Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Flashgit Warboss

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

So there I was choking down a coffin nail rummaging through my bits box when boom! :choppa like the hand for Mork upside my head inspiration hits. My eyes jump back and forth between a Blackreach Bob and a pile of shootas. We all know how much I like flashgitz :dakka :dakka :dakka (cue links to several build threads) 

So out comes the trusty blade, a few twists and turns of the pin vice, couple drops of cyanoacrylate & of course kneadatite (always need lots of that. :yes)

And whammmo

Beakie dread leg, leg extension on the other side.

IMG_5074_zpsviiv7brc.jpg

Beakie dread arm w/ a Kromlech klawIMG_5075_zpsm6knhoqi.jpg

IMG_5078_zpssqyk0mrq.jpg

Now you might ask yourself, Who needs that much dakka :? pftt. Who doesn't :!

IMG_5076_zpsuqwmrkzm.jpg

Plans are to flesh out the arm, probably box in the hand and worky bitz & hydraulics.

IMG_5077_zpsfxdbgfoq.jpg

The head doesn't look so tiny in real life. my the camera phone kept wanting to focus on the klaw.

IMG_5079_zpsr4sc1qih.jpg

I also plan on adding straps/chains from his shoulder to the snazzgun maybe even a tracked some sorta something or other.

:cheers

• Dim_Reapa, chaoshead87, Badfang Brassaxe and 3 others like this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,141 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

You can never have enough dakka. :soap  :dakka  :nono  :cheers

I know you are still W.I.P., but any thoughts on his back? I can almost see an ammo-belt leading back to a hopper. Cabling might be interesting too.

Thanks for sharing.  :yes

Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,748 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

:lol can ya get any more barrels on that thing!?! Awesome. And I never woulda thought a beakie dread leg would be small enough to do for a boss' leg, but there ya have it. Proppa :thumbs

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 286 posts

I dunno...I think it's a little light in gunz... ;)

This looks fantastic so far.  I especially enjoy the pose, which I think ties it all together fairly nicely.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

@Sproston - Yeah I've been pondering some kind of belt feed. I like the hopper idea too. Will also need room for some power source too. I do have in mind though that he's just gunna be a walking mountain.

@ Mad Grot - it looked a bit wonky at first, then I lengthened the other leg & it fit better.

@Snarknit- Don't say that, I'm liable to add more just to see if I can.

"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,533 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Now dat's a Kombishoota  :thumbs Don't know if you'd think it worth metalling up his wristband and inserting a couple of insulated copper wire hydraulic cylinders between the wristband and the backs of the dakka to help his wrist out a bit :?

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

Got some more cobbling done. Built up the ammo feed.

IMG_5082_zpsbpud9xxp.jpg

And started laying out the arm. @ Badfang, some of the bitz I added to the snazzgun have obscured the hand which is good, but I also plan on making it a bit of a box like glove such as are on the MANz

IMG_5086_zpstlqrosnk.jpg

That hydraulic boy will sit flat against the triceps/elbow area. I'll also see about cabling & hydraulics on the front of the arm, maybe directly into the stock of the snazzgun. depends on the room.

Heres how it will look.

IMG_5083_zps1llvy6gl.jpg

Gasp:! Whats that :?A tank track boot :eek 

IMG_5085_zpsuoo8ltlb.jpg

:yes, Yes it is

• Mad Grot Docsnik likes this

"And wut's dat Boss?"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,748 posts

Love the tank track boot and I am looting that sooooo thoroughly.

The belt feed is good, but it seems to me that it would be better originating at his lower back. I.e. twist the box bit almost 90 degrees and drop it down to the small of his back. The arc of the feed would be more natural and the hopper box could sit on top of it to the left of the half-loop cable thingy on the box bit. Just a thought.

Good stuff. Carry on.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,141 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

Is there a cure for tread foot? Perhaps an ointment? Still pretty neat.  :thumbs

Where did you get the belt from?  :?

Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

@ Sproston- sadly for the life of a grot I can't seem to find it. One of the gitz on this forum made & sold them though. Well worth whatever it was he charged. The material is almost rubbery so this is quite a lot you can do as far as movement & manipulation of them. Very bummed I can't give the lad a shout out though, these have been one of the coolest things someone on here has made.

@ Mad Grot- You were right. Thanks for that. It did work better flipped over like that and also gives me more room for some of the other things I want to do on his back. I also cut that piece up though & re-oriented it so that those hose go down now rather than up.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,141 posts

Ahh, too bad. :(

I thought maybe they were from Zinge Industries. (armored walker referenced them in his "Punks not dead" thread.) They do some neat stuff including ammo belts. :yes

WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

Just when you thought it was safe to poke your head from behind cover MORE DAKKKA :dakka :dakka :dakka Ok not really but did dress a couple of the barrels and added a neat little flashing thingy

IMG_5092_zpszznv02rs.jpg

IMG_5093_zpsc6xni2un.jpg

A  big influence for this are the old metal Deff Skulls, with the giant shoulder mounted multibarrel shootaz. thy had all kinds of ammo drums and hand cranks> just really nice details they gave them a lot of character.

IMG_5094_zpslasq67sl.jpg

Added plating to the klaw arm. That spiked bit doesn't really still out, there is a gap but the whole thing is tilted so its at a slant to the shoulder and sits sorta sideways.

• Mad Grot Docsnik and Garslag like this

"And wut's dat Boss?"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,533 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

And now I'd be looking at putting a crane on his back to 'help' support the weight :lol Looks more proppa every time you post a new update :thumbs

• Zagursnik likes this

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,748 posts

Yeah, I'm going to make a flakka-dakka gun for the trukk I'm assembling and I'm using this as inspiration. :lol

• Zagursnik likes this

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

Little bitz coming along here and there. The

back assembly

IMG_5098_zpsocdqyqtp.jpg

Work on the gun arm. I'm waiting on a shipment of that danky green so I can fill in the gaps, but the goal will be to keep as much flesh showing as I can and add some in spots.

IMG_5101_zpsw6mn8aax.jpg

You'll notice I shaved that thumb off. I've always planned on encasing that all in, but I had managed to cut a beakie flamer in half length wise and got this nice little bit out of it but I'll mount there and wanted things to still be a bit flush.

IMG_5102_zps6wnuepwv.jpg

IMG_5100_zpsrlxapb9u.jpg

Added a bit of sprocket as a gap filler

IMG_5103_zpsezhf4dtg.jpg

The boss pole (s)

IMG_5099_zps8azdkm93.jpg

No thats not another gun barrel. It's the gitfinda you gits :lol

IMG_5104_zpsire6v1jy.jpg

The fuel tank from that flamer made a good addition to the power plant. The other half of that gauge bit is on there too.

IMG_5105_zpstkwcqlxf.jpg

Now get back work :whip

• Sproston Green likes this

"And wut's dat Boss?"

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

Added an integrated gitfinda  into the head.

IMG_5115_zpsoe5efn16.jpgIMG_5116_zps4iiqdq05.jpg

And started working on a base and how that will play itself out. My plan for the arm was to make it mechanical looking enough to seem that it might actually be strong enough to hold the snazzgun so rather than having to put out some sort of tripod, which aside from the aesthetics would actually help the model stand up right, I'm thinking I can add some washers under the base to counter balance the extra weight.

With the discrepancies in leg lengths it does kind of give him a gangster lean as if the recoil is knocking him back, even raising his foot off the ground some.

IMG_5117_zpslhavov0c.jpg

Note the added shoulder plates, mail skirt & jolly ork belly plate.

FREEBOOTERS FOR LIFE:! :dakka :dakka :dakka

• Sproston Green, Mad Grot Docsnik, chaoshead87 and 2 others like this

"And wut's dat Boss?"

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

So I slapped on all the green stuff I could onto the warboss and while it was drying I got to thinking. A snazzgun that big, no :nono way 3 ammo runts could keep it fed. That many barrels, always in the thick of the fight :dakka you'd need full boyz and a nob. At the least.

The nob

IMG_5122_zpsxn94ibyw.jpg

IMG_5123_zpshmht0xgb.jpg

radio operator, ya know to call for more ammo

IMG_5127_zpsbv3ijflf.jpg

Couple of tank bustaz, cuz ya know...tanks. Just added a pack & and ammo belt. nothing major.

IMG_5125_zpsgbmmejcx.jpg

IMG_5124_zpspbxtwzvi.jpg

Now for the load bearers.

IMG_5120_zpsnwppwlpd.jpgIMG_5121_zps4ikhliuu.jpg

Managed to cram an ammo box under his arm. Its the one being dragged by a grot that comes with the flashgitz box set I think.

IMG_5129_zpseiixaeyu.jpgIMG_5130_zpsehsfmah6.jpg

With a little cut & paste I managed to get a FW ammo box under this ladz arm w/ Kromlech running legs & armored torso.

And who can't use another heavy machine gun :?

IMG_5126_zps7jb7py8e.jpg

A grot did manage to sneak his way into the group but I was at my picture limit for 1 post to he got the chop :choppa

He's one of the old old plastic ones w/ the autogun. w/ just a umie backpack added to him.

• Mad Grot Docsnik, chaoshead87 and Snarknit Grokguzz like this

"And wut's dat Boss?"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,748 posts

These are really quite amusing when you put them in context. I especially like the one who's running (as if to catch up before one of the boss' hammers starts clicking on empty chambers). The trailing tin cup and bouncing backpack adds to the sense of motion.

• Zagursnik likes this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 286 posts

This is going to be a fun model to play with, and show off at games!  I love the creativity. The ammo pack on his shoulders is a nice touch

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

This is going to be a fun model to play with, and show off at games! 

Sadly if this ever sees a gaming table it'll be because my wife has left me (probably too many models :eek) and I had to sell it to make ends meet. I've never really played the game just enjoy building things. I daughters are pretty amazed by it though so that goes a long way. :thumbs

Trying to get some decent pics of the finally assembly. And I was still finding bitz to add even then. :lol

• Mad Grot Docsnik, KillFalcon and Badfang Brassaxe like this

"And wut's dat Boss?"