Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Savage Orc Boar Chariot

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz
Ok so here's my first savage orc boar chariot converted up. It's adequate, not great, but will do for adepticon. I learned alot on doing this one and where I can make some good improvements on the next one.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0355.JPG
  • DSC_0356.JPG

Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
Looks good apart from the wheels i think they let it down IMHO.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
Well I really wanted it to have stone wheel. the paint job may help it out a bit more, but in general principles I agree. The wheels didn't turn out exactly how I would have liked, but I am under a deadline so that didn't help. I did learn a bit from working on this one though, so the next one should be a whole lot better I think.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
Sorry Kaptun Was thinking wood, if they were stone that might work ok, look forward to seeing it painted . As someone who has driven chariots i am not so sure about the concept of stone wheels however, weight and possibility of shattering but whoever said Orks were logikal! Who in their right mind would strap a rokkit to themselves ?Or Red goes faster!(though it does!!!!) :biggrin So who is to say that stone wheels cant work. Perhaps in some far flung universe there is a nice lightweight pliable stone to hand easily mined and resilient to shock and of course with cool froody colour options !

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
Well I would have preferred wooden wheels, but I just couldn't find any wooden wheels that were solid wood. They all had metal plates surrounding the outside of them which to me didn't fit the theme. Si I figured stone and yeah it would probably be hard as hell to pull but oh well. Thats why boars get +2 STR on the charge. lol
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
Once started they would be hard to stop. I had the same problem looking for wheels for my Doom Engine but ended up finding some ideal ones in a toy store going cheap and with a lootable rocklobba as a bonus... they came of a Narnia catapult toy..all wood and loads of lootability after i cut the toy in half and dismantled it.. I was in the process of making wheels up using lolly sticks as planking before that.

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
Got any picsyou could show of those wheels maybe compared to the normal chariot wheels?
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
Not sure how to hyperlink posts from the Waaagh onto here for a link but if you look in the fantasy section under recent posts under Rock Lobba and Doom engine i think there are a rake of pics in there, though its not finished being painted yet. Let me see if there is one that shows the wheels well on the Doom Engine.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo_0013.jpg

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
those wheels might be a bit wide for your chariot , but the other option is to make the wheels up with some lolly sticks. cut round peice of plastic card (or a button or milk top to create the right centre shape ), cut out lolly sticks (you can buy them in backs for like 1 for say 50 sticks so lots of wheels or otherbits (and enviromentally friendly too!) stick on and cut to shape to make the wheel. cross supprt with two or more smaller bils for support,/ Either drill a central hole for axle or add a scythe blade to the centre to represent the end of the axle coming out. Basic wooden wheel axles tended to work on asimilar principle as a split pin and washer though bigger, and the axle and pin could all be steel or even wood so should be no problem there.

DEFF the smasher uv worlds

DEFF the smasher uv worlds

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts
  • Army Name:Deffs Doombringas
ooh it just screams waaagh cnt wait to see it painted keep up the good work.
give ork a bolter and he'l blow your head off. give a ork a shoota and he'l say thankyou... and then blow your head off

Deathskull Ned

Deathskull Ned

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 243 posts
  • Army Name:Da Proud Tooths
Nice so far, and I like the idea behind the stone wheels. I like chariots to have a little more dakka on them, but then this a savage ork chariot. Post painted pics soon.
My Orkz
My grotz coming soon...
My fluff