Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pimped Orc Boar Chariot

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 643 posts
  • Army Name:Blazin' Skullz/WAAAGH! Grizlag
My big order from GW with numerous greenskins just arrived and eager as I am I sat down and started assembling some models, and started with one of my favourite units, the Orc Boar Chariot. Love the kit, love it's usages... and I started to compare the boars along with the new boars from the boar boyz box, and decided to use these monsters to pull my new chariot!

And this is what it ended up like.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
QUOTE (Shinobi_8745 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Secondly, it's Snikrot, he can sneak with squeeky penguin slippers if he want to.

QUOTE (DeathCat147 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn right he is, he's so damn sneaky he can get across a minfield covered in bubble wrap while wearing his squeeky penguin slippers and neon green poncho, and still nobody will notice him

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 294 posts
  • Army Name:-
I like the build so far! It looks like you've used the new boar riders bodies/heads for the build, was that fairly simple? Not much I can suggest as it's looking quite nice right now.

GorFrag

GorFrag

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,059 posts
  • Army Name:135th BoneEaters
Wondered how long it would be before some one did this. nice work! Good Green stuff fur.
Set all weapons to "WAR CRIMES".

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 643 posts
Getting the boars "stuck" onto the chariot was a bit of a challange since alot of cutting and glueing was needed for it, but overall I found it fairly simple. :thumbs
Secondly, it's Snikrot, he can sneak with squeeky penguin slippers if he want to.

Damn right he is, he's so damn sneaky he can get across a minfield covered in bubble wrap while wearing his squeeky penguin slippers and neon green poncho, and still nobody will notice him

lordmetroid

lordmetroid

Stormboy

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,309 posts
  • Army Name:Pink Skinz tribe, Bad moonz klan
Looks like a great chariot, sometimes I wish I would field chariots like these but I'll have to stick with the pumpwagons. Can't wait to see yours painted.

Guest_Teek_*

Guest_Teek_*
  • Guests
What a vast improvement. It's impressive what a difference just updating the boars can make. Good stuff. Question for you: I really like the new kit, but haven't purchased any for myself just yet. With the boars only contacting the base on a single leg, have you found them to be flimsy or fragile?

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 643 posts
I don't really find them flimzy or fragile, but if you're worried I'd suggest just drilling a long hole into the leg and pin it to make the leg sturdier.

warboss zagger

warboss zagger

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 137 posts
  • Army Name:orks
I like it I like it alot, the added fur gives the boarz the appearence of running carnt wait to this more of your army!!!
"herr herr herr dat waz a great find lugstro now itz al mine!"

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz
Hey this is such a good idea! In fact, it was exactly what I was doing with my boar chariots as well! With 8th ed dropping the auto kill with STR 7 hits now, I figured it was time to bring in chariots. And since I can get a nice three of them into the army now, even more reason.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

PsychosisPC

PsychosisPC

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 95 posts
  • Army Name:Cerulean Templars, Hell Divers, No orks yet
I've got something similar sitting on my desk right now. loving the new boars. like how you hooked them up. Good stuff.

chillchill

chillchill

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the info.....
The tracking is not a member of ผลบอล gambling can play with ผลบอล is only a few games

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
cool model. would love to see GW work on the wolves as much as the new boars.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

DEFF the smasher uv worlds

DEFF the smasher uv worlds

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts
  • Army Name:Deffs Doombringas
i love the fact youve used the new boars than the rather cowardly looking old ones great work :thumbs
give ork a bolter and he'l blow your head off. give a ork a shoota and he'l say thankyou... and then blow your head off