Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

8E rumors, and what it means for Orks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
869 replies to this topic

spacecooky

spacecooky

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 416 posts
  • Army Name:Snotfoppaz Schnella Haufen

Nope, you need 8" on 2D6 because you only have to get to 1" away not base to base for CC now.

You still need a 9 as you have place your troops more than 9" away.

• Orkimedez likes this

OnlineCodex - An army builder tool

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

You still need a 9 as you have place your troops more than 9" away.

IIRC supporting is within 3" so I guess if you already had a unit in combat you could bring in reserves and only need 6.

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 165 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh

Nope, you need 8" on 2D6 because you only have to get to 1" away not base to base for CC now.

As far as I read it, no. You need to deploy, not at 9", but further than. Meaning that you still need the 9" to charge in.
  • spacecooky likes this

spacecooky

spacecooky

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 416 posts
  • Army Name:Snotfoppaz Schnella Haufen

IIRC supporting is within 3" so I guess if you already had a unit in combat you could bring in reserves and only need 6.

You'll get a 3" move for units already in combat, where you can bind additional enemy units. Does not help the arriving unit if it does not reach combat at all.

Another type of supporting wasn't mentioned yet.

• jackdoud likes this

OnlineCodex - An army builder tool

skarnir

skarnir

Steel Teef

• Blood Axez
  • 677 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR

Maybe we should leave the rules nitpicking until the book/pamphlet is released.

May the Enemies blood on your choppa never dry or your welding torch grow cold!

Ork Tactics by Laughterofthegods

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50985

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,863 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

8E might very well work out great for our group.  Some things simplified, but not to too great of an extent, and not too many things so drastically changed as to make the game unrecognizable as being 40K.

While there is still plenty yet to be seen, I guess I am now at the "cautiously optimistic" stage.     

• CannibalBob, det and Garr like this

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,481 posts

I am excited if only because there are people actually checking this place.  I joined a facebook ork group out of desperation, but I like this place better.

• warhead01, CannibalBob, det and 9 others like this

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 165 posts

I am excited if only because there are people actually checking this place.  I joined a facebook ork group out of desperation, but I like this place better.

So much this
  • CannibalBob likes this

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

The Dark Panzie update yesterday encouraged me a bit. Their transport rules seem useful and their special unit rules that counteract some of the Fishhead Shooting Cheese™ seem effective. Still worried that the rules will enforce a certain style of play as "propper" while making other styles difficult but we'll see soon enough.

• warhead01 likes this

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 165 posts
The profile of the annihilation barge is running around already. It seems, vehicles will be able to charge into combat. That one is going to be weird. Kamikaze trucks anyone?
  • warhead01 likes this

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

We're gonna see a lot more Wrekin' Balls and Grabbin' Klaws back on vehicles again.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Sounds like Deffrollaz might be worthwhile again - just surprised that vehicles aren't given a 'Transport' stat :?

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

I hear you.  This is my favorite internet community, but I have been fairly checked out of 40k (and GW in general) for a while.  Shadow War got me back and the rumors have me hopeful and optimistic.

I still poked my head in here every once in a while, but I play a lot of games and it is hard to justify what limited hobby time I have on something I am not actively playing - even if they are the models I enjoy messing with the most.

• Blakkreaper likes this
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

We're gonna see a lot more Wrekin' Balls and Grabbin' Klaws back on vehicles again.

Good!  Ork vehicles should be littered with those things and we should have reasons to take them other than visual appeal.

• Blakkreaper, jackdoud and Mik McMok the Mek like this
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 820 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz

The profile of the annihilation barge is running around already. It seems, vehicles will be able to charge into combat. That one is going to be weird. Kamikaze trucks anyone?

HELL YEAH! 
i wonder if flyers get to do the same thing. even if in general they don't, i figure it would be awesome to have our dakka jets kamikaze ram somebody on the ground! 

Y'all member good 'ol Killboy?  :love  "can't fly worth zog but e'z da best pilot we got!"  proceeds to crash into target  :thumbs

• jackdoud and Mik McMok the Mek like this

PointBlank

PointBlank

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts
I really want to ram things. It's what gets me excited to play orks even if it never becomes a game changing move

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Starting to wonder if some one at GW hears "Witness me blood bag!" and hears WAAAAAAAAAGH! instead... :biggrin

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Zodgrim Dakathug

Zodgrim Dakathug

Tankbusta Boy

• Goffz
  • 411 posts
  • Army Name:Daka's Ded 'Ardz

I've played 40k off-and-on since 2nd edition and I can say this is easily the most excited I've been for a new edition, ever.

7th was rough, between Mob Rule and a very "meh" codex, I still had fun with my footslogging Goff Green Tide so long as I was paired up with an "appropriate" opponent (i.e. Guard, etc), but physically playing the game was just a slog.

The streamlining in 40k8 looks great and I can't wait to give it a go. My gaming group is similarly hyped. This looks to be a huge improvement across the board.

• skarnir likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I was just thinking about boarding planks. Wonder what they'll do now. Wouldn't ti be cool if Orks in a trukk , in combat, could fight with out getting out... 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

The Northern Ork

The Northern Ork

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 276 posts
  • Army Name:The Dark Warpers

Well Ive been recently coming back to The Waagh... which was so Full of greenskins not so long ago, then all those switching and mixing message boards... But the Few, the Strong, the Greenies are still here.

And on 8th... whatever happens, ill still be playing. I own a gaming store based on board games, ppl come and play our 1500+ game collection. And I hoild GW products in with the rest. And Ive always had fun with the game whatever the Version, and that since 3rd Ed. I guess its the board games, they show me way worse games with way more imbalance then 40k or any GW products, and with Fluff inhexistant.

So lets all hang in their, its a hobby triangle, 3 parts, 1-fluff 2-tactical miniature combat 3- miniatures hobby painting et cetera. And if you like two of the three youre hooked. Well im hooked on all three.

And have any of you guys actually tried the oter miniature wargames..... come on... Warmachine is lackluster, Infnity is plain boring (might as well play D and D on a map) Dead zone and other Mantic games way boring and solely rock paper scissor mechanics.

So in hindsight, warhammer all the way. Oh I am not a full on fanboy, and I still cant believe they flushed fantasy down the drain for AOS, still havent played a game on the new system, and my Skaven are getting itchy. But they've re-adjusted the system and have at least listened to the community, which has not happened since the 90's.

And like I said as a shop owner, I can assure you their has been a change in GW's behaviour, internally as well as what they are showing us. It is a new Games Workshop. Just hope the trend continues. They have returned to the type of business I like to support. Let's hope they stay on course.

My two teef!

TNO

"THIS IS WARPERS TERRITORY" Taken from last transmission from Battle Ship Emperor's Fist, Quadrant Delta Omega Three.