Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Population Issues - a serious discussion about the future

74 replies to this topic

Poll: Population Issues - a serious discussion about the future (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we stay or should we move servers?

1. Stay - I dont't wanna leave (20 votes [60.61%])

Percentage of vote: 60.61%

2. Leave - the sooner we do it the sooner we get back to where we are now (13 votes [39.39%])

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

If we leave - where should we go?

1. Another RP realm - but with a higher population (8 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

2. RP / Open RvR - krumpin anyfing wot moves wif RP (15 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

3. Open RvR - krumpin anyfing wot moves - wifout da RP (8 votes [20.51%])

4. Why the hell are we even asking this question?! We should hit CB with a choppa for this outrage! (8 votes [20.51%])

If Mythic enables character/guild transfers - should we move?

1. Yes - if we can move our chars then we should go (9 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. Yes, but only if the guild can be transfered and retain its lvl/exp (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. Hells no - I already voted to stay, and transfers won't change that (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
Ugh... I typed a big long post and lost it to the warp.... Basically, the population sucks - we all know this. Higher population servers are more fun - this is the truth. If you have not played on a higher pop server I am not going to try and persuade you that its not a whole lot of fun - cuz it is. So here is the dilemma - do we stick it out or do we move? If we stay then there is no telling when things will get better. I do believe they will, but it might be a very long time. Mythic has not been very forthcoming on solutions to the extreme low-pop servers and there is no telling when or if they will be. The problem with leaving is that we have to herd everyone to the new destination. We are bound to lose people in this process. Some people might not get the word (although we can always set it as the message of the day), some might choose not to leave, etc. But we are bound to lose people if we stay as well. Some people are getting bored, and other servers have a lot more action. It is invariable that people go test the waters on those servers and find they enjoy it. I don't blame anyone for that. Leveling up new characters or the guild is not that big a deal in my opinion. We have only been going for a couple of weeks - and thats not a huge amount of time for a game such as this. Leveling is quicker when you have lots of RvR and stuff to do - and a higher population does allow that. However, people may lose thier names if we move servers - as others may have taken those names. This is somethign we need to discuss, as it has been on a lot of people's minds lately. I dunno if Mythic is going to do anything soon that will help us. I am not pushing for one decision or the other. What I want are honest opinions on what YOU guys all want. I am not going to push anyone to stay or to move unless the guild collectively decides it is a good idea. And the guild-lvl is not that big a deal as we can make that up in a couple weeks. If people do wish to move, then state what kind of server you want us to look at moving to. I know that a number of people have been playing alts on Open-RvR servers and having a blast. They claim it is not nearly as bad as people thought with gankers and there is a whole lot of open-RvR going on. That is an option to consider - and there is even an Open-RvR/RP server. Please vote with your choices, and reply with your opinions. There is no right or wrong.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Korochun

Korochun

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 11 posts
Stay. It will obviously get better. We are established here and have history. We make this server. However, I feel like we should get this out of our system by making an alt guild on Ostermark. The Green Crusade, anyone?

Thork

Thork

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 183 posts
Well.. I wouldn't have any trouble leaving, if the guild moved. I would rather not, just because it would be a pain in the :bleep for everyone to move over and reform, but I would like to see some more RvR action that is more than a game of "Chase the order to the warcamp".
Believe it or not, my Avatar is a heavily Orkified version of my face. PM me with details and a picture to work off of if you want one done of you.

Zogmor

Zogmor

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bugzoggaz.
I'm a stubborn jackass. For that reason alone I don't want to move. Skavenblight is our home, and we decided as such before the game even started. I don't bother much about the guild level or characters and their levels. This is our home. That all said, I wouldn't mind more face-smash. I wish Skavenblight would pick the hell up and we could just queue scenarios all day long and take keeps in massive RvR lag-fests and whatever else. It's not, though. It might, but not right now, or in the near future. So I'm against moving. But if everyone else decides they're moving, the guild's more important than the server is to me, so I'll move with it. If that happens, I'd prefer RP first, and RP/PvP second. Also. Order alt-guild would be Da Green Krusade.
"It's a sawed-off sniper-shotgun."

rakados

rakados

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 81 posts
Can we move chars without having re-leveling?

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz
I say cut and run.Those of us, who play for no more reason to hang out with our friends, will stay here and solder on. Or not.

Kind of an interesting concept. Where does loyalty lie? To the game, to your friends, or to principles. I've already seen guildies who joined when the game become available not orly move servers, but to the side of good!

I'm not moving servers. I never moved gooba off of the pvp WOW server he was on, and I'm not moving this one. The "bored" crowd, in my non-PC opinion, should just shove off if they don't like it.

I can always find another guild here, on this server, if folks depart. Or you could move, and find a guild there. Just an idea.
:cheers
meh.

Noth

Noth

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
I say lets seriously look at a move... I've been playing a Squig Herder over on Dark Crag-ORVR, the highest pop RVR server, and it's really the most fun I've had in an MMO... insta ques, always somebody farming a PQ, A renown level thats almost always equal to your rank, constantly looking over your shoulder because there's always a fight to be had... simply put, its war! This is the way the game was designed to be played. There is of course ganking, sometimes nothing you can do when the lvl 28 warrior priest pops out in front of your level 11 squiggy, but while that wp noob is picking easy fights, you're gaining valuable exp... and he'll soon find by the time you catch rank with him that he's ill equipped to handle a skilled player... which is why he was ganking lowbies in the first place. The asshatery is easily negated by the fun you have... there is of course RP-RvR, but im not exactly sure about those pops. To be honest, the only thing missing is you guys... no guildmates to scream WAAAGH! at when we cross paths... nobody coordinate with on vent. I feel foolosh about moving after we fought so hard to keep skavenblight from falling apart... but truth is, its a different game on the high pop server... to me, its the right game... the intended game... At the very least, you should take a Sunday afternoon and level through T1 on a high pop server, if you havent already, and then make up your minds. Regardless of what choices are made, I plan on leveling Nothgrim with Da Waaagh! Skavenblight or Bust, but I'll be splitting time on the High pop RvR servers to say the least. btw, My Dark Crag toon is named Gunna, you can feel free to shoot me a tell if your over there checking it out. If anyone wants to check out a Rp-RvR server, ill join you for at least a tier while we scout it out lemme know Noth

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,348 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Well I'm having fun playing as it is. Not sure how I'm going to feel when I reach level cap and run out of content in PVE. But PVP doesnt exist on Skavenblight let alone RVR. My character level is twice my renown level. So renown gear is worthless. I've played in only 2 scenarios in 20 levels...I actually saw enemy players...yes they do exist. :eek I say we ride this out and see how it goes on the present server. Whatever you ladz decide I'll go with the flow. But I aint playin anything other than a proppa Blorc. I think things will change for the better given some time, it is to early to bail out. WAAAGH! da let it ride
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Shi

Shi

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
I played with some of you on Shi on Skavenblight for the first 20 levels that i dedicated to a character in this new frontier that i chose to explore. While satisfying my need for entertainment, and socialization on some levels...i had to break it down to brass tacks in terms of gameplay and enjoyment overall. I decided to scout servers for a week, and i would give each server a dedicated day of time playing a class on each side. (half day order/half day destruction) I had many experiences that were bad...i had a great deal more that were great! It was a very huge suprise to me that the best time i had was on the straight up ORVR server, Dark Crag. Don't worry...i can hear the collective groans already. But let me tell you from experience that i was subjected to more assinine guild invites, and stupid names...on Ostermark. True, not many people here RP, and some...don't even talk. But i will tell you that i have had, like Nothgrim...the best time playing an MMO since the early days of world of warcraft. Nah, that's not fair...the fun i've had on Dark Crag is like playing an entirely different game from even leveling my Chosen on Skavenblight. I will give you a for instance. My Disciple of Khaine is now r23 rr21. I leveled to Tier 2 without touching a single quest. I scenario'd until my eyes were dry and in severe pain. I took a break for 2 days from scenarios completely...went back to doing them, and wow! Still near instant pops. Even in t3 now (just hit 22 last night) they are less than a 5-10 minute wait depending on how picky you are. And let's talk about keep sieges. You know how on Skavenblight when word gets out that order is finally showing their nuts and tapping ANY keep? Yeah...destruction zergs to defense or just overwhelms with level desparity in general. Now i want you to think about the chicken mechanic and how it works in an Orvr server ruleset. Honestly, it makes better sense to me now that i've experienced it first hand. I actually got asked through tells by a lowbie, "Heya, i know you're probably busy...but could you come help us out? Order has a few crazy levels on us here in T1 and we just wanna complete a few quests..." I said to myself, "hmmm...oh yeah, i CAN go back to that tier while flagged to help lowbies with a quest...AND i can get something outta it also!" something YOU CANNOT DO on a core/rp ruleset server. Frankly between helping a -2 tier lowbie with a pq or getting one silly tome unlock doesn't compare with the reputation that comes with being known for helping the weak in a time of severe need. **i'm "starring" this part below because you NEED to know this before you make a vote** ORvR is not a very serious server by any means. But it gets stuff done. I have seen some very silly names...some very silly guild names too. I have come across some very selfish/idiotic people as well. I have come across every stereotype that everyone rolling an RP server is trying to avoid. But i will make the counter arguement... I saw WORSE on Ostermark in the 3 days i played there. The way i see it is...a server is just a place to play, and you can make your own environment. I really think that if you like the rvr aspect of the game, the RP aspect can be done anywhere. Hell, people get mocked ON RP SERVERS for RP'ING...i say bring the fight to them imo. oh yeah...and about the population of the server and being a guinea pig. :D Mythic is raising the overall server population cap incrementally with each lil' update :D Dark Crag is the most active ORvR server and their que times have dropped dramatically during late prime time. I log in usually around 6:00 to 6:30 pm EST and have NEVER been hit with a que on logon at that time throughout the week. I'm not gonna lie...adding a great chunk of destruction players will probably sway that a bit but honestly...i've waited through a 20 minute que because... IT IS WORTH IT. I cannot stress how much it feels like a different game when you're playing in heavily populated areas and on demand content. I guess i'll just leave it at that :D all in all i would love to see you guys over here on Dark Crag, because i know you really want to play the WHOLE GAME... not just solo grind PQ's until a random piece of rvr action happens. *EDIT* oh yeah, and one more thing...the whole ganking situation. Next time you logon, i want you to look at the world layout...and i want you to know that it takes some effort to get in the path of opposing realm thoroughfares in general. I also want you to understand that ganking is fun :D the first time you do it, just to get it outta your system...then you realize, "SHIT! i coulda been getting some INF or some RVR action or another scenario!" then you head off to do your own thing to better your character...and guess what? EVERYONE ELSE (except for anyone in HUK Infinity :P HUKHUKHUKHUKHUKHUK) is doing the same thing. Ganking is not really an issue...if it is...it's an issue that can easily be resolved :D

GrogDaTyrant

GrogDaTyrant

Mr Angry

• Deathskullz
  • 4,093 posts
  • Army Name:People's Democratic Republic of Federal Democratic Rebuplic of Tyranny!
Makes no difference to me. Have Waaagh, will travel.
QUOTE (Fact Core, from Portal 2)
-Whales are twice as intelligent and three times as delicious as humans.

-In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than four percent of poor people are able to do this.

Zogmor

Zogmor

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
I avoided PvP servers on Warcraft like the plague mostly because of ganking. I'm sure someone can argue the point until they turn blue (no offense to Deff Skullz, you weedy lootin' gits), but at the end of the day it's just not fun to get face-raped by someone twice your level. More importantly, what starts to happen when warbands of organized level 30 - 31's start plowing T2 RVR content? What about gank parties? There's already enough of a problem with "Oh hell, they have nothing but nines, tens, and elevens in this Nordenwatch - we're screwed." I can't imagine trying to do anything even remotely useful against someone twenty. And it's really annoying to think you need a bodyguard or have to pester someone to be one just to get basic stuff done. Don't get me wrong, I see a lot of good in the ability to hit up tiers below yours. But I've always hated the idea of -always- watching my back. Some days you just want to PvE, not have some R19 smacktard come in and shut you down in the middle of fighting the Hero, or while you're just running around. Sure, you can get revenge. But it doesn't really matter - that's stress I wasn't interested in in the first place. As for Ostermark, I can't see a reason for going there. It's a complete cesspool.

Blakkreaper

Blakkreaper

Da Ladz Wrangler

• Freebooterz
  • 2,395 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Grimgull
I'm gonna vote playing on an ORvR, but I'll stick with the guild. I have an order alt to play with some mates, on a Oceanic ORvR, and he burns stuff. IF we get on a North American ORvR with the waaagh, my bright wizard will throw many less fireballs, since I'll be too buisly Black Orking out with Choppa in hand with the waaagh. He was only made so I could get some PvP. . .

The difference is heaps, the question comes down to how long are we prepared to wait here?

@Zogmor: My bright mage has not been ganked once, and in tier one, he was fighting people a fair few levels up from him. Higher tier poeple cap us, higher tier allies come help. Lower level players skirmish outside, or form "fire squads" (bad pun intended). I was partying with 4 other bright mages, all mid T1, as people from top T1, mid T2 fought around us. We actually did stuff, after being ignored for being low level, we all targeted a higher level player, and killed him :gasp. We did it again. We even captured a flag, starting with drawing a higher level chosen into an ambush. That is we ran like panzees until we got help - but it was fun. We weren't being ganked repeditively.

Cheerz to Thork for the Great Avvy.
Let's gross our fingers and sacraface pot Blood Red to Bitz God... [Morhgoz]
I oppose RAW evil; or, more importantly; The Dice Gods oppose RAW evil. [Andrew the Eternal's proppa hiaku]

"Giving Krooza an idea, now prooven to be just as bad as saying 'Go on Dim, rant away!" [Dim Reepa]
"We don't have a Battle Tank. We have a glorified transport that eats people." "like a surgical sledgehammer." [GrogDaTyrant]

Da BlueFace Loota

Da BlueFace Loota

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 242 posts
  • Army Name:Warband ManikZodStud Of The Deathskulls
I saw this kind of thread coming. I am just about 2 levels away from my wolf and I thought to myself "Something is going to happen to screw this up."* I always prefer the RP servers, they generally attract a better class of player. Open RP server should be okay with me too. * I also think that the moment we move something will happen to boost SkavenBlight. But hey, I'm an optimist.
Never play cards with fate... he cheats.

QUOTE (Stovaa @ Mar 24 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What people are doing [Vs Orks] is standing there, firing their lascannons and screaming "IT'S NOT MEQ!"
Bunch of pansies.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

But I aint playin anything other than a proppa Blorc.

I think the universe would implode if you of all people were playing something other than a proppa orc.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Zogmor

Zogmor

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Blakkreaper - Seriously? Well, that doesn't sound bad at all. I guess I wouldn't be against moving to an ORvR server, then. Still won't vote for even moving, but if it must happen then I suppose it's not amazingly bad. CannibalBob - But...he already said he has a BW. So wouldn't that mean th--HIT THE DECK! *eksplode!*

Blakkreaper

Blakkreaper

Da Ladz Wrangler

• Freebooterz
  • 2,395 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Grimgull

Blakkreaper -

Seriously? Well, that doesn't sound bad at all. I guess I wouldn't be against moving to an ORvR server, then. Still won't vote for even moving, but if it must happen then I suppose it's not amazingly bad.

CannibalBob -

But...he already said he has a BW. So wouldn't that mean th--HIT THE DECK!

*eksplode!*

Yeah, i thought the same way, but it isn't that bad. I guess everyone is too buisy having fun fighting their own level to gank. . .

Also, I have the BW, not hakky. The closest hakky would get is a burnaboy is disguise. And even then, odds are low :P.

Cheerz to Thork for the Great Avvy.
Let's gross our fingers and sacraface pot Blood Red to Bitz God... [Morhgoz]
I oppose RAW evil; or, more importantly; The Dice Gods oppose RAW evil. [Andrew the Eternal's proppa hiaku]

"Giving Krooza an idea, now prooven to be just as bad as saying 'Go on Dim, rant away!" [Dim Reepa]
"We don't have a Battle Tank. We have a glorified transport that eats people." "like a surgical sledgehammer." [GrogDaTyrant]

Lady Lu

Lady Lu

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 318 posts
  • Army Name:Morguk's Freebootaz
The biggest problem I can see with a move is losing people. Some grumpy/stubborn gits don't want to move, some just won't hear about it, some might be already established on the other side of the target server for the move. Starting over once more will be a pain, no doubt. I'm already a bit tired of starting stuff all over the place cause some of the other people I know can't decide on a place to stay. Some might be ok with it, some might not. I'm wondering though. Why are the core servers excluded from the poll?
"Your stuff belongs to me,
my stuff belongs to me too.
That's the spirit of sharing."

Zogmor

Zogmor

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
So. According to the main website, the game already has 750,000+ accounts signed up for it. And I can say that WAR is a good enough game that a good chunk of that will stay, and more will keep coming. Skavenblight is getting more people on it daily. Not as quickly as the already high-pop servers, true. But those were insta-bake servers - ready out of the box for one reason or another. Our server is growing right now, not dying a horrible, lingering death. There is hope. If the game has pulled in numbers like that, and it has quality enough to denounce any claims of "Well, other games get a lot of sunscriptions at first, then bomb 'cos the game sucks", then I don't see how Skavenblight could die. And while it's not a big deal to some, it's enough of one to others to be worth mentioning that at the very worst we'd be merged or cloned or whatever, and in that case we'd keep all of our stuff anyway, as opposed to just remaking everything. I really, truly, honestly believe this server will be fine in a month or two, and I just can't see a reason to jump ship until then.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,348 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
BW never happen ya zoggers. I did start a Witch Hunter on whitetower with some of my mates here at the game store. Name of the guild is Sigmars git killers. WH isnt a bad class....also tried out the chosen. Not to shabby.....I dont play casters...they just aint ded ard enuf if yer askin me.. :choppa But the best by a huge margin is the Blorc. Hands down the best scrapper ever made. A true Goff. Where ever we go I'll be krumpin, stompin, and kickin skumgrods in da jibbles. WAAAGH! da kickin in da jibbles
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Nalano

Nalano

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
99% of the time played will be at level 40. Everything prior to such is just people complaining that there aren't enough people leveling at the same rate as them.

Reply to this topic