Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scott's Evil Sunz - Conversion Fanboy Blog

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

scottshoemaker

scottshoemaker

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

I first want to thank the community for loads of ongoing inspiration.  I've had more more fun building, painting and playing Orks than any other army in 20+ years of this hobby..  I'd like to share the units I've finished.  I keep a blog of my builds if anyone wants to see more detail.  I've also started a small webstore to help fund the hobby.  I'll include links to these too.

Let's start with the Warboss:

warboss24.JPG

warboss25.JPG

Thanks everyone!

Here's the blog link:

http://conversionfanboy.blogspot.com/

I've also got some Scrap Objective Markers up on the store:

scrapmarkers01.JPG

http://conversionfan...mega-store.html

• Zagursnik, myth, Mik McMok the Mek and 2 others like this

scottshoemaker

scottshoemaker

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

My other currently finished HQ, the Mega Mek!  Mostly the beautiful Kromlech Mecha-Mek with just a few other bits:

megamek04.JPG

He's a Big'un! He's standing here with a GW ork boy and a "normal" Mecha-Ork

megamek05.JPG

• chaoshead87 likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Great stuff, I've always felt the Evil Sunz are under represented in this site so it's great to see some good stuff like this.

I really admire your paintwork on the warboss. No matter how hard I try to tone it down my style remains intractibly colourful, so it's really interesting to see how you can make something unmistakably Evil Sunz without actually using a lot of red! The goggles and shoulder pad are nice little touches that really help.

The mecha armour (which I never lived as it's intended mega armour) works really well for a mekboy. I may use that idea myself down the track.

Keep posting!
"Parry the 6!"

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 311 posts

I like the flat, 'dusty' feel you've given these guys!

• Garslag likes this

scottshoemaker

scottshoemaker

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

Thanks folks!  They are very poppy until they get there matte coat, that helps tone them down.  The dust is simple, if a bit of a pain.  I run Vallejo pigment, mixed with Vallejo thinner (their thinner still contains a binder) and a drop or two of Vallejo Matte Varnish through my airbrush.  A light coat all over with it getting heavier toward the bottom.  That also helps mute the colors.

• myth and Snarknit Grokguzz like this

scottshoemaker

scottshoemaker

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

Here's today's post, the MegaNobz:

meganobz09.JPG

I really do need to take the time to make better images, but it's what I have right now...

• Zagursnik likes this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 311 posts

Thanks folks!  They are very poppy until they get there matte coat, that helps tone them down.  The dust is simple, if a bit of a pain.  I run Vallejo pigment, mixed with Vallejo thinner (their thinner still contains a binder) and a drop or two of Vallejo Matte Varnish through my airbrush.  A light coat all over with it getting heavier toward the bottom.  That also helps mute the colors.

Thanks for that tip!  That's very useful. I struggle myself because I want my Orks to look dusty - they're certainly not supposed to look *clean*! - but i've never been able to get it right yet. I'll have to try this out.

scottshoemaker

scottshoemaker

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

How about some Tankbustas!

tankbustas09.JPG

tankbustas10.JPG

tankbustas11.JPG

• chaoshead87, Zagursnik and myth like this

scottshoemaker

scottshoemaker

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

Some 'Ard Boyz:

ardboyz08.JPG

ardboyz09.JPG

ardboyz18.JPG

ardboyz20.JPG

• chaoshead87, myth and Yara like this

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

Looking good.  There are a few parts in there which I can't identify, which isn't saying so much I guess.  I'm usually a few steps behind the crowd these days!  Like that glyph that the nobz have for their back banner, which kit is that from?

The cool thing about the super dusty effect you have going is I can easily imagine they've picked up all this dust on the open road.

"Parry the 6!"

scottshoemaker

scottshoemaker

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

Those are bits from the Nobz kit.

How about some bikerz today:

orkbikers03.JPG

orkbikers04.JPGorkbikers05.JPG

• chaoshead87 likes this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 311 posts

I enjoy these bases-how'd you get the dried sand effect to stay and not flake off?

scottshoemaker

scottshoemaker

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

I enjoy these bases-how'd you get the dried sand effect to stay and not flake off?

Just used Agrellan Earth, then varished over a couple of times.

99189956007_AgrellanEarth.jpg

• Snarknit Grokguzz likes this

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Great to see your stuff on here -- I used your Ard Boyz nob as inspiration when I was building my own unit of nobs in Eavy Armour.

scottshoemaker

scottshoemaker

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

The first Trukk:

hotrodtrukk1_07.JPG

hotrodtrukk1_08.JPG

hotrodtrukk1_09.JPG

• chaoshead87, Snarknit Grokguzz and Garslag like this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 311 posts

whoa!  At first I thought this wasn't done...but then realized you've got a hot dog like thing going on here. Very cool!

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 68 posts

Really like that trukk.

We have been slowly getting back into GoMo recently and have all been looking for inspiration for our new trukks.

Saved to my inspiration files.

Chaos

"Those are my thoughts, not yours."

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

I really your painting style. That dusty dirty look really comes through, like these lads live "on the move". Good choice going with the Kromlech mega nobs, even the multi part GW kits don't quite reach the detail same level of detail, plus those dudes are freakin huge. And that rat rod, oh boy :love :thumbs proppa work all around.

"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

scottshoemaker

scottshoemaker

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

Some more trukks:

orktrukk1-01.JPG

orktrukk1-02.JPGorktrukk1-04.JPG

orktrukk2-01.JPG

orktrukk2-02.JPG

• chaoshead87, Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this

KNW