Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Green'unz thredd

* * * - - 1 votes BloodAxe Slapshootaz

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,503 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Taking just my BloodAxes over to Lenton for da WaaaghMeet so I need more boots on the ground(ish). Got some pre-assembled slugga boyz off ebay, thought about using them as is, looked at 'em

standard%20sluggaz_zpsm75rllmk.jpg

then got the dremel out

1hackjob_zpsm10n8sbh.jpg

and then sent 'em to da painboy to sort out

3blobbed_zpswixnraiz.jpg

and their arms went off to da mekboyz

2dakkaxes_zpspt2nmvv3.jpg

A bit more Milliput round the bottom 'arfs

4bottomed_zps6l0haqya.jpg

before a few gob-jobs and their arms were ready for going back on

5armed_zps6ef9bqak.jpg

Then some sleeves and a bit of work on their backs before shoving some tin crates into the wet Milliput

6backed_zpsq3sge9xo.jpg

finished off with more Milliput for some backpacks and a dose of primer to see if dey're any good

7primered_zpsannt121o.jpg

I'm reasonably 'appy wiv 'em so far :biggrin

• Mad Grot Docsnik, DocNuK, Orkimedez and 4 others like this

Garslag

Garslag

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

Looking good, I've always liked those shoota-axes.  Always meant to build some for me own blood axes one day, never quite got around to it though.

"Parry the 6!"

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,132 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

Very cool shootas, Badfang. :thumbs

I can't say I've seen this pulled off before with orks. It does remind of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" a little and in a good way. :yes

Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,503 posts

Thanks chaps, Garslag - it's only taken me about :blush years to make a unit of them, Sproston - I only saw the first series of Agents, struck me as a bit meh but if they've got stuff reminiscent of Orks wiv Dakkaxes running round in the show then it's probs about time I gave it another go :thumbs

Got another half dozen ready for primer

710%20preprimer_zpsygntelry.jpg

and another four not too far off

711%20nearlyprimer_zpsaltoq1uo.jpg

This threat's going too easy..... :scowl

• Sproston Green, KillFalcon and Karfang Toofstealer like this

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,541 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

Is it beards you added to the heads?

I do like them though :thumbs very dynamic poses. Lots of character. Gives new meaning to "if the gun won't work you can always hit them with it."

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

KillFalcon

KillFalcon

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 105 posts
  • Army Name:'Eavy Metal Thundar

Is it beards you added to the heads?

I do like them though :thumbs very dynamic poses. Lots of character. Gives new meaning to "if the gun won't work you can always hit them with it."

Looks like bigger, more pronounced, jaws.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,503 posts

Thanks for the replies chaps, Zagursnik - saw 'BloodAxes' and automatically thought 'beardy' huh? Ta for putting him straight KillFalcon :thumbs

The seven I did originally http://www.the-waaag...=50690&p=667551 had Kromlech heads on them coz I was looking for something with a bit less 'same old familiar GW ork faces' look to them. Then, when I did my nobzbiker mob I ended up having to convert a boyz head to a nobz head (FW only give your four in the kit - includes the GW one with the bike kit) and then sort out the painboyz gob, and they went well enough that I thought I'd do a few more :biggrin

So, fourteen ready fer paint

RFP1_zpsxucaido6.jpg

and the other nine looking for sleeves, backpacks and gubbins

RFS_zpsxonirxsq.jpg

The build parts taking nowhere near as long as expected (intermittent internet did probably help :lol ) so I thought I'd best roll out my 'B' threat

gWW1_zpshsiatxjd.jpg

MOAR CHOPPAZ

• Sproston Green, Mad Grot Docsnik, Zagursnik and 3 others like this

Garslag

Garslag

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
New faces look great!
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,503 posts

Cheers Garslag, I went rummaging in my bitzbox for sticky on bitz the other day and came across an old mek, remembered what you and others had said about sticking new arms on old models so I thought I'd give it a go as well (any excuse for a ride on da bandwaggon :lol )

8mekboy_zpsgfelgfbu.jpg

Was lucky enough to find an old combishoota and knocked up a quick toolbox - have to see if I can remember how I used to paint orks' skin now :?

And talking of paint

8Payayaint_zpslfxpyfbz.jpg

Pay-yay-yaint  :dakka  :dakka  :dakka

Started on their uniforms but had a bit of trouble with my pneumatic paintbrush so the results are a bit variable

8SingleTroopa_zpsqhipt7yq.jpg 

I've only done the base paint on the uniforms so far and the colours are all over the place, still they're BloodAxes so they have to wear uniforms but they're also orks so they don't all have to be the same uniform ;)

Wezzie's come a bit further too

8Wezzy_zpsjoywgfag.jpg

Working on the sliding doors and the landing gear at the moment.

• Mad Grot Docsnik, Zagursnik and PointBlank like this

Waaagh_Baron

Waaagh_Baron

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 379 posts
  • Army Name:Kaptain MOREgunnzz Waaaagh

Wow that is amazing detail you get from milputty.

The Best Custom Track and Wheel can be bought here:

http://stores.ebay.c...Skulls-Industry

Garslag

Garslag

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
That mekboy looks badass. That's derry's innovation you're using there, and don't tell him I said so but I think you pulled it off even better than he did - perfect choice of model. This old mekboy is beefy enough at the top end that the arms look really quite natural on him.
"Parry the 6!"

derry

derry

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 437 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

That mekboy looks badass. That's derry's innovation you're using there, and don't tell him I said so but I think you pulled it off even better than he did - perfect choice of model. This old mekboy is beefy enough at the top end that the arms look really quite natural on him.

Agreed. The characterful metal models of second edition are a gold mine to work with. This guy looks great. (BTW, not my innovation, just the latest to post a pics with new arms on old.)

PointBlank

PointBlank

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts

These really are great sculpts, full of character. I love these bloodaxes who've put on a uniform, made themselves look like a proper soldier, then charged into close combat with enough ferocity to make a goff proud. (also, I am another who stumbled into the innovation of new arms on old models a while back, but no cool metal minis just the early plastic kits)

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts

Inspiring to say the least.............

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,503 posts

Cheers guys, Waaagh Baron - I find Milliput a lot easier to shove around than p-card :lol

Garslag and derry - I had originally considered doing an L-shaped cut down across his shoulders and then back from under his chin with a view to bringing him more in line with the current height of boyz but you're either using RT models or you're butchering them :(

Pointblank - even BloodAxes get furious charge, these guys are just furiouser :cheers

Gun_wun - looking forwards to see if they're inspiring enuff :thumbs

So I've been blocking in colours - THE most tedious bit of any bulk paintjob

mob%20blocked_zpsqsksn72z.jpg

My 'hairspray' DPM didn't work (news just in - Plan A didn't work :rolleyes ) so plan B involved bits of sponge and tweezers

IMG_1165_zpsaqiznrzg.jpg

and to try to cut down on any more surprises I've sent one ahead for his oil washes

IMG_1168_zpsgb9xmzxc.jpg

See if any nasties occur while he's drying out >:

• Sproston Green, Mad Grot Docsnik and DocNuK like this

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,711 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

The more I see of these guys, the more I like them, BB. They've been lumps of plastic for me up until now, but they are taking on life as you move through your paint process. The poses are starting to gel for me and the faces are starting to pop out. This is going to be a stand-out unit when it is complete.

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Karfang Toofstealer

Karfang Toofstealer

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 51 posts
  • Army Name:Karfang's Krusade
These are so charachterful, those shoota choppaz are badass

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,503 posts

Thanks chaps - chuffed they're doin' it for you, and specially for Mad Grot here's some more (hopefully) not lumps of plastic ;)

11%20more%20done_zpsgshdsnh3.jpg

I could definitely have gone another highlight or two on the belts and strapping, and I've probs overcompensated a bit for the light colours of the original uniforms - have to see how long the oil washes take to go off.

Ten more to go :biggrin

• Mad Grot Docsnik and Karfang Toofstealer like this

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,711 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Um, yeah, well, on re-reading my comment it came out a lot more negative than I meant. :blush I fully appreciate the amount of effort these boyz have required with all the posing and gs-ing and wotnot, and in no way intended to disrespect that. But these really have transformed with paint into a whole, unified, as blood axes should be, in clothing, intent, and insanity.

They look great. What do you mean by "go off" when referring to the oil washes? I'm one of those guys that would pick up one of your boyz and examine him six inches from my nose before the game just to see how they were painted.  Oh, I'm polite and I ask first, but I like to see up close when it comes to cool minis. :biggrin

• Zagursnik likes this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Garslag

Garslag

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 490 posts
It's the faces that i love. You won't catch me saying a bad word about the gw ork heads, but they have a consistent look which after 15 years is fairly tired.

Your wide jaws hearken back to older ork (and orc) designs. They particularly put me in mind of one of Brian Nelsons first whfb orcs. Even the old goff nobz used to have those wide jaws. I'd like to try this myself but I'd probly stuff it up.
"Parry the 6!"