Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Painting checks and dags

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Gorlock

Gorlock

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 98 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Grimms' Pillaging Plunderers
For sum of us gitz who no have a steady hand, I was thinking bout this, lemme know what you think. Paint area white, then use a fine felt tip pen too draw your checkerboard. then color in the desired areas. ya think it would work? Any other ideas?
***END OF LINE***

Kaan

Kaan

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 506 posts
That is pretty much what I do with my boyz. I do find that I'll have to go back and "fix" the squares a bit to make them look like squares (and less like rectangles). You can redraw the blacklines after painting, to better separate the checks.

http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=48605

linked
Warlord of Da Black and Blue Wreckin' Krew

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
i find i have to go at them a couple of times to repair where i have strayed from the checks but havent found a better method yet ..

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

Cossack

Cossack

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 980 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Blu-tung
Yes gorlock, that'll work. You can also CUT a brush tip flat and use it to paint perfect little black blocks over a white stripe, if you need it small.
<----- "40% WEEDY" (See why!)
40K Orks - see my army...Orcs & Gobbos - WIP for a new league, until the shop closed...Lootas suck - because they do...You play your army, I'll play mine
I think I'll create an 'army use permission form'....... Zzap gunz do not autohit - now with new I WIN BUTTON!!!

"I just print out cossack's posts on plasticard, and slowly fashion them into deff dread's over time, and then kill things with them." - greggles
"yey my forum hero is back, welcome back cossack! been boring around here without you." - Big Lone
"And Cossack is the NICE one here!" - Shabbadoo
"I gotta agree with Cossack. Go back to your friends, and tell them that Orkz are indeed broken, but that you'll continue to play them because they're absolute beasts, the likes of which have not been seen in years. Then tell them how delicious their tears are and that you'll be using them to fuel and lubricate the emerald warmachine that is your WAAAGH!" - Boss Gobbstompa

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 321 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmasha's Deffskullz
yeah,as already said that'll work. In fact I might try that actually (my hand is about as steady as a grot high on fungus beer! :lol ) cheers 'smasha

Nothing is safe from the spannrz n' bloo paint of da Kings of Loot!

"They can cut but they can't paste"

Check out my WIP Log

DEFF the smasher uv worlds

DEFF the smasher uv worlds

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts
  • Army Name:Deffs Doombringas
i use a drybrushed sought of effect to give the checkers a weathered look this also helps the acuurarcy of it as the squares dont need to be shaped properly as there wethered in theoroy if theres a chunk missing out of check then just leave it :thumbs
give ork a bolter and he'l blow your head off. give a ork a shoota and he'l say thankyou... and then blow your head off

mr chickle

mr chickle

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 88 posts
I too have used this, works well with a fine liner but it must have the little felt tip. Ball point ink pens and the like just smudge. Sometimes the ink clearly doesn't look like paint either, too shiny and slick, but once you find a good pen your set :thumbs
''It is as inhuman to be totally good as it is to be totally evil.''-Anthony Burgess

"Any Questions? Ja. Why is the top down? Im f*cking freezing."- Amon Goeth (Schindler's List)

xzantrax

xzantrax

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 224 posts
Havent used felt tips for checkers, but for other freehand. Managed to write "we shall break the siege of leningrad" on a 0.75" by .30" turret side on the first try on my WWII tanks. But really, do use felt liner, not ballpoint pen. make shure to get document proof (or what tehy are called), and let it dry a long time before doing anything with the checkered parts.
Remember the golden rule of engineering: measure once, cut twice, grind to fit.

blackblade68

blackblade68

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
  • Army Name:No name
Here's what happened when I did mine with a Permanent Marker. (fine tip)

http://i528.photobuc...0Boyz/003-6.jpg

I applied the matte finish to it directly. I think that's what your not supposed to do. :)

Deimos

Deimos

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
  • Army Name:Da black tan tribe
hello all my blog http://uniteallactio...-and-white.html :cheers
check out my new blog http://uniteallaction.blogspot.com/