork horde iz nub 4,000 points! No conspiracy theoary 'ere - datz da trud! Weeb du love Orks too... trust us!" (dis wuzza response ter a fellow Ork playa askin' why weeb woz excludeded from votin' which horde Game Workshop wuud brin' ter Adepticon. Well den...  Meeb donz knowz ubbout dis brudurz... but meeb feel a disturbanz in da Warp...  Meeb see a greun lite far ways away on da uvver side o' da galaxy...  Meeb 'eer da sownz o' a WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! 

Plan: LISSEN YAH GITZ AN PUT DAT CHOPPA DOWN!  S'obvious GW wuud neva, unda ony circumstancz, lie ter their customaz so....  Meeb tink s'time weeb send dim reinforcements! Aldough weez unlikelee goin' ter gavva enough o' a Greun Tide fer Adepticon weeb must per-pare GW fer ony futur events! Therefore, meeb suggest weeb send a Waaagh ter GW! 

Sendin' a Waaagh ter GW will consist o' ebry Ork playa weeb kan find sendin' at least 1 Ork Boy model ter dis addrez: 

Gamz Workshop Ltd.

Willow Rd.

Lenton

Noddingham

NG7 2WS

2nd Class (from UK or cheapest postaj from werr ebur yer) on da 28th o' March 2018. On da packaj or mark ya must scrawl (as noticeabul an as Large as ya kan) WAAAAAAGH AID ENCLOSEDED!

Inside ya may write wot ebur mark ya loike but meeb wuud suggest sumthing relateded ter dim nub 'aving 4k points word o' Orks.  Meeb purson-alee will be sayin' sumthing loike: meeb 'eer yooz low on Ork reinforcements fer a reeel WAAAAAGH. Ya donz eben ab 4k points word o' Orks... blah blah.... 

...snivuls... Pleez be aware!  Meeb very much doubt GW will take notice (dis iz more fer our own enjoymunt an sanity) so donz send ya gud models koz yooz unlikelee ter ebur git dim back!  Meeb wuud suggest sendin' 1 unpainteded or painteded Ork Boy. 

Wot weeb 'Ope ter accomplish: 

Nub much... weez Ork playaz so weez jus' as "imaginativ" as da Orks are! S'realey a bit o' fun. Owevver, if eenytin weeb 'ope ter git sum response outa GW or at least demonstrate ow much weeb awl feel a lil' underrepresenteded by GW (despite bein' wona da originul foundin' facshunz). In addishun, perhaps it might eben prove ow dedicateded da Ork playa base still iz ter seein' da representashun o' Orks! 

So spread da wurd ter ebry Ork playa y'knowz! Eben copy an paste dis if ya need too an post it on uvver forums! LET'Z SEND DA WAAAAAAGH! 

• Big Mek GobSmasha and Giganotosaurus like this

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,509 posts

I might attach something more simplistic and full of irony along the lines of "Your team at Adepticon said that they couldn't bring Orks because the Studio didn't have 4k points of them, so I thought you might need some help.  Here is something to get you started."

• warhead01, Blakkreaper and Garslag like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

I might attach something more simplistic and full of irony along the lines of "Your team at Adepticon said that they couldn't bring Orks because the Studio didn't have 4k points of them, so I thought you might need some help.  Here is something to get you started."

I like that! I think most people should write this. XD

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,267 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Adepticon is running from 21st-25th March at

Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center
1551 N. Thoreau Dr.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
USA
1-847-303-4100

(Don't know if that number at the end is part of the address or a phone number - perhaps an American can help?)

It might have more impact if the models were sent to them 'FAO Games Workshop' at that address instead (FAO - For (the) Attention Of  in case the term's unfamiliar) and, since this is effectively a 'urine extraction' (or piss-take if you'll excuse my French), it would be more effective if the models were painted up to the best you can manage in the time available - they don't have to be Golden Demon contenders, just look ok on a tabletop. This would make it seem even more ridiculous that GW have been selling Orks for over 30 years and still need charity donations from customers to put a 4k list of them together.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

I don't think we need to be harassing a place that doesn't have anything to do with GW. Sending them directly to GW would make more sense and mean we're not hurting anyone. 

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

The number at the end is indeed a phone number Badfang. If shipped to the convention site, GW might never receive them. The "donations" could to easily/conveniently wind up in file 13 (the trash). Ship 'em to Nottingham! 

• Badfang Brassaxe and Garr like this

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 191 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

Once again, we Yanks are being asked to send our boyz overseas to bail out the British.  :biggrin

• warhead01, Garslag, Big Mek GobSmasha and 1 other like this

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 327 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmasha's Deffskullz

Oh now I like this. I'll certainly be contributing, and will spread the word too when we get the green light to.

Dim, (I know you're lurking in that suspicious shadow Dim) if you don't bombard them with grots I shall be highly disappointed.

Nothing is safe from the spannrz n' bloo paint of da Kings of Loot!

"They can cut but they can't paste"

Check out my WIP Log

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,089 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Oh now I like this. I'll certainly be contributing, and will spread the word too when we get the green light to.

Dim, (I know you're lurking in that suspicious shadow Dim) if you don't bombard them with grots I shall be highly disappointed.

How did you guess that I was thinking of sending them a box of Grots? Am I THAT predictable?

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 327 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmasha's Deffskullz

It's just a perfectly Dim thing to do. Not so much predictable as par for the course.

Nothing is safe from the spannrz n' bloo paint of da Kings of Loot!

"They can cut but they can't paste"

Check out my WIP Log

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

As I say, it's very unlikely to actually get a response but I think this would be goof for our own mental health. XD

Anyway, i say we can green light this! Go! Spread the word of Gork and Mork! Just don't be abusive. I won't be responsible for this and it doesn't send a good message.

I think some body is posting it on Dakka Dakka... get ready for the Gitz storm of anger from none Ork players. 

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
Okay! Post is up on dakka dakka! Please go and post on it to rase awareness!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

Also!!!! I don't think I have to say this here but don;t send anything negative, harassing or dangerous. I don't want anyone to get hurt. 

r_squared

r_squared

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 347 posts
I'm in for this. I have one or two models spare.

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,509 posts

I will buy some buster ass ork at Adepticon and send it to them.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

I will buy some buster ass ork at Adepticon and send it to them.

You can walk right up to them apparently. Tell them we're coming. :P I have an unpainted Black Reach Nob I have ready to send. It's flat so should go in an envelope pretty well. It was already glued some times ago but the arms and head just snapped off when i gave them a bit of a pull so perfect for them to put together and paint!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

We're trending on the 40k Subreddit guys!!! Good work! Someone can post to 4chan /tg/ if they want but I have no idea how 4chan work. I would suggest copy and pasting this the reddit version as it has all the warnings and stuff on it.

https://www.reddit.c..._28th_of_march/

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 902 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I'm in. Waaaagh!

(If i post it tomorrow it will probably get there by early April)
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,267 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

I'm in. Waaaagh!

(If i post it tomorrow it will probably get there by early April)

April 1st would probably be best :thumbs

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 902 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Generally i find it takes about 3 weeks for a package to reach me from the UK. I presume the reverse probably holds true, making April fools a bit of a stretch. Unless the postal workers are involved in the ork aid campaign themselves and decide to speed it through the system a bit. ..
"Parry the 6!"