Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Askari Legion Boys/Nobs/Flash Gits/Yoofs

- - - - - Askari Legion Boyz Nobs Flash Gits Yoofs

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

Placeholder for latest pictures.

IMG_7238.png

• chaoshead87, skarnir and Mik McMok the Mek like this

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

Each tray has 6 cells, which each hold 30 choppa or 30 shoota boys or 6 special weapons (rokkits and big shootas) and 12 nobs mostly with magnetized arms. Each set of three cells has the bases painted the same and will part of the clan-affiliated "Korps". Each unit of elites has a similar base color and are part of the Korps.

Sorry the pictures are not that clear, but they are an overview of where I am at after months of organization, cleanup, rebasing some, drilling heads for pegs for greenstuff fezzes, painting touchup, barrel drilling, repairs, base puttying and painting, etc., etc., etc.

In the spoilers below are 5 trays of boys (and nobs) making 780 total that fit into one of my 20 gallon fliptop bins. There are 4 more trays of older boyz (count as Yoofs.) The lower pictures of 4 trays have 30 Rogue Trader shoota yoofs, 30 Gorkamorka choppa yoofs, and 30 Goff choppa yoofs (2nd Ed.)

I have about 300-400 more choppa boys not pictured, that should be sold or excessed somehow. They were to be organized as huge Green Tide units, but I am less sure that is a reasonable idea.

Note: Some of the cells with nobs have bags of what looks like assault cannons. They are some of the magnetized arms for Flash Gits. I am slowly magnetizing at least 10 nobs in each Korp to allow for snazzgun arms.

In the final lower right hand cell of the last picture are 30 super runts (Gorkamorka bodies with fantasy goblin heads.) These were for use back in 3rd edition when Zodgrod Wartsnagga allowed for super runts.

Spoiler Summary: Tray by tray view of the boyz

Spoiler

I promise to take pictures of each unit, as I get them in better shape.

• Snarknit Grokguzz and Mik McMok the Mek like this

KillFalcon

KillFalcon

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 106 posts
  • Army Name:'Eavy Metal Thundar
I think, and I know this sounds crazy, but I think you have enough Boys. Hell of a collection!
  • Snarknit Grokguzz and Mik McMok the Mek like this

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 632 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
How do you come to have such prodigious amounts of everything? Ysabel you taken possession of a lesser waaagh or two? It's hard to imagine even you sitting down to assemble 30 boxes of boyz...
"Parry the 6!"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Holy ...!!!

Words fail. That is more boyz than I could paint in... well, ever.

Noice. And nice organization too.

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Lotz<Ordz<derry

Datz not a Waaagh, datz an empire :thumbs

• Garslag and Mik McMok the Mek like this

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

How do you come to have such prodigious amounts of everything? Ysabel you taken possession of a lesser waaagh or two? It's hard to imagine even you sitting down to assemble 30 boxes of boyz...

I bought a bunch of painted Ork models (and boys) over the years 2002 or so till 2006 and a tiny bit more over the last few years. The bikes and koptas are almost completely assembled, modded, and painted by me. But yes, it has gotten a bit crazy.

Most recent progress. This is an example of the further magnetization of the each unit of 12 nobs (2 for the boyz units and 10 for a nob squad.) This unit still needs a lot of fixes, such as silvering up the weapons (since I don't like blood on weapons) and more fezzes. I probably will make a few more touchups to get them to look like a matching unit, but the base color and the final shoulder pads will do that too. The two nobs on the lower right are from all choppa units that I am thinking of putting together with the left over choppa boys.

Spoiler Summary: Nob unit with modular arms

Spoiler

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

I am unifying this thread with my old nob/flash gits thread

Spoiler Summary:

By 24 NOV 2015, I had rebased 99 nobs (even more by now.)

The first couple pictures show the rebased nobs and my lootas and burnas at that time

The next couple pictures show banner nobs and some arms. The banner arms are magnetized now (JAN 2017)

The next couple show a bunch more magnetized arms (which seem so quaint now that I have made hundreds more)

The next couple show snazzgun arms and nobs with them installed

The last picture shows a bunch more arms

Spoiler

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

Datz not a Waaagh, datz an empire :thumbs

Well my Orks are meant to be a legion, the Askari Legion, and to form the basis of an empire.

All insanity aside, I have done some organization and plan to call each clump of Orks a Korps, made up of 30 choppa, 30 shoota, 6 special (rokkit & BS), 12 nobs, 90 yoofs, and various other units all with the same base color. Just like Soviets in WW2 called their units a size larger than they would be from other countries, my Orks are doing the same, just not limiting themselves to only one size larger. Of course, this sounds insane too. :blush

• Mad Grot Docsnik and Garslag like this

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

Spoiler Summary: Nob shoota arms, first batch

Since power klaw nobs with sluggas don't get extra attack in close combat, might as well change their slugga to a shoota. This is my first batch of nob arms with shootas. I will also use some arms with kombi shootas, removed the kombi part, and maybe make them modular.

Spoiler

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts

I didn't know they'd done that >: Oh well, Orks innit :sowhat

It looks a bit late now but when I've done that trick in the past I've found it easier to cut both guns at the back of the magazines and glue a shoota front to a slugga back end (trigger group?) and then glue the slugga fronts to the shoota back ends for use on the slugga boyz with 'in mid-cut' choppa arms - tends to give a better fit between the hands and guns.

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

I didn't know they'd done that >: Oh well, Orks innit :sowhat

It looks a bit late now but when I've done that trick in the past I've found it easier to cut both guns at the back of the magazines and glue a shoota front to a slugga back end (trigger group?) and then glue the slugga fronts to the shoota back ends for use on the slugga boyz with 'in mid-cut' choppa arms - tends to give a better fit between the hands and guns.

Yeah, your method also does not have the odd long handle that mine do (which looks wierd.) I am even thinking of drilling out the slugga barrels that fits a snug pin attached to a shoota barrel. Then I could just shove the longer barrel into one of the many slugga arms I already have.

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts

And that would also work :bang

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

Spoiler Summary: Core of the Fire Korps, 30 shoota boys, 30 choppa boys, 12 Nobs (modular for any weapons and as flash gits), and 6 special weapons.

Progress this time was getting greenstuff fez for the models that had peg heads (waiting for fezzes), and tearing off the left (only) support arms for the shoota boys. All the models will get saurus shields (from fantasy). The goal is to have one set of boys that can be ard boys or normal boys depending on what I call the shields.)

Spoiler

Need to paint the fezzes, finish the shields, and install the shields. I should probably touch up the paint jobs before I install the shields since these are very rough paint jobs right now. Only a few have teef painted, which is a fast and high visibility improvement.

The temple guard shields are the ones with built in arms, and the reason why I tore off the left support arms. But even with the shield arms trimmed, the fit is not so good. The gap is mostly covered by the shield, but I am tempted to put a spot of greenstuff on each arm to fill the gap. I may even drill and pin all the arms too. The effort will be worth it, but these have taken a lot of work to get to this point and they are still not ready for the tabletop in my fully painted club.

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

Forgot to mention that I have two more Korps based on boys, for a total of 12 boys-based Korp with 7-8 sets of yoofs to add to the 12 Korps.

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

I don't know, Killfalcon.....I just don't see it. I think he needs a few more boyz to fill out the empty spaces in this force....

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

First picture: Tide Korps, Bad Moons (will probably expand with more boys for use in defunct Green Tide formation)

Second picture: Bad Hombres Freikorps, Freeboota Bad Moon-affiliated mercenaries/pirates

(will fill out shoota ranks with more 2nd edition metal boys with modern plastic arms)

Third picture: Close up of the nobs in the Bad Hombres Freikorps, with the very cool sombreros from Puppets War.

(all the nobs will get sombreros, so some nob heads will be replaced)

Fourth picture: Picture of my sets of magnetized flash gits arms for use on the nobs from any of the korps (and 10 for the plastic flash gits, thanks skarnir)

Spoiler Summary: Pictures of a couple more of the "Korps" (12 total now), and all the flash gits arms (even the 10 for the new large plastic flash gits)

Spoiler

• Mad Grot Docsnik likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 632 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
If you can get hold of some chaos marauders' arms, they look brilliant on 2nd ed metals. Scale works much better than current ed arms, and they're much more muscular than the original ones they cane with.
"Parry the 6!"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Orks in sombreros... not something I would ever have thought of, but :love

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

If you can get hold of some chaos marauders' arms, they look brilliant on 2nd ed metals. Scale works much better than current ed arms, and they're much more muscular than the original ones they cane with.

What I like about the current arms is they are already set up for modern Ork weapons. But, yes the chaos marauder arms and catachan arms are good upgrades over old 2nd ed Ork arms.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Askari Legion, Boyz, Nobs, Flash Gits, Yoofs