Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to arm a looted knight?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 340 posts

So! I just snagged one of the new Imperial Knights: Renegade boxed sets. I'd missed the first boxed set last time around, and even if we have no confirmation of how long a run this will have (permanent or limited), I wasn't taking the risk.  I had also purchased a Warden a year ago when I realized Renegade was going away. i haven't assembled it yet due to life circumstances not giving me the time or space to work in.

I play Orks, obviously, but I also play Ultramarines. I'm going to use two of the knights for my Beakies and loot one for the orks to use as a renegade. Thing is, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this yet: is there any rules prohibitions against our faction taking Knights?  And if there isn't, what configuration would you folks recommend? I'm tempted to go Gallant because I play a very CC oriented Ork army. But there's something to be said for a ton of Dakka int he Crusador. But then, if it's looted, can I even use the original armaments? I"d orkify them regardless, in terms of aesthetics, but I'm wondering how the mechanics would work here: is it "counts" as? Or would I have to do something completely different with the armaments?

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
The renegade knight rules do not allow them to be taken by Orks. You could always use them as counts as gorkanaut.

I just grabbed two renegade boxes, a valiant, and a Castellan. Im feeling you!

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 424 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

First you should think about how the Orks acquired the knight. Most likely it was found on the battlefield, damaged and abandoned. Not likely to have been looted in pristine condition from an imperial base. That means that there are damaged areas that should be repaired by Orky counterparts.

Any looted weapons automatically become the Ork version of that weapon. A battlefield scavanged knight's weapons would have been damaged in combat, or salvaged by the 'oomies. Orkify the 'oomie weapons, or use Ork weapons from a Gork/Mork-anaut, or from the stompa. The weapons can be purchased from bitz dealers on Ebay, or from friends. Good luck.

Check out Greggles superb knight conversion in the Meks, under the title "Trust in Rust."

greggles

greggles

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,544 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Thanks!  I run mine as morks and gorks.  (Just added a valiant version I'm building up now).  I figured the actual knight *spiece of panzee dungon* would be mostly intact, so just worked on swapping the armor plates with ork plates.  Many of the ork kits have sections which match up really nicely to the knight curves and joints, and its easy to mix and match to get good coverage to look like it belongs there.

With the valliant, I'm going to be using a stompa chain sword, and turning the triple flamer (boy is that thing going to be nerfed to oblivion) into a triple rotary cannon to represent the gorks gun.  I'm toying with doing a double head on him.  We'll see.  Probably killa kan towers on the shoulders.  Really is no limit with orks.

Keep in mind if you REALLY wanted to play with the knight rules...ork them up, but make sure they have the same weapon design as the knights you want to run, then run them as a counts as knights army.  It won't be orks persay, but you'd get the ridiculously over powered and over the top knight rules to play with for a month or two before they nerf hammer them back into reality.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 885 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
If I had the time and money I'd do it myself. Cool idea for a bad moonz, blood axe or Deffskullz walker. How large is the mega deff dread? Could it be knight sized?

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
No. The knight is a bit taller than the morkanaut, which is a bit taller than the mega dredd.

Having said that, I think a looted knight could pass for either. If the mega dredd had a base it would be the same size as theirs.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 885 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Honestly, nobody would question it... even after all this time i have still never seen a mega dread in person.
  • PhillyT likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
Ill put he three next to each other and a photo

greggles

greggles

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,544 posts

The mega dread is WAY smaller then the knights.  (He's smaller then a gork)

I tend to have all three in my list, so here is a ton of shots of the three of them.

https://imgur.com/a/iwbT0

Here is one shot if you don't care to click

ehvr0es_orig.jpg

Also, started cutting up a valiant for the third looted knight :)

• PhillyT and Snarknit Grokguzz like this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 340 posts

It's a damned shame the renegade rules don't let other factions take 'em.  Though i've also heard there's nothing explicitly prohibiting it, either?  I don't have the book yet so I am not sure.  A Gork seems like an underwhelming unit, but if that's how I have to take a looted knight, then so be it, because this bad boy needs to happen!

Greggles, I really love your rust effects - I saw your formula, so I'll give that a try!

greggles

greggles

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,544 posts

Everytime I try to post a reply the forum breaks!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,144 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Everytime I try to post a reply the forum breaks!

So wot woz dat den :?

greggles

greggles

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,544 posts
Glad you like the rust formula! I have it in a handy dandy little typed out thing if you need it.
NFGmhfD.jpg

Also video that goes over the process.

• Snarknit Grokguzz likes this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 340 posts

Thanks so much!

• greggles likes this