Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AOS to 40k conversion question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kaptin Killaton

Kaptin Killaton

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
I haven't played or built anything in a really long time. I was just wondering if the basic scale of Agd of Sigmar orks is the same as 40k. I wanted to do a simple conversion by adding slugga arms to Savage Orruks for a Snakebite unit.

Also curious if ork arms fit Goblins at all. I want to run mobs of gretchin but would love to slap guns on AOS goblins and night goblins to add variety.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Hi and welcome to da Waaagh!, spotted these the other day that a chap on Deviant Art had knocked up

http://img10.deviantart.net/f4b4/i/2016/256/7/5/feralsnakebitenobs_by_stephenjd-dahhu9r.jpg

and

http://pre04.deviantart.net/07b5/th/pre/i/2016/219/3/0/feralsnakebitewarboss_painted_by_stephenjd-dad03ys.jpg   

suggesting that they ork up quite nicely, also worth noting that his warboss is the maw-krusha rider which makes me wonder if the beastie wouldn't make a decent base for a SnakeBite GorkaMorkanaut  :D

Sadly (unless you can find some really small orks) grots are way too weedy to look anything like right with ork arms on them. On the other hand - throwing spears and bows and arrers do make reasonable stand ins for SnakeBite grot blastaz 

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

Yeah savage orruks are same scale as 40k orks, no worries there.

As Badfang said, ork arms are too big for grots, even more so for the current night goblins that are smaller than goblins (since Battle for Skull Pass, before they were same size).

Human-sized arms work well with goblins, I did some ammo runts a while back for Kaptin Badrukk, the arms are Empire (most likely, they was looted), bodies, legs and heads are from grots. The human fists are smaller than grots', so I swapped both arms for symmetry. Chaos marauder or Catchacan jungle fighter or maybe even beakie scout arms might work as well. You might also concider keeping the gobling arms and doing weapon swaps for some human scale guns, most independent makers have some interesting choises, like AK47:s or tommy guns. The guard lasguns would work sizevice, too.

a6XD5XK.jpg

Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 632 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Those empire and work great. I love the blunderbuss!
"Parry the 6!"

Kaptin Killaton

Kaptin Killaton

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
Thanks everyone. I wanted to start with something simple, like take a box of savage Orruks and swap one arm for a slugga arm from the 40k kit, and leave them with the crude stone weapons. Maybe paint some lucky war paint on them.

Do you think bows and Spears are acceptable as grot blasters? I hadn't thought of that. Also I was considering mounting guns on night gobbo squigs and mixing them in, not sure how yet but they seem about grot size and I think it would be funny.

Arueda333

Arueda333

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 20 posts
It is actually really easy to convert Savage Orruks into Savage Ork Boyz. I just switched out the non-spear hand with a Slugga. Then left the Spear or a knife. Seeing how we could count it as a choppa. Actually looks good and seems to fit. I am currently converting an Orruk Megaboss into my Goff Warboss in Mega Armour.