Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaa-Garslag's Evil Sunz

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Nothing particularly revolutionary here, but I thought I'd share it anyway.  Started a Gobsmasha patterned after Hakbash's tutorial over the weekend.  Couldn't find any  good foam to base it around, so I used balsa - well, that's okay, I like using balsa anyway.  For $24 Australian I got enough wood to build two of the suckers.  I haven't got a GW tank that cheap in a while.

20160307_215708.jpg

20160307_215726.jpg

Try not to think about where they have room to store shells big enough to reload that kannon.   It's a Gallifreyan Gobsmasha.
  • Zagursnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbuggy Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,582 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

The barrel's plenty big enough to fly grot bommz out of, where'd the laser cut glyphs come from?

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
You could just about fly fighta bommerz out of a barrel like that ;) The glyphs are from Laser cut card, I was pleasantly surprised with them. I've got one of his trucks waiting to go together, too.
"Parry the 6!"

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts

100_5545.jpg

Proof of progress....

• Goff Boss likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 311 posts

hehe--this thing is fun.  It looks like it'd go flying back half a mile every time they shot the gun - it's classic orky style, in which it works as it should because da orks says it does!

• Garslag and Gun_wun like this

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=54465

I will be repurposing this thread for any additions to Waaa-Garslag's Evil Sunz contingent.   Hopefully there'll be a few.
"Parry the 6!"

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts

I was gonna build another gobsmasha next, but i lost the wheels I had set aside for it. So I'm going to paint up an old Ruzzbot (Morkanaut...) I built many years ago. I'll chuck a KFF generator on the back somewhere before I base coat it. 

The wheels will turn up, I hope.

20161229_122716_1.jpg

20161229_122730.jpg

• Snarknit Grokguzz likes this
"Parry the 6!"

SirTainly

SirTainly

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 160 posts

More rivets!!! ;) (on the claw at least)

Always good to see Ruzzbots though

• Garslag likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts

Okay, spray can down, respirator away.  Given a whole bunch of guys the brown undercoat treatment.  With an Aussie summer day on our hands they should be dry about, oh, the time I finish this sentence?

I've been inspired by Jackdoud's army "census" in Da Trophy Rack to sort out a few of the patches of bare plastic that disgrace my display cabinet.  I undercoated a 1st Ed Nobz bike and warbuggy, a 2-7th Ed warbuggy, the Ruzzbot above - all of which will get the Evil Sunz treatment - and some grots which will be sent to the shelf below where my Snakebites hang out.  SirTainly - yeah, you're right about the rivets.  I really do slack off on rivets quite a bit, tbh, which I shouldn't.  I think I better allocate that one to the backburner while I take Snarkit Grokguzz' advice and ebay some fingernail pretties to use as rivets. 

Oh, and I started another Gobsmasha.  They're just so easy and fun!

"Parry the 6!"

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts

Ordered some fingernail decorations which will double as rivets - they are expected in like, a month or more?  On the plus side, I paid $0.99 Australian, including postage, so far be it from me to complain.

While I've been waiting I've thrown some paint at a warbuggy - dreadful picture, but it is good enough to demonstrate my success at toning down the primary colours somewhat.  My gf, who does oil paintings, nicked this model halfway through and did some blending on the fenders.

20170117_201718.jpg

"Parry the 6!"

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts

Now, request some sage counsel.  Pictures of Gobsmasha #2 follow, both with and without a big old armour plate I carved out of my stompa.  I kinda like how the Gobsmasha looks with this plate on the top of it; it changes the shape of the vehicle I think.  But I don't trust myself tbh.  Any and all opinions will be received with maximum gratitude.

Spoiler

Spoiler

"Parry the 6!"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Yes, add the plate. It adds some needed random detail.

I also expect you will be detailing the gun a bit as well? Adding a *ahem* flash suppressor ;) like the other one perhaps?

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbuggy Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,582 posts

+1 for plate

I also expect you will be detailing the gun a bit as well? Adding a *ahem* flash suppressor ;) like the other one perhaps?

Or a muzzle brake so that everyone can get some (this chaps' vid shows a fairly simple muzzle brake at 1.13 https://www.youtube....h?v=P5x0Jlxl9uU and he reads out a description of what it's like to be in a tank near a tank that's firing a 17pdr at around 18.00) :lol

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
That video is great, Badfang. This guy is well worth a bookmark.

As far as the gun is concerned... I thought I would leave it muzzle brake-less, mainly as a point of difference from the last one I did. But yes, it certainly needs some kind of attention. I was thinking about using squares of plasticard on the end to create embossed checks. I could be convincedto change my mind if you really think it's the way to go though.
"Parry the 6!"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Yeah, that guy is entertaining. Lost a good three hours to watching his stuff last night! And I did mean to say muzzle brake, Flash supressor is what snipers stick on the end of their rifles to avoid detection. Brain cramp on my part. And, as Lindybeige points out, what gobsmasha #1 has is more technically a counter-weight because it has no vent holes. But back to the item at hand here...

Yeah, I like the idea of embossed checks. It just needs something to visually balance it and the checks should do nicely.

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbuggy Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,582 posts

In all honesty anything that breaks up big flat (or tubular) surfaces helps on a simple build - checks, dags, rings... I just thought 'muzzle brake' 'coz of the description in the vid, if that's what the side blast of a 17 pdr is like - how big is the gun on that gobsmasha :eek

That video is great, Badfang. This guy is well worth a bookmark.

Yeah, that guy is entertaining. Lost a good three hours to watching his stuff last night! 

LOL, he put this up today https://www.youtube....h?v=kQEDzLeAkBs - guess the computer won't be replacing the Mk 1 Eyeball just yet

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
Was planning to start work on a spleenrippa today. Public holiday down my way. Unfortunately the missus forced me to spend the day drinking alcohol and hanging out at the beach. Happy wife, happy life eh?
  • Mad Grot Docsnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbuggy Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,582 posts

Sounds like a good start to any build :cheers

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts

Still awaiting delivery of my shipment of rivets, so at this time there's nothing more I can do on either Gobsmasha 2 or my Ruzzbot.  Time to start messing about with my Spleenrippa.

Donor car is a hot wheels toy.  Originally it was gonna be a mekboy speedsta, but I think it's size is more in line with a Spleenrippa (sorry, should've had the presence of mind to put Barry in the frame).  It had a big engine on the front with 8 big spider-legs attached to it; ripped those out and gutted the cab of electronics to make room for me to fit a driver in there.  Lots of work to do!

20170128_192747.jpg

• Zagursnik, KillFalcon and Badfang Brassaxe like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbuggy Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,582 posts

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek And it's alreddy da right colour :thumbs That may get looted :cheers

• Garslag likes this