Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beingmad's Deff Skull Lootas

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
  • Army Name:-
Haven't been actively posting on The-Waaagh, but here we go... an attempt to keep me motivated.

What I currently have in line to be taken care of-5 lootas, 30ish shoota boyz and 9 slugga boyz
Posted Image

Some partially assembled shoota boyz, the other half are still on the sprue
Posted Image

5 partial lootas
Posted Image

Remaining shoota boyz
Posted Image

Other things-warboss, 20ish slugga boyz, 2 warbuggies/wartrakks, 4 warbikes, and 3 deffkoptas
Posted Image

As of right now I have:
Finish assembling:
-5 lootas
-3 deffkoptas
-30 shoota boyz
-9 slugga boyz

Finish painting
-1 warboss
-20 slugga boyz
-5 nobz
-2 warbuggies
-4 warbikes

For the shootas and lootas, should I leave the weapons off and paint them separately? I have tried this before, but plastic glue dosent bind paint, so before priming them black should I blue-tack the joints?

I am pretty bad at taking photos (as anyone could tell) and I haven't taken any good shots of painted orks to show, but later I (hope :thumbs ) I will :biggrin
If the pictures are too big, I will resize them again :cheers
Let's see how this goes...
  • Mik McMok the Mek likes this

gorespeed

gorespeed

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 41 posts
  • Army Name:The Speedy Gitzzz
Wow u have a lot to paint now here is the real challange do it all in one month :whip but yeah u got a job ahead of u also one thing from the pics u have off some off them painted blooo really??? why blooo everyone know's red is better.

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
I like the proppa color better :lol, besides, everyone needs a little red to go fasta :cheers

Alrighty, here is a work in progress warboss, skin needs more definition and some touch ups... not really exciting warboss atm.
Posted Image

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
A quick update, but no pictures :(. But next time I will show off a new test model using a new skin technique that I really like, along with some greys and washes. Today i have finished building -20 ork boy torsos, legs, bases, and heads -5 lootas torsos and heads Just need to drill out gun barrels, blue tac joints, spray, paint, and finish putting together

gorespeed

gorespeed

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 41 posts
  • Army Name:The Speedy Gitzzz
Looks preety cool gotta admit dont normally like blue but ur blue looks gd without to much brightness looks slightly grungy but thats how I like it. also u said it's preety simple y dont u convert it using te guidlines in the white dwarf its the one which they had releasing all the new orks not the recent update it was last janurarys one i think dont hold me to it which has some cool ideas (it's how i did my aobr boss but with some extra cool bits on it ) that will make it look more unique but it is preety cool :) .

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
Simple update with some stuff I have been working on, along with a teaser ;)
Lootas
Posted Image

Shootas (Bodies based)
Posted Image

Some nearly completed sluggas
Posted Image

WIP shooty battlewagon
Posted Image
Some plasticard equivalent work
Posted Image

Going to make the tracks double-wide and really give it a sense that it was looted
Posted Image

At my local store, I got annihilated by a space wolf player-everything I had was gone by turn 3, and nearly beat a tyranid player. After playing a little in a kill team game and talking to some of the guys, an older player literally chucked a bunch of tank bitz at me.
Posted Image
A part of a leman russ, and some pieces of a chimera/basilisk.
Posted Image
All of the wheels and tracks plus a metal demolisher flap.

Preview at what is to come, and yes it will be blue and orky :lol
Posted Image

For basing, I'm not sure what colors or style I should base them, any suggestions?
I'm using my brother's Nikon Coolpix P60 to take pictures, is that any good for up close? I have another camera, will try it out later.

• KillFalcon likes this

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts
  • Army Name:Kogbasha's Trakkboyz
You can't go wrong with a looted russbucket but i would recommend swapping out those umie big-bolters for some more killy big shootaz. Also, looted tanks always look better when they have at least one big hole in the side that's been patched up. Kind of like the "killing blow" that finished off the tank before the ladz went in a looted it. - The dood
One of the many reasons why orks are more fun to play; Bosspoles:

"Roight ladz!, Barry's dead, an' if you don't kill dat fing Steve's dead too, alroight!!?"

QUOTE (Oddballz @ Dec 8 2009, 11:02 AM) *
I like my armies to have proppa guns, tracks and wheels, and not gribbly appendages with veins and orifices.

I seem to have started a blog: http://therustywartr...blogspot.co.uk/

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
Thanks, I have some old (the old trukk) big shootas, and some of the new ork boy sprue ones. I will definitely add some plasticard , but the nearby hobby store was closed the last couple of days. As soon as I can get some I'll add the kill-shot and repair it. D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y... sheesh >:

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
Looted Demolisher/Battlewagon
This is my first project using plasticard, and I'm pretty pleased at how it turned out-its not quite done, still want some feedback form other members. For the thick plating I used 1mm card, for the little plates on the left track side I used .10mm, and used a combination of 1mm, then .10mm, and finally 1mm for the track system.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

On the engine system, I'm going to add a "tube" from the fuel tank to the engine block, but I don't know how the exhaust looks. The way I attached the rear block to the back of the tank put it at an angle.. Should I devise a way to have it stick relatively up?
Next time I do this I'm probably going to make the tracks smaller, to make the turns more graceful.

Any advice and suggestions are needed! Please!
  • Zagursnik and KillFalcon like this

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skrappas
I wouldn't worry too much about the engine exhaust not being exactly vertical. Orks don't really care about aesthetics as much as humans do if it works... its good. I think your tracks need some more detailing on the plates, although your blooprint has some so hopefully you already knew that. I would however try to get them much closer together as right now they have a lot of space in between each one. One last thing, do you want it to look more Orky cause right now it looks like a umie tank with new engine. More armor plates and some glyphs should solve that easily.
Deffskulls: if it ain't bolted down its fair game...and if it is they will still try to "loot" it.

Da scrapas

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
The MOV (Multipurpose Ork Vehicle)!
The weapons will be a big shoota, zzap gun, and a schorcha-yes it is a bit random, but I'm more i nit for the looks than the functionality...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Above is the rough shape of the turret.
The hull is from part of an old leman russ some guy threw at me, with the sides made out of 2mm plasticard, then the GW tracks (I know I'ma beast :) ) and 1 mm plasticard with some details. I took a lot of inspiration from Scarpia, such as here http://garbo.org/40k...roozawagon.html

More pics in a min, need to make em smaller ;)

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
Took some inspiration from HagenHellkite... Well I looked at a pile of bitz, and decided I should try this. Pretty decent outcome... And the result is a very WIP 'ard nob. The power claw arm came out the way it did because of where I cut the burna arm, and how I attached it to the power claw. The combination of the body pose and power claw arm gave me an image of a belligerent nob shouting WAAAGH! in the enemies face before splitting him in pieces. I had to get an arm to match the pose, but it looks a little weedy (went through three(!) of those arms trying to bulk it up, gave up :sowhat )
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Any sugestions would be appreciated!

Let me know if any of the pictures in this thread need to be resized

weird al orkavic

weird al orkavic

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
  • Army Name:da metal eads
Thats a good looking Nob you got there :thumbs I have noticed, however, that the "thumb" of the power claw is backwards. Just fix that and give the lad a bit more height an he's all good :D
"team work is essential. it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at." 'umies field manual; page 157, chapter 7
"I am here to kill the heretic and traitor, Bob the puppy kicker" Unnamed Inquisitor
"a ork walkz out of a bar...OI! Ztop wit ya laughin', it kould 'appen..."Unnamed ork boy

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
Thanks! I used the orc boss body and legs from the orc command sprue, then a black orc head with the rest being 40k parts. He stands about the same height as an ork nob from the boyz sprue. The reason I had the thumb the way it was because if it were the other way, it would look like it would crush rather than split. However I made the thumb look less like it did to match the other parts of the claw. I added a boss pole and some more parts to the claw, but I need more glue.. .got to get some :sowhat

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
Well I decided to make some terrain as the chaos beakies keep beating me because of the small amount I have. So Because of me getting krumped at home I decided I would make a semi modular table, with 30 12ftsquare pieces of hardboard. It would be a city, with 14 of them being some city terrain and 16 being some road terrain. Here is something I started yesterday...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
For most of the rebar I used HO scale track cut into pieces, with the exception being some violin string.
  • Zagursnik and Mik McMok the Mek like this

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

some nice work there, but a lot more to do. Keep it up

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,572 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

Love seeing all these tanks lately. Good stuff going on here. really nice work on the tracks so far. Now for the terrain. :thumbs Very nice. I like the damaged sections you've added as well as the pipe. As for the ramp, I don't know if any models will stand on it given the angle, but maybe if you put a small amount of rubble, or perhaps a strip of styrene they would stay.

Do you plan on doing anything to front face? I don't think it would take much. Vertical strips running the length of the wall and perhaps trim around the windows. Of course rivets. But that would all go a long way into giving a nice feel.

"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts

-snip-

-snip-

Thanks for the kind words guys. Luckily with time, a good amount of work was accomplished  :thumbs 

I should have known better than to post a new thread while linking to a ~7 year old thread haha, for that I apologize. I wanted a way to start new with some higher quality content while still referencing some old posts - hopefully, if its not too much of an issue, Mad Grot Docsnick or another staff member could lock this. 

After some hard painting work this summer, all of the boyz seen in the previous pictures, plus a good number, have all been painted. All vehicles and bikes have been stripped down and disassembled, and are in a queue for future work. I'm waiting to paint up some more boyz before I build a bunch of vehicles, and will paint them once I invest in an airbrush. As far as the terrain goes ... I still have it! However, its all been packed away (moving, etc). 

You can check out the newer stuff here

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Yeah, I noticed the extreme threadomancy earlier, but it's not much of an issue these days, so I let it ride in case Beingmad was going to add something.

Locking grot on duty as requested.

• Beingmad and Mik McMok the Mek like this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.