Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some thoughts about our guild

66 replies to this topic

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
I had a crappy version of that mod at first that was called "speak easy" I think - but one of the patches broke that mod along with a lot of others. I then got a much better mod that was able to do a lot more - but I don't at all remember what it was called.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
I see where you are coming from on crafting, CB. I liked how it was done in Guild Wars as well, and made sense to me. But since it seems taht your regiment in WAR raised in Rank according to the levels of its players, I ahev a feeling that crafting of some type is goint to be available to us. One thing I heard on a video was that if you find a broken weapon, it can actually be restored through crafting somehow, and may actually become a 'green' or 'blue' quality weapon if upgraded somehow. I'm of both minds about the crafting, and I'll be fine with whatever they implement.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
I just read an informative article that talked a bit about the crafting system and also the trophies you can display on your character. You can find the article here:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/29439

In a nutshell it appears they have done away with resource-nodes that you usually have to look for in most MMOs. All resources are gathered from the corpses of slain enemies (including players) via a set of gathering skills. I had read in a different interview that many of the designers detest the "recipe" style crafing system most games have and wanted to make something more open-ended and customizable to the player. The article sheds a bit of light on this. Apparently most crafted items have a base recipe and then the player can add different items into the formula to tweak different aspects of the finished product (enhanced effects, increased duration, etc.). I am going to assume there is a limit to how far you can modify something - but it sounds pretty cool.

What I like the most about the article is this design philosophy:

EA Mythic is really focusing on keeping the crafting simple and the customization levels high for players. Justin explained that these are great elements to the game and are being made easy so players can spend more time exploring and fighting and less time standing in the corner of the shop.

That is what keeps me excited about this game. It is cool that it is based on Warhammer - but that alone does not make a game good. I have played many MMOs and simply got tired of how very few of them break the mold in the right ways. They all have different takes on how to make an MMO, but for the most part the majority of games out there emphasize the chore and time aspect of the game and worry less about keeping you actively playing simply because it is fun. They toss in level grinds, skill grinds, endlessly circular equipment grinds, and various other methods that require you to invest a ton of time for any benefit. But few of those games actually worry about making the core of the game really fun and exciting to play. Hopefully the competitive nature of fighting other players for ACTUAL control of the various areas will give WAR a long lifespan.

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Goregob
Just been looking on youtube (i spend alot of time on it yes :P ) and found some videos of people playing WAR. Not too surprising, but, on a set of videos, they're asking mythic guys questions and one of them said that they were looking into putting your guild banner/icon onto your armour, which would be awesome :biggrin If we had a bunch of lads all with a Waagh! website & forum detail on them, that would be great, but he said they were looking into it, and that it wasn't set in stone :( Another thing I "learnt" (saw) was that, as well as "skills" and "special moves" (fireballs, shield bashing, e.t.c.) you get "tactics". As Orks we'd probably ignore them, but, it does say that they're very usefull, especially when one of the ones they explanned reduces melee damage caused to you by 25%... that could be very annoying if we run in with a load of Blorcs and Choppas! :scowl :lol it would also mean the fighting would never be the same, as you'd be fighting many different people with many different "skill" "tactic" and "special move" configurations. "So Bob, if ya'z gettin' bored of stuntie bashin' i 'ere there'z sum 'umies over dere behind dat tree dat no Orc can chop in err... two!" :choppa
Thanks for reading my post.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

"So Bob, if ya'z gettin' bored of stuntie bashin' i 'ere there'z sum 'umies over dere behind dat tree dat no Orc can chop in err... two!" :choppa

How could anyone ever get bored of stuntie bashin? :?

Lady Lu

Lady Lu

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 318 posts
  • Army Name:Morguk's Freebootaz
Maybe not bored, but there's always the possibility of not being any stunties around to bash --that is, bashed 'em all.
"Your stuff belongs to me,
my stuff belongs to me too.
That's the spirit of sharing."

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

Maybe not bored, but there's always the possibility of not being any stunties around to bash --that is, bashed 'em all.

Oh the horror.... that is the scariest thing I have ever heard - no stunties left to bash?...

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Goregob

Oh the horror.... that is the scariest thing I have ever heard - no stunties left to bash?...

well.. I 'ere dey is behind dem 'umies! ;)
ha ha! :P
Thanks for reading my post.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

well.. I 'ere dey is behind dem 'umies! ;)

Oh, well that is the best reason I have heard of to go bash some 'umies - to get to the stunties hidin behind them. Sneaky stunties, you would almost think they were gobbos for trying something like that.

Lady Lu

Lady Lu

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 318 posts
Well they are short and smelly. What about the panzees? No one wants to bash 'em? If not I call dibs.

GrogDaTyrant

GrogDaTyrant

Mr Angry

• Deathskullz
  • 4,093 posts
  • Army Name:People's Democratic Republic of Federal Democratic Rebuplic of Tyranny!
I'm up for killing panzees. All manner of kinds... if possible. :) One thing I was thinking, was the Dye system. That's epic by the way. Leave it to Mythic to implement all the good ideas that WoW never bother to listen to. The Dye system will allow us to customize our Armor with 2 seperate color gradients. Here's my thought... do we want a Regimental color? While it would be a bit harsh to restrict members to only a small range of colors for their armor, it would also give us a unifying theme that screams to our opposition "Oh crap, we're boned now! Thats an entire legion on Vent!" I was thinking maybe restricting it to something like 5 specific colors for our regiment and allow individuals to select which combination of those they want. One thing I always hated in WoW, was how a high end guild that gathered together looked like a rainbow vomited across a field. And that's to say nothing of the typical DPS warrior I got used to seeing... (gold pants, black chestpiece, gold and blue gauntlets, red helmet, green boots...). Granted, if we want to look like a giant technicolored mess, then sure... that's fine I guess. But selecting a regiment 'theme' of Black, Red, White, Gold, and Boltgun would look pretty snazzy when the whole group organizes.
QUOTE (Fact Core, from Portal 2)
-Whales are twice as intelligent and three times as delicious as humans.

-In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than four percent of poor people are able to do this.

Kodek

Kodek

Flash Git

• Freebooterz
  • 1,142 posts
  • Army Name:No army at present...
I would definitely be in favour of that idea Grog, and yeah I felt the same in WoW. Before selecting a theme though we should see how hard it is to get dyes and see what looks best in the actual game.

Lady Lu

Lady Lu

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 318 posts
I could see using one color that has to show on at least one piece of equipment, wearer's choice, while leaving everything else up to the wearer. There'd be a unifying element while leaving enough freedom for people to look (almost) however they want.

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
I was thinking about that very same thing just yesterday, Grog. We'd have to tie the color of the Regiment banner into the dye color, of course, and I really like the idea of finding a single color or two that stands for our Regiment. It'd be cool to see a whole mess of orcs and gobbos that all have something like yellow right shoulderpads and black left shoulderpads. Just a suggestion at an idea. You're absolutely right that we should see what dyes are easy to get a hold of before we decide, though. However, as much as I like how it looks on orcs, I think that we should lean away from red, only because it is the predominant color of the Bloody Sunz boyz that are supposed to be the major force in orcdom at the time the game takes place. We would want to differentiate ourselves from them, I think. Also, green isn't really going to look that hot on us either because that's the main color of us ladz now, innit! We want a little contrast going on! We have time to work it out, but that's my thoughts on the matter.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts
  • Army Name:Freebootaz
it would only be proppa if it was bloo of course...
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
Lets see, despite Mythic saying that players will be common gobbos and not any other gobbo faction, squig herders only belong to night gobbos. So that means any squig herders will actually be night gobbos. Night gobbos use black, yellow, & a bit of red for colors. In addition, my Squig herder is gonna defeat everyone and rule with an iron fist (ok, a small gobbo fist & a giant angry squig). Therefore everyone should be dressed in night-gobbo colors.

GrogDaTyrant

GrogDaTyrant

Mr Angry

• Deathskullz
  • 4,093 posts
  • Army Name:People's Democratic Republic of Federal Democratic Rebuplic of Tyranny!
Well the 'definite' colors they're talking about for sure, are the chaos gods. From there, there's supposedly more but we'll have to see what they are. But Red, Gold, Green, blue, and pink are confirmed colors.
QUOTE (Fact Core, from Portal 2)
-Whales are twice as intelligent and three times as delicious as humans.

-In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than four percent of poor people are able to do this.

Nargred Uz Frothel the Grand

Nargred Uz Frothel the Grand

telescoping arm

• Goffz
  • 508 posts
I'll chime in before Habash does. Why not checks, afterall the waaagh is a proppa colour.
QUOTE (Scarpia @ Aug 1 2006, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now if only the big shoota was rending...... :lol

QUOTE (Sproston Green @ Dec 29 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everybody knows real tank destroyers are open topped, (da betta ta watch da explosions and all).

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
I'd love to do checks on the armor, but I think we'll just be able to control the dominant color of a piece of armor.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,348 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
You zoggers already know what I'm going to say....so I'm gonna say it anyway. :lol Da only proppa color is black with white checks ya gitz. ;) Any color will work of course. I'll go with the flow if it's decided to do black or yeller but I aint wearin blue. It just aint proppa. WAAAGH! da color blue aint in my vocabulary
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Reply to this topic