Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

VC Bashing Orcs ... Converting Wolf Riders

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

hamsterman

hamsterman

Paint Squig

• Grotz
  • 99 posts
  • Army Name:The Venom Muncha's
Have you got a tutorial on how to do that fur and chainmail, i've just started using greenstuff and would really like it to be maybe half as good as your astounding conversions. Also, what sculpting tools do you use, I only have the GW one. Thanks a bunch. :biggrin
"Live off the land. Go to find war. Kill wot comes close. The old ways are best." -Grodd, Snakebite Runtherd
Visit My Snakebite Log

PsychosisPC

PsychosisPC

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 95 posts
  • Army Name:Cerulean Templars, Hell Divers, No orks yet
As to the mail, the picture below shows the various tools I use, #4 the ball stylus is what I use for the mail:
Posted Image

The mail is done in a series of rows, pushing all the same direction, get to the end push the other way. So you start with a indented circle, then you push the edge of the next circle into the other.
ie.
The start will be a simple: o

ie.
Then you will do this:
0)))))))))))))))))) --->;(direction of the push)
((((((((((((((((((0<----

When you get to the end which is typically the edge of your backing piece, push in the outside edge of the '0'.

As to fur, my tool number 6's other end looks like a metal tooth pick, that is what I primarily use. I'll refer you to my buddy Matt's tutorial.

http://blog.brushthr...m/?page_id=1696

As to tools, my metal sculpting tools are predominantly some cheap stainless steel ones I bought of off ebay, a good price is a set of six for about the price of one GW tool. 2,3,5,8, and 9 are Colour Shapers by Royal Sovereign, I use them primarily for smoothing things.

I have done a tutorial on my blog for how I do armor plating. And show the use of the color shapers.
http://psychosispc-t.../label/tutorial

hamsterman

hamsterman

Paint Squig

• Grotz
  • 99 posts
  • Army Name:The Venom Muncha's
Thanks a lot for the help, some nice links as well
"Live off the land. Go to find war. Kill wot comes close. The old ways are best." -Grodd, Snakebite Runtherd
Visit My Snakebite Log

PsychosisPC

PsychosisPC

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 95 posts
  • Army Name:Cerulean Templars, Hell Divers, No orks yet
Thanks man.