Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Population Issues - a serious discussion about the future

74 replies to this topic

Poll: Population Issues - a serious discussion about the future (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we stay or should we move servers?

1. Stay - I dont't wanna leave (20 votes [60.61%])

Percentage of vote: 60.61%

2. Leave - the sooner we do it the sooner we get back to where we are now (13 votes [39.39%])

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

If we leave - where should we go?

1. Another RP realm - but with a higher population (8 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

2. RP / Open RvR - krumpin anyfing wot moves wif RP (15 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

3. Open RvR - krumpin anyfing wot moves - wifout da RP (8 votes [20.51%])

4. Why the hell are we even asking this question?! We should hit CB with a choppa for this outrage! (8 votes [20.51%])

If Mythic enables character/guild transfers - should we move?

1. Yes - if we can move our chars then we should go (9 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. Yes, but only if the guild can be transfered and retain its lvl/exp (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. Hells no - I already voted to stay, and transfers won't change that (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
When are we going to be deciding? What happened to the 'state of the game'?

If we go to a open server I am going to name myself 'Sickducking Futtbucker' or something like that so I can fit into the rest of the horrible names.

Edit: Whoops that name may be taken!

http://realmwar.warh...w...=0&career=0

Oi and look at this:

There are dzoens of daffy ducks, duck dogers, donald ducks, Rubber rucks...

wow.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,730 posts
  • Army Name:Freebootaz
slightly worse it would seem... lawlz

and apparently brucewillis is popular with WAR players...

EDIT:
After reading the State of the Game... I have this to say..
Even though I have a massive guild and am pretty happy on my server... my goal the whole time was to be wiff you gits... NOW... that is a possibility... they're saying free transfers..
If you guys don't decide to come to Chaos Wastes, I will go to the server you guys move to. While I'm not the most popular of the group b/c of these recent posts... I am one of you gits...
Grimgtuz
http://realmwar.warh...w...&server=227
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

After reading the State of the Game... I have this to say..
Even though I have a massive guild and am pretty happy on my server... my goal the whole time was to be wiff you gits... NOW... that is a possibility... they're saying free transfers..

Well, you are on a high-pop server, so you might be able to get a transfer, but bear in mind that the transfers are only going to be for certain servers and with a preset destination. Chaos Wastes might not be selected for a transfer, and if it is then it might not be given the same destination that Skavenblight is. Until they announce the specifics we don't know - but these are distinctly possible.

So if you want to go to wherever we are it may end up that you have to reroll. I dunno if that will be the case, but it might.

While I'm not the most popular of the group b/c of these recent posts... I am one of you gits...

Eh, don't worry about the recent SNAFU. For those unaware, most stuff was a misunderstanding and 4ton, myself, and a few others hashed things out in vent. Words on a screen don't always say what we mean or think they say - and we had a good case of that. Water under the bridge and all that.

But you, or any member of these forums is always welcome in Da Waaagh guild. And people are welcome to go to different guilds if they choose. Do whats best for you personally, as thats really whats important where a game is concerned.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Nalano

Nalano

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
This topic is a moot point. With the new population transfer, the only issue, if this server is chosen, is to choose a destination to transfer to, as the server will inevitably be dead following the transfer. Choose a server, we go there. Hopefully it wont be Ostermark.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

This topic is a moot point.

With the new population transfer, the only issue, if this server is chosen, is to choose a destination to transfer to, as the server will inevitably be dead following the transfer. Choose a server, we go there. Hopefully it wont be Ostermark.

I agree that the server will become even more dead with the transfers and that it would probably be in the best interest to take the move. However, I don't think we will have a choice of destinations. I am willing to bet that they will choose a specific destination for us, since they said moves would be from selected low-population servers to preselected med-pop servers. It would make the most sense as well, since controlling where people go gives them the best odds of ensuring the population shift is an improvement for most people and not just a reshuffling of the existing problem.

We will see once they announce the specifics.

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,619 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Any news for when this might be and where we're going? I am far and away the most junior rank in the Waaagh forum... Will it be automatic with my character? Curious n00bs want to know! :) ;)
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

Any news for when this might be and where we're going? I am far and away the most junior rank in the Waaagh forum... Will it be automatic with my character?

Curious n00bs want to know! :) ;)

I think you will have to enable the transfer yourself when it becomes available, but I think our server will all be sent to the same destination. I dunno when the transfers will be, hopefully soon. I am keeping an eye out for any more word from the Mythic devs on this (hopefully we will get more info this week). I will keep you guys posted with info I find.

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
Thanks CB. One thing I wonder, is that we cannot be the only Da Waaaagh guild out there. I wonder what happens if where they decide to move us already HAS a Da Waaagh guild... Assuming that whole Guilds CAN be moved like that.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,730 posts
  • Army Name:Freebootaz
Another quandry... I've already searched and my name already exists on most servers... at least the first name..
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

Thanks CB.

One thing I wonder, is that we cannot be the only Da Waaaagh guild out there. I wonder what happens if where they decide to move us already HAS a Da Waaagh guild... Assuming that whole Guilds CAN be moved like that.

Actually, for the most part we are the only one. You can use Mythic's realm war site to search for guilds across all servers. If you search for Da Waaagh, you should get 3 entries. One is us on Skavenblight. Another is a guild we created on 4ton's server to secure the name. The last is a guild on Red Eye Mountain - which I believe is a core server and not a likely transfer destination.

I am not certain we will be able to move the guild infrastructure. I really hope that we can, but I am not sure if it will be possible. It is likely that we will have to recreate the guild and invite people back to it. That would be a pain in the ass, but I am fine with putting in the effort to do it. What truly makes the guild is not the lvl of the guild but the people in it. And having a happy group of members who are enjoying all the various aspects of the game is more important than an arbitrary lvl for the guild. We can earn all the guild-XP back - so I am not truly worried about that.

Hopefully Mythic will at least attach the guild to my character so that it can be transferred as well and the members be reinvited, or allow us to just move the entire guild in one transaction. But we won't know for a short while what exactly will be possible.

Another quandry... I've already searched and my name already exists on most servers... at least the first name..

Now this is a different issue, and one that will most likely impact a lot of us. Many names are likely to be taken already on different servers. If that is the case the game will most likely require you to rename your character. That sucks, but in my opinion its better than being stuck on a server bereft of enemies to battle. If losing names bothers you then I suggest that you take a few mins to go create place-holder name toons on likely server destinations. You might not be able to get the exact names you want, but you can often get something close or something else you like. Then, when transfers are enabled, you can delete the place-holder character, transfer your skavenblight character over and then rename them to the name you had reserved.

I have already done this across a number of servers for Skabnoze and Rotgut. Rotgut is taken on most servers and so I often had to go with something like "Rottgut" - but thats not too bad. In my opinion, the most likely target destinations that Mythic will choose for Skavenblight are either Avelorn or Ostermark. With Ostermark, if you already have order characters, you can just make a few order toons to reserve your name. If we end up having to transfer there, then we will unfortunately have to delete all order characters and choose a different server for order alts. Hopefully they don't make us do that, but it is possible.

Chrost

Chrost

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
What do you think is the likelihood that they will instead move xfers *TO* Skavenblight as opposed to *AWAY*? -CRAZY CHROST

Thork

Thork

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 183 posts
I would say that is unlikely. Unless I've heard wrong, they want to move characters from High pop and Low pop -to- Med pop servers. I think they are trying to make a core of well populated servers, without having any being overpopulated. But as I said, I could be wrong. I have no issues whatsoever with the move, when it happens.
Believe it or not, my Avatar is a heavily Orkified version of my face. PM me with details and a picture to work off of if you want one done of you.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

What do you think is the likelihood that they will instead move xfers *TO* Skavenblight as opposed to *AWAY*?

-CRAZY CHROST

Chances are zero.

They already stated what the general transfer strategy will be. They said that they plan on transferring from certain heavy-populated servers to specific medium population servers, and also to transfer from low-pop servers to specific med-pop servers. It is pretty clear that they plan to try to condense the population onto existing medium population servers. What they do with the low-pop servers after that is anyones guess.

But personally, I don't think there is really much of a reason not to take them up on the transfers when they are offered at this point in time. Our server is pretty dead, and its only going to get worse once the transfers are enabled. In addition, if you read most reviews from various sites, they often mention that the game is much better with a good population and warn readers against low-pop servers. That is going to hurt the influx of new people to those servers for a while (who knows how long) and it could take a while for the server to recover from the journalism.

Chrost

Chrost

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
FTR: I am in favor of taking the free transfers... as long as the guild goes, I go. -CRAZY CHROST

Ccat

Ccat

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
  • Army Name:Da Green Guerillaz
I'm quite happy on Skavenblight. However if the guild moves then I'll move too, the guild being the important factor. I had my fill of pvp servers on WoW and I don't much like it,only joined that because of my friends, so if we move I hope it's to a rp server. Just need to reserve the name Zudgork on any potential transfer destination. Been thinking about starting an order toon after the next big patch when they bring in the Knights of the blazing sun. Show these order cowards how to fight.

Reply to this topic