Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guild Charter musings

63 replies to this topic

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
Hmm. Hadn't considered things like that, CB. Maybe just the guild cloak is good enough for what we wear. The likely color scheme would be black with some green, just like the site here. That way everyone can do whatever they like, no problems. Weird al - good luck to ya, man, hope you can get a computer to work WAR soon.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

Hmm. Hadn't considered things like that, CB. Maybe just the guild cloak is good enough for what we wear. The likely color scheme would be black with some green, just like the site here. That way everyone can do whatever they like, no problems.

Ya, thats what I am thinking as well. Most likely my Gobbos will have armor dyed almost totally black (if possible) with yellow/black checks and dags since I like Night Gobbos so much - so the black thing does not bother me really. But we don't know how the dye system will fully play out yet. I know the mechanics of how the dye system works, but not the prices or availability of colors. Currently the color palette is very limited and some of those colors are VERY expensive. In games with purchaseable color-dyes black is often one of the more expensive colors because the dye system is used to pull money out of the game economy and prevent rampant inflation (which does happen and seriously messes things up - go check out Lineage2 or Final Fantasy XI). Mythic may decide to do this with thier dye system and so some colors might be prohibitively expensive at the beginning (but better once you are higher level with more disposable income).

To my knowledge, displaying your guild heraldry on your cloak is free. Setting up the guild heraldry will cost the guild 15g initially and also requires a certain guild-level. From there your heraldry is locked in stone. Once we pick heraldry for our guild and standard it is permanent - meaning we cannot change it. So the heraldry that we choose is going to be a big deal. On the bright side, there is a WHOLE LOT that you can do with the heraldry. I have messed with the system a bit and built heraldry for a couple of guilds I ran in various beta stages. There is a staggeringly large amount of greenskin themes and stuff we can do with it - including 40k glyph borders (clan glyphs!).

However, if the dyes turn out to be fairly cheap then I have a few ideas on fun things we can do with the guild. I would like to have regular contests on both the site and possibly in-game (depending on what systems the final game has - such as tome inspection or duelling) with short-term fun rewards like letting the weekly champion choose the color-scheme for people's helmets for his tour of duty - or other silly crap like that.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

waaaghboss

waaaghboss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
  • Army Name:Gor Kop'z 'ordz a Stompin'
I'd vote for a black cloak aswell with green detailing or whatnot like grimteef said. I'm glad to hear that futrther colors are planned for the dye system. I was very disapointed in the color choices that were available in the last stage of beta. Some of them didn't even look right to me, red wasn't really red, etc.

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Goregob
Been watching youtube videos this morning and came across some good ones, this one might be a good watch for everyone though, as it shows how to make a guild. :)

You guys in the beta will probably already know this stuff, but I tought I'd put it here for those who aren't in the beta (like me! :( )
Hopefully I don't get told off for threadmancy! :blush

Enjoy:
Guild screen and some info

Edit: Oh yea, the guild part is only half of the vid, the dude then goes on about a weedy character. :P
Thanks for reading my post.

Reply to this topic