Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

da Mad Grot builds a trukk

* * * * * 1 votes #trukk #flakkadakka

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

OOooooo... thanks for the pic, Z. I've not seen that before. Those are some big-ass mechanical sights. That gives me some more ideas for detailing! I had some bitz for sights, but they've just been tossed in favor of something far more outlandish like this real-world example. :lol

And yeah, much to everyone's relief, I am just getting started on the gunz. And there's more good news. Today I realized that the cab was bumping the edges of the gunz on rotation and it occurred to me that I had pushed the bed too far forward. An easy mistake to fix and I've now got almost an additional quarter inch to pack gunz into! Woot!

Building hopper boxes for the mini-gunz now. I promise the next update will be visually more exciting. :biggrin

• Zagursnik and Mik McMok the Mek like this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts

Flakka Dakka Trukk, Moar Dakka Edition...

trukk_05.jpgOkay, I'm real proud... uh chuffed... with how this turned out. Not to say that I won't add glyphage or other tidbits of detailing, but the turret and gunz are done (minus final gluing) and I'm  happy with 'em. I think they'll even pop more after paint which will bring up some of the odd details (like the fire extinguisher), although that's probably a couple weeks away (given other projects getting in the way).

• DocNuK, Orkimedez, Zagursnik and 7 others like this

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Excellent job Mad Grot - amazing how many builds can be sorted with moar dakka :thumbs

• Mad Grot Docsnik likes this

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,419 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

looking sweet Mad Grot!

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,558 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

:thumbs Weatherman predicts a slight chance of Dakka in the air tonight! Good stuff going on there Mad Grot. Great work on the sights. Sorry to give you more work than you already have, but  that grot carrying the blunderbuss sorta pointed down,  ( Double checking grots that I have access to there's with both hands on a wrench that would work better w/ less work.) with a little bit of work that might turn into a shovel or a broom & you could have him on the deck somewhere in a pile os spent shell casings.

• Mad Grot Docsnik, Badfang Brassaxe and Mik McMok the Mek like this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts

Nice one, Z. I have several of those grots and have done very similar things with them like...

shovels

ObjectiveMarker1_05.jpg

and sticks

InvalidBob17.jpg

Broom is a gud'n. The trick will be positioning him so he doesn't interfere with the rotation of the turret. He might have to get stuck on behind the gunners chair.

Now I owe you for three good suggestions on this build. :thumbs

• Orkimedez, chaoshead87, Badfang Brassaxe and 1 other like this

Waaagh_Baron

Waaagh_Baron

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 379 posts
  • Army Name:Kaptain MOREgunnzz Waaaagh

I'm liking the Dakka Wagon build.

The Best Custom Track and Wheel can be bought here:

http://stores.ebay.c...Skulls-Industry

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 598 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
That is well shooty. There's no comparison between the new version and the original. That's some good mekkin!
"Parry the 6!"

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,146 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

Very cool, MGD. :dakka  :dakka  :dakka  :cheers  I hope you find some Goffs to practice on. :thumbs

Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts

Flakka dakka gun painted up...

trukk_06.jpg

Got some boyz into the copy trukk bed, but no pics of that progress.

• armored walker, DocNuK, derry and 6 others like this

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,146 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

Very impressive, MGD. :thumbs  I'd say you could hit the broadside of a Goff with that set-up. :dakka  :dakka  :yes

Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

good classic colors.

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,419 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

looks way kool

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

Maynard

Maynard

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 1 posts
e

Very impressive Bathmate X40 pics MGD. :thumbs  I'd say you could hit the broadside of a Goff with that set-up. :dakka  :dakka  :yes

The Dakka Wagon looks so cool.

• Mad Grot Docsnik and Mik McMok the Mek like this

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

I want to see the bed full of boyz!

Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts

Workin on that now, CBob. Things have gotten crazy around here lately and I've only got three boyz in the bed so far. There's an amazing amount of cutting and fitting that has to happen. I remember Kr00zA doing a similar thing and didn't expect this much fiddling around.

It is my intent to get the rest done this week. Pics as soon as I have some progress worth showing.

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

Oh, I understand how and why it would be so much work.  That is why I am so interested to see it.  It is a great idea - if it turns out that I end up playing again in 8th ed then I may do this as well for transports.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts

'ere's wot I've got so far. Boyz one thru four are glued in and five and six (still armless) are just standing in for positioning purposes. I am figuring I can fit another two or three boyz. Maybe four with some extreme mods (like hanging off the sides). Note to self: I should include at least one grot.

So boyz three and four were quite fiddly because they are interacting with part of the truk that they can't be glued to. And all of the first four still need some filling and fixing (note that four is missing a thumb).

trukk_07.jpgStill much to do, but I figured I'd toss up a WIP for yez.

• Sproston Green, chaoshead87, Zagursnik and 2 others like this

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

I like it so far!

It is surprising to see how many models you can pack into the space on the trukk when they are not stuck on their bases.

orkdom

orkdom

Flash Git

• Deathskullz
  • 1,064 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz

Really fantastic AA mount, and I too am fairly impressed by the number of boyz you've fit onto the bed, there! Not sure it would quite make it to 11 and a Nob, but still looking pretty good, heh. Definitely do a couple hanging over the edges or off the sidewall (even hanging off the gunner's cage), taking swipes at passing skumgrodz and tossin' around stikkbommz. And, yes, a couple gretchin as well.

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.