Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"Yellow is Badmoons whether you like it or not!"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,035 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
I do not know, but was funny to watch. But yes, getting a 6 when termis are in combat with your weirdboy is heart breaking. 3 dead Deathwing is like 300 points. Boom, gone in a single smite.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,259 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Too many ex-gits in one basket :lol

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
Smite spam got a bit harder with the Big faq. Its nice to crush a poorly placed character though!

killercroc

killercroc

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 935 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Gitz

Honestly with Nids against a Knight I think Shock cannon guard work better than Zoanthrope smiting. Shock cannon is 24" D3 S7 AP -2 D D3 shots that cause Mortal wound on a 4+ or D3 on a 6+ for I think 50 points a piece. They don't get that 3++ Zoans have but will on average cause as many mortal wounds as Zoans plus actual damage from the gun.

Though in reality I'd rather not fight a Knight to begin with, Superheavies VS an army without them (Or Stupid overcosted FW ones) isn't very fun. I have a Barbed Heirodule Which is similar to a Knight with the battlecannon and chainsword. Few differences is the gun has the same stats but the knight gets 2D6 shots and the Tyranid gets 12 shots, Nid BS is 4+/5+/6+ while the Knight is BS 3+/4+/5+. Knight is S 14 in CC and does 6 damage, Tyranid is S10 in CC and does D6 damage, both have same AP. Movement is 12"/9"/6" for the Knight whereas it's 12"/8"/4" for the Tyranid. Knight has 2 more wounds and the Invuln save over the Tyranid and costs 65 points less.

So I'll leave it up to you guys to decided how balanced that is. But really FW can suck a fat one. 

(posted this in wrong thread  :blush
 )

• PhillyT likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
Hive guard and tyranofex both do well against knights. A unit of genestealers can actually do a great deal of damage to finish a knight as well.

I dont agree that you need super heavies to kill super heavies.