Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3 new knights!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 715 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
The 80" range is BS. Nobkdy needs that much range... I think if you half all ranges in GW (apart from arty) then it would solve a lot of problems and encourage people to actually move units.
  • Nefairius and jackdoud like this

skarnir

skarnir

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 707 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR

I now expect the stompa to get the same treatment as these guys... if not I'll riot!

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Seriously, they can now snipe, do 54 wounds a turn, do 3d6 auto hitting d2 flamer shots!!!! Why do the orks not have this? We certainly pay the points for it!

the Stompa has been a sore point since the 6th edition Apocalypse book where it magically double in points cost for no apparent reason other than "filthy Xenos"

I really should do a video series to hit home just how badly over priced it is currently. I would like to see how it compares to some of the newer and most likely drastically cheaper knights.

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

May the Enemies blood on your choppa never dry or your welding torch grow cold!

Ork Tactics by Laughterofthegods

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50985

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,275 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
They seem to give its massive wound pool way more credit than it deserves.
  • jackdoud likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 715 posts

the Stompa has been a sore point since the 6th edition Apocalypse book where it magically double in points cost for no apparent reason other than "filthy Xenos"
I really should do a video series to hit home just how badly over priced it is currently. I would like to see how it compares to some of the newer and most likely drastically cheaper knights.

Do one that goes in depth on its history and how it developed in the game over time. I love those kimda videos! What's ur channel?

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 715 posts

Do one that goes in depth on its history and how it developed in the game over time. I love those kimda videos! What's ur channel?

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,009 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Skarnir. Same as on here.
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this

killercroc

killercroc

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 864 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Gitz

I mean really it's just more GW shaft stroking the Imperials. A new super unit that has crazy guns and no downside, will most likely be under costed and somehow buff every army it's in with no actual synergistic forethought to "what units are good" just set it down and everything complements it. At least GW will never get any sales off the things from me, maybe if they made some more comparable units from other armies I'd be willing to fork out some more money but for now it's just playing with what I have and making new rules/conversions for open play games with friends. 

greggles

greggles

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,531 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust
I really should do a video series to hit home just how badly over priced it is currently.

The last time I used a stompa, it blew up on turn 2, and did more damage in exploding that it had done in two turns of shooting and assaulting.

As such my new policy with orks is to fill my list with things that blow up really good.

• Badfang Brassaxe and Skumdreg like this

Bloatsnot

Bloatsnot

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 415 posts

As such my new policy with orks is to fill my list with things that blow up really good.

So.... all burna bombers.....

• greggles likes this
WAAAAGH!! Da Cybermen.

Bloat

Nefairius

Nefairius

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Blood Axez
  • 537 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

The 80" range is BS. Nobkdy needs that much range... I think if you half all ranges in GW (apart from arty) then it would solve a lot of problems and encourage people to actually move units.

I've thought that for a long time. There are more and more models everywhere, everything has only gotten shootier, and shoots at longer and longer ranges. It seems like half the positioning you'll ever do is in deployment, and the rest of your movement is either assault units or units that specifically scoot & shoot. This isn't limited to 40k either. FoW can get like this too, even though it's 15mm scale on the same board. IMO maneuver should be the bedrock of a good wargame; battles are often won with movement, yet it's often conspicuously absent in the biggest wargame, and sometimes in the second largest.

knowing where to put what, separates the veteran from the beginner just as much as good target priority, or preparing the assault.

• Skumdreg likes this
Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,275 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

I just ordered a Blastajet.  I absolutely loved running as many fliers as possible and the burna bommer was been fantastic so far!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 715 posts
Oh come on! Knights now have a system where if you knight doesn't belong to a house hold you can basically give him abilities anyway by picking from a lit of unique traits. Orks need this for Freebooters!
  • Nefairius and greggles like this