Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

8th edition armylist MADNESS!

- - - - - Torunament fun? as Rick as it gets?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Nuck Fewton

Nuck Fewton

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 54 posts
  • Army Name:Bugsnik's Brass Lads

I don't care for tankhammers but give 'em a shot and let us know how they did. 

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,424 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I don't care for tankhammers but give 'em a shot and let us know how they did. 

Haha. I can say I didn't do well with them, mostly because I had planned to buff them with that WAAAAAGH banner Nob who I dropped from my list.

For an early report I can say beakies still suck, Orks rule and were victorious again. 

I had very little left by turn 4 but my opponent was bogged down in his deployment zone just holding on to his two objectives as best he could.
His little army was nasty and very shooty but lacked any vehicles. His mobility was based on 2 units of scout bikers, 3 models each and 2 unit of flying Nu-Beakies who came in from reserve to land in his deployment zone instead of my own far behind my army. 

I tried out the Dakka Dakka Dakka ability and played Goffs as well. so it was a few extra 6's all around.
My MVP hands down was the Mekka Dread with Bid ZZaappaa...  Very zappy. 

Better report to follow. 
short version movement is key to victory.

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,424 posts

I signed up for the club tournament as an alternate as I just missed one of the last 2 spots.  
I am planning to take the list I just played but have to down size by 250 points. Not a big deal. I'm just planning to play and see what happens and have no competitive aspirations. Hopefully I can play a noob and just have a good time rolling some dice. 
I'm not quite done with my short battle report I think I am half way through it. I did put a video together and will upload it tomorrow morning but I think the written report will be a good supplement to my poor video. 
It's all in good fun anyway. 
I am going to work on my list a bit more and get it sorted and posted. 
More madness soon.

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,424 posts

Just about sorted. Not very competitive but what ever I guess.

Warboss HWKC kustom shoota 66

Weird boy 62

Weirdboy 62

SAG Mek 80

Pain boy power klaw 53

Tankbustas 8 chinork rattler 218 + 28 points (2 Tank Bustas.)  246

Burna boys 8 chinork rattler 218  -28 points (2 burna boys.)  190

Boys trukk 11 kustom shoota  152

Burna Bomba 132

Burna Bomba 132

Blitxa Bomba 134

Blitza Bomba 134

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,424 posts

Small update here.

I've had a fair bit of distraction since my last post. I have made no progress on my battle report but do have a link to the video for younz to see. It's very short and not flashy at all.

I'm painting my second Burna bomba and it's coming along I'll add pictures to my Mek shop thread when it's ready. (Spoiler warning it has a bit of a yellow flame job on it! )

Last things I am thinking about, dropping one of my aircraft for 3 mek gunz to leave in the rear and sorta screen but also use the gunners to take rear objectives but I still think that's a poor idea due to all my moving models. I'm hoping that should I get to play I face one or both of the other Ork players, that would be a blast. It also sounds like the Dakka Dakka Dakka rule will not be allowed as a faction rule in this tournament I asked but received no official reply from the TO. 

If time permits I may fashion 2 more aircraft into Burna Bombas just to watch them explode in the enemy lines and do my dirty work where it may be most effective. ? Could be a blast! I have a hobby day planed with my 30K friends on the 13th so if I can prep two more and get the bases done I may be able to get them both ready for the table... but we'll see.

• Badfang Brassaxe and Nuck Fewton like this