Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da WAAAGH banner

86 replies to this topic

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
So our guild is progressing quickly through the ranks and we are almost to the point where we can select our heraldry. So I am starting this thread to get the ball rolling on what we would like our heraldry to look like. Obviously its going to have a greenskin theme - thats a given. This is going to be an important decision for the guild because the way the system works currently is that you only get once choice at heraldry. It is permanent. Once we select our heraldry it is locked in for the life of the guild - so we want it to look good!

I have been looking for an online editor, and I know that WarDB (http://www.wardb.com/) is working on one, but it is not currently available. If I cannot find anything then I will end up taking a bunch of screenshots for people to decide upon. Hopefully I can find some good heraldry pictures for destruction heraldry on the net.

I did find a you-tube video that demonstrates how much variation and options there are in the editor - but its for Order. Order gets different choices than destruction does, but if you look at the video it will give you a good idea of what sorts of options there are. I have used the editor once before with a previous guild in beta - and there was a huge amount of greenskin choices. Here is a link to the video:

So start getting your general opinions and ideas out as to what sorts of things you would like for the standard.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Chrost

Chrost

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
Oi! So I's took a look at wut you showd der and I gotta say I likes wut I see. Dis is da Kon... da Kont... DIS WUT I GOTTA SAY... Shape: Sumfin ragged... or blocked... maybe even torn Base color border: Black, gold, or green Pattern (border): da Checkas, or maybe da flames cumin up from da bottom like we'z cookin' sumfin An I think da emblum gotta be da big gob orky face dat we orks gots everywhere... notin' else says WAAAGH!! like a big orky gob in yer grill.

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Goregob
I thought this would be coming. ;) I'm going to wait for screen shots, a video or an interactive heraldry thing before making my mind up. Either way, it should be GREEN and BLACK to keep tied in with this site. :cheers
Thanks for reading my post.

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
Something we had discussed before was using the colors of this website as the colors for the guild heraldry - black and green. Makes sense, dunnit? Basically, black field with green ork symbol/glyph on it. One big symbol, something like an orc skull shaped one as the orcs are wont to design, or something like the WAAAGH 40K glyph, a roaring jaw. Something that is just basic and bold and very very orcish. Something you can see from a distance on a keep, so all them Order gits will know we wuz there from a long ways away. If we have a border, something like green dags on the black field would look great, and get across the orc yelling mouth idea full of teef. Green and black checkers wouldn't look too bad either. Basically, soemthing like this: DaWaaaghBanna.jpg Whatcha think?

Nalano

Nalano

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
Checkas! That's all I ask, really.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
Just to stir the pot a bit... When I last used the editor and went through the "border" options, there was a number of borders that were full of ork Glyphs. And to further stir the pot, a number of the borders had 40k ork glyphs - including one border filled with klan glyphs. They looked pretty good, but they were a bit "busy". I just thought I would toss that out there for you guys to chew on. Also, we can change the colors of the different parts separately. The background can have a pattern on it - so you can make the background 2 colors. The border color options are separate from the back-ground and the symbols. And the main symbols are a lot like scanned artwork and so you cannot adjust the colors - but they come colored already and there is a huge variety of them.

Dethskullz

Dethskullz

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 42 posts
well i like the idea of the primary colors being basically black and green with white/red used as accent colors if another color is needed. I definitly like the idea of including dags in there, and also a giant orcish skull would be really awesome. If we could have some checks put in the background as a stripe at the bottom or top or even if the background was a giant black/white check with green dags around the edges and a green orc skull. Since we can't use the editor to see the images to choose from, i guess really anything orcy. The 40k related stuff sounds good as long as it doesn't include guns. Tho the idea of having several clan symbols does sound a bit cluttered.

Lady Lu

Lady Lu

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 318 posts
  • Army Name:Morguk's Freebootaz
I'm liking Grimteef's design, 'cept I think the skull would look better white. White skull, black background, green dags/checks on the side. Something simple would be easier for our enemies to remember (and fear).
"Your stuff belongs to me,
my stuff belongs to me too.
That's the spirit of sharing."

Schnott

Schnott

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts

Dis is da Kon... da Kont... DIS WUT I GOTTA SAY...

Hey! No stealing my schtick!

Basically, soemthing like this:

Whatcha think?

This is pretty much what I came on to suggest. I'd like the base color to be green, personally, with black secondary. I don't mean primary christmas green, but burnt forest vomit green. As for borders, I'm not a big fan of anything too 'busy.'

I didn't have the patience to watch through for minutes of low resolution youtube emblems, but if Mork/Gork is an option, we have to pick it. Period.

Posted Image
Schnott knows how tings work. Datz why Imz da most inter... itnel... integ... Datz why Imz da craftiest warboss wot ever lived! Youz not even know Iz da real warboss an' neefer do da stunties. Datz how crafty Schnott iz.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,348 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Grimteef is going in da right direction I'm thinking. The skull could be white, red, or green....so long as it can be seen from a distance thats cool with me. I'd prefer black and white checks down the sides but dags are just as cool if you ask me. The banner should be kept simple, no need to get all fiddly with glyphs and stuff....let the other guilds that follow in our wake mess around with that stuff....we are da waaagh....we just need a simple standard that stands out and is simple to recognise. Cuz wer proppa. :choppa WAAAGH! da guild standard
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Da BlueFace Loota

Da BlueFace Loota

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 242 posts
  • Army Name:Warband ManikZodStud Of The Deathskulls
Dags forever, checks never. But otherwise I agree with Hakbash. A simple, possibly torn, banner is the best choice.
Never play cards with fate... he cheats.

QUOTE (Stovaa @ Mar 24 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What people are doing [Vs Orks] is standing there, firing their lascannons and screaming "IT'S NOT MEQ!"
Bunch of pansies.

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
Hur hur, I never thought there would be such division between checks and dags! One reason I advocate just black and green is for the reason that people are going to want to decorate their outfits and dye them however they like. The more minimalist we keep the guild banner design and colors, the better that is going to look with whatever people are going to want to do with dying their gear. Black goes with everything, and we are all, for the most part, already green. So that will all match and work fine. Too many other colors and things will clash and look bad, and it limits what people can do with personalizing their look. As far as checks and dags, I say we could do one side checks, one side dags. DaWaaaghBannaBoth.jpg The banner with just checks feels rather distracting to me - it takes the focus away from the main symbol because the checks 'vibrate' to the eye more than the main design does. Not trying to really advocate one over the other so much since I'm just talking general art principals and how they will look to others. DaWaaaghBannachecks.jpg I think I really prefer the one with the dags from a design and art standpoint.

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz
Why not dags on both sides? I've always felt checks were more 41st Millennium anyway. The black and white checks I see on terrain in WAR almost seem a bit out of place. Lookin' Good!
meh.

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
That banner looks really good. I am a Check person myself because Cheks are orky. No other race can use checks but us.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
The one with dags on both sides is at the top. I don't think this checks and dags issue is something that we are ever going to really agree upon! :lol Ah well, if we keep it simple like that it should look great.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
Dag or checks! such a big decision! :lol

We will have to choose one or the other though since you cannot select differing side borders. Just to give you guys a better idea of what banners can look like, here is a picture of an orky banner I made for a guild during closed-beta:

Posted Image

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,348 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Checks is da only way to be proppa if yer askin me ya gitz.....no more of this dags bunk. :choppa Either one is cool with me. It looks proppa. WAAAGH! da proppa bannaz
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Zogmor

Zogmor

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bugzoggaz.
Blakk wif checks is roit proppa. As well, black is a great color to go with almost any other color you could have on your armor, and will have a hard time clashing with anything. Besides, didn't we somewhat decide we wanted some part of our outfit to be black to represent the guild? Our heraldry would be a great way to do that. As for green being on there, I can't say no to some green somewhere for obvious reasons. Anyway, I'd say you come up with 5 - 10 images of things you think would be appropriate, then post them up here and make the guild message of the day point to the forum and to check the topic and vote on it. After a few days to a week, we pick the one that won and set it up. All fairly basic, but figured I'd toss it out there anyway.
"It's a sawed-off sniper-shotgun."

Skullcrusha

Skullcrusha

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
Has any thought been given to some representation of our elven and chaos friends? Granted we are "based" on greenskin lore, but we also are a ARAC sort of guild. So, those elves and chaos folks would assuredly like to feel invested in the guild as well. Perhaps as simple as putting three pictograms on the banner instead of just the orc skull thingy?

Zogmor

Zogmor

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bugzoggaz.

Has any thought been given to some representation of our elven and chaos friends?

Nope.

Be happy we'z 'aven't et da lot uf ya fer even sergestin' sumfin' less proppa.
"It's a sawed-off sniper-shotgun."

Reply to this topic