Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Army blog

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

armored walker

armored walker

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
My son has been bugging me to make an FB orc army for some time now, to play against his Tomb Kings. A couple of years ago, when the latest O&G army book was published I got as far as buying a box of orcs and a box of Black orcs and assembling them, but other things got in the way and I never got to painting them. Now I've collected some more, even painted some, and realized that if I borrow some things from my kids ( like Skull Pass gobboes ) I could have an army of 1500 pts...

This guy I'll use as an Black orc big boss ( edit: a pic of him can now also be seen in AoW's new Arena Deathmatch rulebook, in gamer's and collector's gallery section ):
Posted Image

I have a boar chariot, 'cause it's cool
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Base can be removed for gaming
Posted Image

I will have just Night gobboes, I think, so I changed the spear chukka -chukkers to NG:s
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

armored walker

armored walker

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
Here's a pic of my two orc units assemled - it's a reference photo so I'll know where each one should stand, it was quite difficult to glue them on the bases so the sides would touch:
Posted Image

Posted Image
I painted this guy as a test about a year and a half ago, I'll paint the rest like that too - black clothes, red dags. Black orcs will have red armor like the boss, but with black dags ( I'll paint some on the boss too ).

I also have 10 arrer boyz with some arms missing, an Avatars of War orc shaman and two Night gobbo big bosses to choose more heroes from, three fanatics to paint, the rest I can borrow - my younger son has even a giant...

Guest_needskonstruktion_*

Guest_needskonstruktion_*
  • Guests
I really like your painting scheme - It's very effective! :thumbs I think your warboss is fantastic! And you have a very good starting army... Though I would bolster out the black orcs a bit, they are a bit too expensive too lose quickly due to lack of numbers and the problem of rank bonus. But I wouldn't worry about that yet. I think people would just lose because they were blown away by how well the army is painted, especially if there is loads on the table. A pat on the back to you! It would be good if you could obtain that giant...

armored walker

armored walker

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
Yeah, I've allready made a movement tray for 20 Black orcs, but that's for the future - I need to paint the ones I have first. And thanks, I also like the paint scheme, it looks good but is also relatively fast to paint.

I've assembled the 'arrer boyz, three new metal ones and seven one-posers from the old starter box that I bought used. I've done some arm changes and have built a musican with a horn from a gobling sprue ( second from the left in the front row, slightly hard to see ).

Posted Image

bassman

bassman

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 72 posts
Wow, your stuff is great! Almost showcase level, IMO. Your boss is amazing but it your spearchukka that makes me crazy. I like the transition from red to orange.. lovely and immediately catch the eye. I like your skin color, quite dark, as I prefer :thumbs Regards, Bassman
Orks are like beer: the bigger, the better!

Do you want to pillage Italy? Check this place before leaving: www.milantour.net

New, bigger and more professional website! check it out! www.milanoarte.net

Black Squig

Black Squig

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts
  • Army Name:Ghazzy's Goff's
thats some realy good painting! and i praise you for being able to rank black orcs up! *bows down on knees* and yeah movement trales (spelled?) is a think made with love in mind. sad we cant have these in 40k :( Blacksquig

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
Beautiful job on the big boss! I really like what you've done with the bases and the fallen leaves are a nice touch. Are those seeds off a local plant/tree?

armored walker

armored walker

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
@ Ghudra: They are birch seeds, or rather the bitz that shelter the seeds. I collected them green and just let them dry, they're just the right size.

armored walker

armored walker

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
The Boyz mob is painted:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

bassman

bassman

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 72 posts
Sweet! Not as good as mine... :biggrin ehehhe I'm jocking. They are very good. I like how you dirtied the banner.

Do you want to pillage Italy? Check this place before leaving: www.milantour.net

armored walker

armored walker

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
Easy for you t say, you've got that stuntie-head trophy :crybaby Yeah, I wanted the banner to look like it had been frequently dibbed in blood, so I splashed on diffferent browns and reds untill I was satisfied with it, it was fun too.

Mad Trukka

Mad Trukka

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 313 posts
  • Army Name:Plague of Dol Amroth (LOTR) 'ArdAkkaz ( Fantasy,40k)
NICE! now i just need to make an effort to paint my O&G army. I have about 80+ models with about 10-15 painted. Now wheres that paintbrush..
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and
paste this into your signature. GENERATION 5 The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Why a Big Boss is better than Chuck Norris!:

Chuck Norris recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull. Big Boss sells his urine also, as weapons grade plutonium.
Chuck Norris once shot down a German plane by pointing with his finger and saying "Bang". Big Boss knocked the MIR space station out of orbit by glaring at it
Godzilla is a Japanese rendition of Big Boss' first visit to Tokyo.

bassman

bassman

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 72 posts

Easy for you t say, you've got that stuntie-head trophy :crybaby

Yeah, I wanted the banner to look like it had been frequently dibbed in blood, so I splashed on diffferent browns and reds untill I was satisfied with it, it was fun too.

That's a very good idea, I use Dark flesh and/or Scorched brown along with red. I think they work together.
Your effect is very nice, I suppose you made a lot of thiny layers to get it, isn't it?
Regards, Bassman

armored walker

armored walker

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
I'd say something like five different colours/mixes, from Scorched to Blood Red, thinned well down with water ( I allways thin paints, sometimes too much ). I can't recall if I used Dark Flesh on the banner, or a mix of Scorched Brown/Blood Red, but I used Dark Flesh as base for all my reds in this squad, so yes, they work wery well together.

armored walker

armored walker

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
Painted some, first some fanatics :

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also found this guy half-painted, the idea was to make "young Grimgor" - a not-yet-so-scarred cc monster. I practised painting scars on orc skin also:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gitsnik_Arse_kika

Gitsnik_Arse_kika

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gitsnik
Very well done, that red is perfect and the skin is smooth... I will watch this space :search
Beware the goff

the deathskull

the Snake bite

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
These are great. When I get my Doom Divers I will be at an even more boring point of my first 1000 points (strictly gobbos). I too decided to do an Autumn style base. I'm going to go to Imperial Hobbies after the holidays and buy up some appropriate ground cover. I have to do 100's of bases... Still gotta paint 63 shields and 7 goblin crew men. Your's look way better than mine. I gotta lower my standards not raise them... I got a few tricks I've been researching and have plans to paint quicker at least Green skinz. Now Chaos beakies... lets just say I'm going to get real good at Purple flames.

bassman

bassman

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 72 posts
Top notch work again! Young Grimgor is amazing!

Deff Korp Of KRIEG

Deff Korp Of KRIEG

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 412 posts
  • Army Name:Grimsnagas Iron Clad Armoured Brigade
I really like that young grimgor, may I ask what you used for his head?
Grow old or die trying...
DKoK

armored walker

armored walker

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts

I really like that young grimgor, may I ask what you used for his head?

It's a metal ork nob head, from the boxed set.