Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

8th edition armylist MADNESS!

- - - - - Torunament fun? as Rick as it gets?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Here's the monstrosity I have written so far.

HQ 

Warboss, Kill Choppa and Power Klaw  Warlord

*Weird boy 

KFF Big Mek 

SAG Mek

Pain boy with power Klaw

WAAAGH Banner Nob

Nobz Mob

Tank Bustas 

Boys mob 30 shoota boys

Boys mob 10 with choppas

Boys mob 10 with choppas

Grots 27

*War bikers mob 7                             

*War trakk Twin Big shoota                

*War trakk Twin Big shoota

Lobbas 4

Mek guns KMK's 2

Dakka Jet 6 Suppa Shootas

Dakka Jet 6 Suppa Shootas

War trukk Big Shoota

War Trukk Big Shoota

War Trukk Big Shoota

1999 points (I think...)

List subject to change. 

I'm working on a few changes to this, I'm not thrilled with it just now.

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts

First list changes.

Drop 1 dakka Jet. 148 points.

Add 1 War trukk and 10 more boys. 142 point 6 left over.

drop the tank bustas for 5 Nobz. (Lets get more choppy.) even points trade. 

Drop the Lobbas for 2 Bubble Chukkas. 20 point left over.

Drop the 7th war Biker, I expect this unit to be targeted hard. 27 points.

Add 1 War trakk with Twin big shoota.  
6 points +1 point under. 7 points under total. 

Can go either way with the SAG Mek. Keep it or drop it for the KFF. what ever. 

As an alt I am thinking about adding one more War trukk so I can keep the Nobs in their own trukks. 4 is good 5 is better? 
Had thought about a battle wagon at one point but wouldn't another turkk full of boys be better as it more models over all. So that's the rout I have taken.

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 677 posts
  • Army Name:AnOrkysts

I think that this will be fun because it is so fast and so choppy.  I can't see the SAG being of much use for you though.  They don't bring the punch or the fun that they used to for me so I can't justify them.  I have not seen the benefit to trukk spam yet but I do like the theme and think with that many you should be able to at least really annoy people as they struggle to knock down that many vehicles.  

This should be an army that hits with some hard hitting big gunz while watching masses of fast vehicles run to the objectives.  

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts

I'm working out what to do about that SAG Mek. 
Refunding him gives me 82 points back to mess with. I would like another 5 or so nobz in one of my Nobz mobs for a strong mob up, granted 15 isn't all that much. Also not sold on that as I am thinking about adding another Painboy and a weird boy if I can figure that out. But I'm not there yet. Still thinking it over.

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts

Here's my changed list. I think I like it a little more and it's nearly perfect in every way! 

HQ 

Warboss, Kill Choppa , Kombi schorcha  Warlord- GorGak (79)

Weird boy (62) da Jump

Weird boy (62) warpath

KFF Big Mek (75)

KFF Big Mek on war bike (101)

Pain boy with power Klaw (53)

Pain boy with power Klaw (53) + runt  57 points

Nobz Mob 7  with 2 Ammo Runts  (144) 3 power Klaws because no reason at all. +39 points

Boys mob 30 shoota boys (180)

Boys mob 10 with choppas (60)

Grots 26 (78) 

War bikers mob 6 (156))

War trakk Twin Big shoota (47)

Bubble chukka X1 (50)

Mek guns KMK's 2 (84)

Dakka Jet 6 Suppa Shootas (148)

War Trukk Big Shoota  (82)

same format as above, 3 detachments, 8 Command Points.

So far as I know the points are right but I have Brain problem today and have gone over the math several times  at one point 125 points under at another 75 points over. I'll have to check it again before it's final. but I feel this one is really close to what I want from my list. 
I have a plan for how I want to play this list but I have to play it a few times to be able to put it down in words also trial and error. 

Chew on it if you like and point out my missteps or anything I may have over looked. I very nearly still had my WAAAGH Banner Nob. Kinda with I still did but don't want to give up the grots to get him.

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 677 posts

I think that the WAAAGH Banner is pretty handy with foot sloggin mob, but I am not sure how he will operate in a fast list like this where most guys are going to be screaming away in trukks and then the others are going to be hoping the Weird boy jumps them somewhere.   It ends up that the Nob Banner is kind of standing there wondering where everybody went?

I guess that you will be putting the Warpath Weirdboy in a trukk, but can he cast from a vehicle?  I thought a character can only shoot from a vehicle not give off any aura abilities.

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts

I think that the WAAAGH Banner is pretty handy with foot sloggin mob, but I am not sure how he will operate in a fast list like this where most guys are going to be screaming away in trukks and then the others are going to be hoping the Weird boy jumps them somewhere.   It ends up that the Nob Banner is kind of standing there wondering where everybody went?

I guess that you will be putting the Warpath Weirdboy in a trukk, but can he cast from a vehicle?  I thought a character can only shoot from a vehicle not give off any aura abilities.

I've given up looking for ways to add the WAAAGH Banner Nob to this list I have only one change left to make and it's finally done!

The WAAAAGH Banner Nob was going to ride up the field in a trukk along with all the other transported units. Once they dismount and charge he just needs to be in range to buff those units. Alternatively in my second game of 8th edition I did the same thing but had launched a first turn assault into almost all of the opponents army so Having lost models in several units the buff made up for the lost attacks by gaining hits from the remaining units. Works fine.

My other thinking at the time was that I wanted all my nobs, or almost all of them to have power klaws, then buff them with the banner.

Meh. The final change is to buy ever Nob in my Nobz mob a big choppa. More fancy attacks and more hits with out the negative to hit from the klaws. 

(This is actually 5 Big Choppas and 1 more ammo runt. gives me 2 normal nobs to die if they have to.)

I am expecting that weird boy to dismount and cast that on either 20 boys, who would have mobbed up or the Nobz mob. He can also join a combat. I'll be attacking with a lot of units so what ever is assaulted will have their pool of dice for fighting split apart between all of my units.

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 677 posts
Does the banner work from in the truck? A KFF only covers the vehicle, the mek only repairs if he dismounts, I don't know if a psycher can cast while in transport. So can a boss or banner aura use the transport footprint to increase the buffer zone?

I don't know.

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts

Does the banner work from in the truck? A KFF only covers the vehicle, the mek only repairs if he dismounts, I don't know if a psycher can cast while in transport. So can a boss or banner aura use the transport footprint to increase the buffer zone?

I don't know.

No, no abilities work wile transported.

I think I have you confused some where. I'm just using the trukks until I am ready to dismount and charge. Until then they won't be doing anything.

I have another list to post as soon as I get my maths corrected. My brain hurts with all of this counting. 

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts

Here's the current state of the list.  Nearly there. 

HQ 

Warboss, Kill Choppa , kustom shoota  Warlord- GorGak (64)

Weird boy (62) da Jump

Weird boy (62) warpath

KFF Big Mek (75)

KFF Big Mek on war bike (101)

Pain boy with power Klaw (53)

Pain boy with power Klaw  with dok runt (57)

Nobz Mob 8  with 3 Ammo Runts 7 Big choppas  (180)

Waaagh Banner Nob (79)

Boys mob 30 shoota boys (180)

Grots 24 (72)                                                                       -- 1 X Nob added to Nobs Mob.

2X Boys added to 1 Trukk boys mob (12 boys in trukk now.)

1X KMK added to Mek Gunz total of 5 in unit now.   

total cost 71 points

Mek Gun Bubble Chukka X1 (50)

Mek guns KMK's  X4 (168)

Dakka Jet 6 Suppa Shootas (148)

War Trukk Big Shoota (82)

War Trukk Big Shoota (82)

Needs some clean up and math corrections ect but it's nearly what I want. Again, work in progress but much closer.

I dropped the Warbikers this time. 
Ok. 3 mobs of boys in trukks, 1 Nobs mob in a trukk and characters riding up the field. When I am ready, likely turn two, everything dismounts and is ready to charge. Units can run if they need to, I have a War Boss right here to let them charge.  This lets me also set up my Waaagh banner buff zone, Mob up 2 trukk boys mobs and cast Warpath on either the Boys or the Big choppas regardless they will all hit on 2+ I may even decide to buff the war boss for an extra Kill choppa attack for a chance to roll more 6's to wound. Making more mortal wounds. But I think it more depends on what everything is going to charge. I am surely going to buff what ever is going to gain the most from it. (war path.) 

This also give me 4 trukks, 3 boys mobs, 1 Nobz mob, 1 War Boss, 1 pain boy, 1 weird boy and 1 Big Mek to charge with leaving the WAAAAGH Banner as an optional charge or just standing at the back. that 11 to 12 units possibly charging.  Not counting the possibility of having the 30 Boys mob already there as well. 
Now, do I stick with Shoota boys or switch to slugga boys. (I want to do both.) The real problem is if the other army sets up a screen then I was better off walking/running across the table with my large mob and shooting the whole time. If not it's simply a lost opportunity to gain the extra attacks but they can be jumped in, shoot and charge so maybe that's more useful. I have a lot of shooting planed in this list.  
Once it's sorted out I know already I am facing sisters and probably some guard. 

We won't get to play until next month but I will be going into that game as ready as I can be for a fairly "competitive" game.

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 677 posts

I think it looks pretty good.  There are no nobs in the boy mobz, right?

I am currently trying to decide on slugga or shoota boyz myself.  I have pretty much always run sluggaz (more Orky) in my opinion.  However, since sluggaz are not assault I am beginning to think that shootaz are more valueable.  Especially when you are using Warpath and a WAAAGH Banner.  You will be hitting pretty hard in combat and hitting on 2's so you shouldn't be missing much.

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts

I think it looks pretty good.  There are no nobs in the boy mobz, right?

I am currently trying to decide on slugga or shoota boyz myself.  I have pretty much always run sluggaz (more Orky) in my opinion.  However, since sluggaz are not assault I am beginning to think that shootaz are more valueable.  Especially when you are using Warpath and a WAAAGH Banner.  You will be hitting pretty hard in combat and hitting on 2's so you shouldn't be missing much.

Yes sorry, Each mob has a nob with no upgraded equipment, I didn't list them because they cost no points. Sorry about that. 

Shoota boys have been interesting and fairly reliable.  I used to put 4 big shootas in my Slugga boy mobs way back when that was a thing because they had to walk across the table and were other wise no contributing at all. More recently My Shoota boys, just shootas, have been doing really well once they are in range and usually shooting at small beakie squads or small fish'ead troop squads, 60 shots can be overwhelming to the enemy. The big thing I have to worry about is being charged or in some way blocked by vehicles but I am going to screen them with grots to hopefully keep that from happening. 

They'll also have the pain boy and KFF for a bit as well. 
My usual scrumgrod complains about the layers of saves even as I fail a lot of them. But he sucks, He doesn't play Orks. lol.

Back on point, I have also found lots of times when My boys have won a combat but the enemy would be really far away leaving my mobs with little to do to help me win. Mostly this is trouble when objectives aren't part of the game. Kill point games aren't very fun at all. 

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 677 posts

Yep I getcha.  The shoota boyz do seem to be much more useful holding objectives than my slugga boyz.  But I just love slugga / choppa, especially now that I can actually shoot in combat.  Each unit has it's plus and minus.

I have skumrods that complain about all the saves as well, even though I may save one out of 8.  Meanwhile they are sitting there with their 2 + regular, 3+ stormshield, 5 + fnp.  Oh and yeah 2 or 3 wounds.

(my last two games have been against Custodes, if you couldn't guess)

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts

Yep I getcha.  The shoota boyz do seem to be much more useful holding objectives than my slugga boyz.  But I just love slugga / choppa, especially now that I can actually shoot in combat.  Each unit has it's plus and minus.

I have skumrods that complain about all the saves as well, even though I may save one out of 8.  Meanwhile they are sitting there with their 2 + regular, 3+ stormshield, 5 + fnp.  Oh and yeah 2 or 3 wounds.

(my last two games have been against Custodes, if you couldn't guess)

I've played against them just once so far, they're tough!

I kinda mean they seem easy to win with as well. 

Afret reading much discussion on dakka I am thinking about trading in my grots for their points back to spend on something else but I haven't spent too much time thinking about that yet. 

I'm planning a full on Green tide fro my next list just to see what will happen.  Maybe at 1500 points to start with, it depends on how long the first game takes and if I am able to play twice in one day against the same army. either way my lists will be set and ready.

What I will be looking for is how may units seem to have nothing useful to do and for how many turns. I am once again thinking about a well rounded list, part of me thinks even Deff Dreads have their points set as they are for a reason. Who knows. 

I'll post my 72 points substitute when I figure it out. 

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 677 posts

I find grots to be very useful.  They typically are not targeted and can easily hold objectives.  They are perfect for "jumping" across the board to sit on objectives.  Your opponent has to turn to deal with them at some point and it saves a more important squad from getting shot at for a turn.