Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orktober begins!

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
636 replies to this topic

greggles

greggles

Dethkopta Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,717 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Yup, they are just packaged like this to sell with the boxes.

gedrekt

gedrekt

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
  • Army Name:Gedrekt's Tredd Headz
Previews of Speed Freeks are going up. The buggies look great, but they sure don't look like $70 models. Two for $70 looks more appropriate to me.

On the other hand the actual game looks better than other GW boxed games, so that could explain why it doesn't seem like it's as good of a deal in terms of models.

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 278 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
Wait what? 150mm bases? And they are supposed to be 1-3. Squadrons? Really?

Let me say it again. 150mm base

Madda Mek

Madda Mek

Flash Git Nob

• Deathskullz
  • 3,501 posts

Wait what? 150mm bases? And they are supposed to be 1-3. Squadrons? Really?

Let me say it again. 150mm base

Actually they have rule ("Speed Mob" was it?) that let You split them, like Carnifexes or Deff Dreads.

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 278 posts

Actually they have rule ("Speed Mob" was it?) that let You split them, like Carnifexes or Deff Dreads.

Well, you realize that is still the same area as an IMPERIAL KNIGHT...rigth? Right? XD

killercroc

killercroc

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 992 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Gitz

It's a vehicle so... just don't put them on the base?

*angry GW fanboi noises*

It's my hobby I can do whatever the hell I want!

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,398 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
I’m reliably informed from Winters’ unboxing video that the bases are slightly smaller than those of the imperial knights.
Hey look, its a blog!
https://redtoof.blogspot.com/

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,459 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
Youll. E expected to put them on bases they ship with.

Regarding the price, the terrain is about $20 by the look of you were going to place a retail price. The bikers are $84. You then split the other $60 between the buggies. My bet is the retail models run $40 each.

Shagga

Shagga

Swab Squig

• Grotz
  • 79 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh! Shagga

Youll. E expected to put them on bases they ship with.

People can expect whatever they want. My vehicles don't go on bases.

• Lexington and Badfang Brassaxe like this

Madda Mek

Madda Mek

Flash Git Nob

• Deathskullz
  • 3,501 posts

People can expect whatever they want. My vehicles don't go on bases.

are there other non-walker/flyer vehicles that go on bases?

No?

So I'm not gonna base mine either.

gedrekt

gedrekt

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
  • Army Name:Gedrekt's Tredd Headz
I'm going to put mine on bases, but I expect to be allowed to pop them up on two wheels whenever I want to fit through tight spaces, Kirby the Love Bug style.
  • Shagga likes this

greggles

greggles

Dethkopta Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,717 posts

Summary of reports.  (note, these are all based on rumors, cept for the dragster/rivet buggy which have prime data sheets)

Dragsters = amazing in game.  "A+" Everyone loved them.  The teleporting around the board was incredible and really caused some havoc.  It's difficult for most opponents to maintain "deep strike" buffers for multiple turns, so eventually you can sneak the dragster into firing at a key target (like an exposed character).

Rivet buggy was ok.  "C" The rivet hitting on 5's makes it far less effective then it would appear.  Main ability was just burning up screens.  Bit of an odd thing having the ram, but not having a CC weapon (besides default S and A).  The dragster, which you never want to be in combat, has a CC weapon.

Warboss on the trike was meh overall. "C-" Good at killing light infantry.  His weapon range was so short, by the time you can shoot something, you want to assault it anyway, so its kinda of a toss up to not want to use the guns so you don't reduce effective charge range.  The trike boss's main purpose was just allowing vehicles to advance and charge.  The vehicles were so fast that this wasn't an issue in any of my three games.  (played vs fish'ead, space wolves, and deathguard).  Zhardsnark still a much better warboss if you don't need the aura.

I used the evil sunz clan trait first, followed by the death skullz twice.  Love love love the death skullz.  I think its going to be my go to.

• Shagga, gedrekt and Madda Mek like this

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 278 posts
I have been thinking what to do with my old buggies. Thanks I only own 3!

I believe I found the perfect solution for them. I will base all 3 (or 2 if don't fit) in a 150mm and call them...swarm of buggies! As such they can count as any of the new ones xD

Madda Mek

Madda Mek

Flash Git Nob

• Deathskullz
  • 3,501 posts

Summary of reports.  (note, these are all based on rumors, cept for the dragster/rivet buggy which have prime data sheets)

Dragsters = amazing in game.  "A+" Everyone loved them.  The teleporting around the board was incredible and really caused some havoc.  It's difficult for most opponents to maintain "deep strike" buffers for multiple turns, so eventually you can sneak the dragster into firing at a key target (like an exposed character).

I used the evil sunz clan trait first, followed by the death skullz twice.  Love love love the death skullz.  I think its going to be my go to.

Da Mek Dok: Morky, iv Me kalkulatiunz ar korrikt, wen diz baby hitz 88 on dat dial... we gonna see sum seriouz squigdropz!

I can see how teleportating AT gun can be totally broken.

GOOD.

On the other hand, cool to see DeffSkullz are good. I wonder what is their Klan strat...

greggles

greggles

Dethkopta Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,717 posts

The rumored clan strat for death skullz is

6++ to everything.  Reroll one to hit, to wound, or damage roll in the shooting and fight phase per unit.

I find the 6++ to reduce the slack of needing to baby sit everything with a KFF (at least you always have a chance of a save), and the one reroll per unit is great if you play more elite style armies like myself.  It really reduces your cp drain and lets you save it for important things.

I tried evil sunz.  I think that would be good for a outrider detachment with zhard and some teleporting buggies.  Bad moonz is horrible book keeping (need a dice app to use it).  Same with goffs.  Def need a dice app.  Rolling 80+ attacks, then doing the goff krumpy krump krump makes the ork CC phase even longer. 

Bad moonz though is just hair pulling.

Roll to hit.  Reroll 1's.  Any 6's (dakkadakkadakka) generate additional "shots".  Roll these shots.  If you roll a 1 with them, reroll that.  It's rerolling and rerolling and rerolling.  It's a complaint only from a book keeping perspective.  From a gaming perspective, I don't think there is a better clan trait for a shooty army.  

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 283 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

Rerolls and additional shots generated make it wonky, that is true.

If I get an army up that I can play I plan on just testing the traits.

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 165 posts
Would you repaint your stuff to deathskullz, or just leave them yellow?