Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warpaint, a very slow log on Savage Orcs & Spiders

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Enkiel

Enkiel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
About 2 weeks ago, i purchased my first Savage orc, and finally finished him last night. He's part of my 3rd Fantasy army, an army built around Savage orc and Spiders (and most likely some Night Goblin too).

It's an army i'm planning on painting very slowly, very carefully, and hope to achieve the highest standard i can achieve with every model in the unit, no matter the point cost or the uselessness.

So here is Wurrzag

Posted Image
Posted Image

You'll notice he lacks any kind of warpaint, that's because i cannot decide on a color, or on a type. And i dont really want to screw up the paint i put on him to make some tests, so i purchased last night a box of Savage orcs, and i'm planning on making a few different attempt on him before going army wild on warpaint.

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
good work. the cloak staff and flint knife are excellent though the back of the feathers needs a bit more work to finish it off.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

DEFF the smasher uv worlds

DEFF the smasher uv worlds

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts
  • Army Name:Deffs Doombringas
the gw wurrzag sports blue warpaint as do the gw savage orcs so you could go with that if bright red and creamy white are a good mix
give ork a bolter and he'l blow your head off. give a ork a shoota and he'l say thankyou... and then blow your head off

Enkiel

Enkiel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
Didn't decide on the warpaint yet, but i've painted another Orc. Not too happy about how his skin came out ; he ended up much darker than i wanted, and for some reason the paint ended up really glossy too. But i like how the rest came out, and i think that a complete unit painted to that standard should look really good on the table...

I'll call him... Arhugg.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Next to wurrzag.
Posted Image

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
Looking good but i would have the teef less white. I tend to use rotting flesh for a good off white yellowy colour for teef/claws etc. May be worth considering.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

Enkiel

Enkiel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
Buzzrog's skin almost completed. Much closer to what i want to achieve as skintone. Still some details left to do (and obviously the warpaint)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Enkiel

Enkiel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
did some more work on the head tonight... quite happy with the result, with just a few detail i wanna touch um (like the gums)

Posted Image

Enkiel

Enkiel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
Buzzrog got some more work done on him. I'm facing a decision now... how to paint his belt? look like metal plate, but i dont really want to have any metal on my army... maybe paint it woody like?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And my "horde" is getting bigger.... 28 1/2 left to paint....

Posted Image

Worboss Skrewakka

Worboss Skrewakka

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 208 posts
  • Army Name:orks
looks GREAT dude, love the idea that savage orks are all dark, great outcome :) cant wait to see the unit
My record wif da boyz

W/L/T
5/0/2

uummm....waagh?

Enkiel

Enkiel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
Arrhug now has warpaint!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enkiel

Enkiel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
Here's my fourth orc ; Calzag, the Big Stabba Carrier. nothing really special, except that he'll get a much different base than the others once i get to it, since he's supposed to be on a 50x25 base.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enkiel

Enkiel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
Calzag is nearly finished

Posted Image

Posted Image

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,608 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
I love what you're doing with this. I love the dotted pattern style of warpaint as well. Excellent work. Also nice to see a variant with using white primer as a base for some variety! Cheers :cheers
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

Enkiel

Enkiel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
The last one was particulary annoying because the weapon he was holding gave me all kind of problem to paint, and i ended up just trying something and leaving it as is...

But the good news is that i did finish Calzag, and have Druzzt built and primed. My goal is to at least paint him up this month.

Posted Image

Sycak

Sycak

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 1 posts
Wow these look amazing, keep up the great work. I will be watching this for updates!

Enkiel

Enkiel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
Druzzt is nearly finished. A few details left, stone and warpaint, and he's done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and another group shot

Posted Image

balsak_da_mighty

balsak_da_mighty

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 465 posts
  • Army Name:?
Thats just insane..Insane! I love it..looks really good..so how big is this unit going to be? Are you sure you can keep this up? I ho9pe so cause, DAMN!

NCODB

NCODB

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 972 posts
I rarely look at fantasy stuff, but WOW, that looks amazing! I was not expecting to see dotted warpaint! Very similar to Australian Aboriginal artworks. Kudos! I love it! Keep up the fantastic work! :thumbs
Set all weapons to "War Crimes".

Current Main Project:
Adeptus Mechanicus army commission.

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz
Yeah I caught this on warseer.. I'm glad you posted it up on here. I really like the warpaint idea and it inspired me to do it that way as well. I was never a big fan of traditional warpaint GW style and every time that I did paint it that way, it just looked horrible. So I'm definitely going to go with the more natural look like you did. Looking forward to seeing more progress.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
These guys are great! Fantastic job you're doing on them - if slowly ;) Not that I can accuse anyone of slow progress on an army...