Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer Online (Age of Reckoning)

177 replies to this topic

Gorzag Gofasta

Gorzag Gofasta

telescoping arm

• Evil Sunz
  • 485 posts
I love where this is going! I've been waiting for Warhammer Online before I got a new computer and playing MMOs again. I'll try out all the gobbo and orc classes and probably some from other races. Chaos looks tasty too. It looks like the consensus so far is to have a WAAAGH guild with mostly all greenskinst o be proppa, with somewhere between 10-50% as weedy gitz. I vote to keep the non-greenskin population as low as possible, and requiring a reference from a green member in good standing. Having a sub-forum for the guild would be a good call.
"You ladz is too slow for proppa krumpin."

(Avatar by Krooza)

GrogDaTyrant

GrogDaTyrant

Mr Angry

• Deathskullz
  • 4,093 posts
  • Army Name:People's Democratic Republic of Federal Democratic Rebuplic of Tyranny!
I'll be there. I'm signed up for the Warpath's, but honestly I think I'd rather be with Waaagh-ers. I'll likely go Choppa, as I've got 2 years of hell to pay back to the casters of WAR for the hell they put me through in WoW when I played a Warrior.
QUOTE (Fact Core, from Portal 2)
-Whales are twice as intelligent and three times as delicious as humans.

-In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than four percent of poor people are able to do this.

weird al orkavic

weird al orkavic

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
  • Army Name:da metal eads
Count me in. The problem I have had in most mmos is that I tend to get REALLY angry at the enemy and just charge in to kill everything. It ends with me running for the nearest guard for help. the orcs are the kind of lads that do that kind of thing. it works in 40k for me. Ill probably be a squig herder, a black orc, and a choppa ork (like everyone else). This game got me so amazed it got me to get back into playing gw games more often than I had for a while. I will definitely be in this guild. WAAAGH!!!!!
"team work is essential. it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at." 'umies field manual; page 157, chapter 7
"I am here to kill the heretic and traitor, Bob the puppy kicker" Unnamed Inquisitor
"a ork walkz out of a bar...OI! Ztop wit ya laughin', it kould 'appen..."Unnamed ork boy

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

I'll be there. I'm signed up for the Warpath's, but honestly I think I'd rather be with Waaagh-ers.

I was signed up with Da Warpath as well - but I have not checked back there in a while. I would much rather be with Waaagh-ers as well.

I'll likely go Choppa, as I've got 2 years of hell to pay back to the casters of WAR for the hell they put me through in WoW when I played a Warrior.

I am really excited about the Choppa simply because it is very close to one of my favorite classes from any MMO. If he truly plays like a Brute then he will be too fun of a character to resist playing.

As for paying back casters - I found that it worked the opposite in WoW. I decimated casters with reckless abandon. Although, it helped that I played a gnome warrior with the escape-artist skill, maxed engineering skill with a ton of reflectors and gadgets, and Ashkandi (when BWL first came out). Casters tended to evaporate in a spray of blood about 2 seconds after I hit the charge button and I was extremely hard to root in one place. Of course, the downfall of having a sword that large meant I could not really use my size to my advantage as much when hiding. When you are hiding inside a bush (a favored gnome tactic) and you have a sword the size of a telephone pole sticking up out of the bush it is not as sneaky as you would like.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
I think a Ventrilo server would practically be a must. I would want The WAAAGH to be as organized a band of greenskins as we can manage, and a vent server just makes the game more enjoyable, fun, and fosters a greater sense of community. Also, it's a hell of a lot faster than typing. :D I know next to nothing about getting one started or even what is necessary, but if we really want The WAAAAGH to have a squigs chance in hell at this, we'll have to figure out a way to get a Vent server going. We've got some time though, and I plan to save up some teef to make sure we can do it, and I do my part.

weird al orkavic

weird al orkavic

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
wait, I don't play much mmo (except wow once in a while ) what is a Ventrilo server? wait... just googled it. cant use it than . all "mikes" hate me, they all make my voice sound like a 4th grader`s :bang.
"team work is essential. it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at." 'umies field manual; page 157, chapter 7
"I am here to kill the heretic and traitor, Bob the puppy kicker" Unnamed Inquisitor
"a ork walkz out of a bar...OI! Ztop wit ya laughin', it kould 'appen..."Unnamed ork boy

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
I'm definetly in on this (pending a review). Choppa all the way :thumbs and probably a Black Ork too. This talkin server thing sounds like a good idea as well and I would be willing to pitch in for one. And one more vote for the not to many weedy gits in Da WAAAGH!
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,348 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Sounds good so far ladz. I'm sure we could set up a sub forum here for WAR. A vent server would be one of the things we will need to set up as well. Though I don't know jack about setting one up. I could help throw in some teef if needed to help with the cost. We gonna make Grimteef the guild master? Since he is one of da bosses here? Or should we have a pit fight and see who comes out on top? ;) WAAAGH! da waaagh guilds
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Lady Lu

Lady Lu

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 318 posts
  • Army Name:Morguk's Freebootaz
Orcs being Orcs, a pit fight is the only way to settle who's boss, Hakky. you know that. ;)
"Your stuff belongs to me,
my stuff belongs to me too.
That's the spirit of sharing."

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greata Waaaagh

Since the collector's edition comes with a limited edition greenskin miniature (which looks pretty cool I might add), I will definitely be buying the collector's edition.

I am currently in Closed Beta. It is (at this time) Empire vs. Chaos and High Elf vs Dark Elf, though we are only allowed 12 of the 16 classes so far. Lot of things I like about it over WoW. Few things that still need some tweaks. Graphics are toned down for beta but the few greenskins I've seen here and there as NPCs look very nice. The giant Waaagh tower with a Empire town Mayor being hung by the neck off the top was great :).

In regards to the CE edition, if you order it from Amazon.com it is scheduled to charge your account on Oct 12th. However you immediately get 3 keys. 1 for Open Beta, 1 for some special Character swag when retail goes live and another that lets you play on the LIVE servers a little early so your character is higher level than anyone else (outside of other preorders and folks currently in closed beta) on day 1 of retail.
Duck Blind Miniatures --- Bolter and Chainsword
The Cult of Orange -- none can withstand our......color.

Blakkreaper

Blakkreaper

Da Ladz Wrangler

• Freebooterz
  • 2,409 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Grimgull
I'm interested. If there is a waaagh guild, I'll be there. Maybe for the keeping it green thing we do this: 1) Every member must be a waaagh member or recomended by a waaagh member with at least x posts. maybe make x the same as to join FBH and BMQ, same trust level thing 2) all members must have a 'skin player OR a 'skin alt in the guild/mob. Maximum one on green char in guild per player - no limit on greenskin characters 3) . . . 4) WAAAGH! 5) also, do we let interested green players who arn't in the waaagh in? Ones we reccomemd aside. Finally, the name. I have 3 ideas 1) Da Waaagh! 2) The Waaagh! 3) Waaagh! Waaagh may or may not be allcaps :P

Cheerz to Thork for the Great Avvy.
Let's gross our fingers and sacraface pot Blood Red to Bitz God... [Morhgoz]
I oppose RAW evil; or, more importantly; The Dice Gods oppose RAW evil. [Andrew the Eternal's proppa hiaku]

"Giving Krooza an idea, now prooven to be just as bad as saying 'Go on Dim, rant away!" [Dim Reepa]
"We don't have a Battle Tank. We have a glorified transport that eats people." "like a surgical sledgehammer." [GrogDaTyrant]

Eggnog McTinker

Eggnog McTinker

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
  • Army Name:Eggnog McTinkerz WAAAAGH
Count me in! :) I'll probably be a sneaky-damn-no-good gobbo shaman. Sneaky and magiky is my sort of style. Those stunties won't know what hit 'em! ... WAAAAGH!!
But see, amid the mimic rout
A crawling shape intrude!
A blood-red thing that writhes from out
The scenic solitude!

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Goregob
I'd be interested, always wanted to be involved in a huge Waaagh! :biggrin I'll go find the site now and read up :thumbs although, I have watched many a video on youtube about it, they tell you how it ALL works, combat, levelling up, everything. Name: I vote for "Da Waaagh!" as it sounds more proper. As for keeping it green, what has been suggested so far about friends being allowed sounds good :) You do after all, know these people! A skumgrod sister clan type thing for people who want to be "good" might be cool. And the talking server is a must if we're planning on attacking places/races in force, I've played an online fantasy game before and found it helped ten fold. my only reservation is, that I'm planning on jetting off to travel Australia/New zealand/Tasmania around september time so I don't know if I'll have computer access :( And, as I'll be travelling, I probably won't be in one place for very long (few months at the most!) so setting up net access will be a pain.
Thanks for reading my post.

weird al orkavic

weird al orkavic

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
with the Ventrilo server, will it only be for the people who help pay for it or will it be open to all of us? I would help pay but.... I dont trust the internet with ma cash and I dont have any money to spend as of Saturday (my go into the hobby shop and buy everything with the work ORK on it day). also, PIT FIGHTIN ALL THE WAY!!! That is the only way to solve this. but, will it be in game, will it be a rant(if so we all know Dim wins), will it be in a game of 40k? how will this be done?

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,730 posts
  • Army Name:Freebootaz

with the Ventrilo server, will it only be for the people who help pay for it or will it be open to all of us? I would help pay but.... I dont trust the internet with ma cash and I dont have any money to spend as of Saturday (my go into the hobby shop and buy everything with the work ORK on it day).
also, PIT FIGHTIN ALL THE WAY!!! That is the only way to solve this. but, will it be in game, will it be a rant(if so we all know Dim wins), will it be in a game of 40k? how will this be done?

It's a combat game... whoever wins a PVP fight would presumably be the 'ead 'oncho...
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

GrogDaTyrant

GrogDaTyrant

Mr Angry

• Deathskullz
  • 4,093 posts
  • Army Name:People's Democratic Republic of Federal Democratic Rebuplic of Tyranny!
I like the idea of a pit fight to see who gets stuck with being 'da boss'. Ventrilo servers aren't too hard to set up. Cost is the biggest issue, I believe. There's another Ventrilo-like program we can use. I forgot the name though. As far as name goes. The-Waaagh! or Da-Waaagh! are my top picks. By having it 'The-', it puts a clear connection to our forum without having to put a '.com' in there. Although having the guild name be 'the-waaagh.com' would definitely increase the flow of traffic here.

-In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than four percent of poor people are able to do this.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,348 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
The Vent server would be password protected but be open to all guild members regardless of who pays for it. It is a nice thing to have. Makes communication much easier during a waaagh...and gives me a chance to keep the nickin lootas in check by tellin em their weedy no gud lootin gitz. OK, so we have a fight in game and see who comes out on top to be guildmaster...that is so Orky we have to do it. Can we fight each other in game? Anyone know? If we can then that is the only proppa way to do it. WAAAGH! da lootaz kept in check :choppa
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

GrogDaTyrant

GrogDaTyrant

Mr Angry

• Deathskullz
  • 4,093 posts
They will most likely build some sort of 'duel-system' that allows us to fight each other in 1 on 1. We might have to stand outside of some major city in a circle, and have an organized series of '1 on 1' fights. Although it would be cool if they would put in a mass FFA deathmatch style in-faction duel system... If they don't put in a duel system... we could paper-rock-scissors?

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,730 posts
  • Army Name:Freebootaz
perhaps we should have a contest here to determine the officers/top ranking gits? though a 1v1 is definetly the best approach for guildmaster.
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
Weird Al - I wouldn't worry a lot about how you think your voice sounds over a mike or a speech server. It's good just to have the program because then you can at least hear over your speakers what's going on and what people are saying, even if you don't want to speak on a microphone or don't have one. It will still greatly enhance communication, even if you don't want to speak. You can always answer questions in guild chat so people know that you heard them, and you can always communicate that way as well. As far as paying for it, that's still up in the air, but whatever people can comfortably afford would be good. I think a Pit Fight is a great way to figure it out, though those of us that bought the CE version of the game are gunna have a leg up on the rest of you ladz that don't, since we'll be slightly higher level - and you can bet that we'll be calling for the Pit Fight pretty soon after we're signed on there so ... >:) heh heh! Also, as a shaman, you can bet that even if I don't win, that I'll be bending the ear of the winner and making sure that they know my will... er, I mean the will of Gork and Mork! Yeah, that's it... I would like to be the founder of the guild, though, even if I am not the overall leader. There will likely have to be some officers in the guild as well as the founder and the overall leader. As much as the strong should lead the guild, we need strong leadership and those devoted to the cause and those taht understand the game and mechanics to be at the forefront. As far as the name for the Guild, think also about how it will look when it's floating over your head. Grimteef <The Waaagh> Grimteef <WAAAGH> Grimteef <Da WAAAGH>

Reply to this topic