Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Id have gotten them a few million more...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
https://www.bbc.co.u...mshire-44413297

What a waste. If only theyd asked me how to run a multinational company theyd have done even better!
  • warhead01 and Nefairius like this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,053 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

I definitely need to start running companies into the ground and then pretending to care. Turns out it's an amazing strategy that always works!

• jackdoud, Badfang Brassaxe, skarnir and 2 others like this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
Exactly, if they’d just thought to slum a few Facebook groups or forums they’d have struck it mega rich from the start.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 901 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
This is what EA does. They do horrible actually evil things (no joke.. there is business and then there is EA who have been known to sue companies at random just to shut them down. They'll have no actual reason to sue them they just want them to waste their money on the lawsuit so they go out of business. And the joke is these companies will have no competition against EA they seem to just do it for fun as shutting down the companies have no advantage for them) then come out and go "we're sorry. We will try harder" and make all their money back. It's weird

Also would love to read that article but bbc is banned on my wifif for some reason. Some wifis in vietnam it is not some it is.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
Right, its entirely a case where GW sought to do the most harm to their business so they could engineer their rebirth as a successful company. Evil Genius.
  • Badfang Brassaxe and Skumdreg like this

killercroc

killercroc

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 891 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Gitz

I think GW is more like a highly deformed retard child strapped to a bed its whole life that just occasionally manages to get the food to its mouth instead of all over their face or body, and we're the proud parents that clap and cry for joy every time it shows the slightest hint of intelligence. 

I mean, all the things GW has done over the years it's like they WANTED to fail, sure they got the new lead and started doing things like... talking to their customers (I know, I was surprised too!). At least now they're doing better but we all know that bed ridden retard baby is just seizure away from going back to making airplane noises and shitting all over the place.

• jackdoud and Skumdreg like this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
You get it! Had they only put you in charge youd have made them a pile of cash too!

killercroc

killercroc

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 891 posts

I never understand why companies actively ignore their customers, they're the people that give them money! If GW was on the ball with Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc. they could have had a much easier time with engaging their clients to see what they wanted, needed and disliked. I like the paint tutorials on YouTube but why GW wasn't making those when the site has getting really popular I don't understand. Their oldest video is 6 years and that's just talking about events and what they're selling, missed off huge on the tutorial boom and conversions, terrain, etc. 

Just look at miniwargaming, they're proof that that alone is a successful business model, now if only GW did that was part of their customer outreach and advertising!

• Dim_Reapa, skarnir and Giganotosaurus like this

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,434 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull

I never understand why companies actively ignore their customers, they're the people that give them money! If GW was on the ball with Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc. they could have had a much easier time with engaging their clients to see what they wanted, needed and disliked. I like the paint tutorials on YouTube but why GW wasn't making those when the site has getting really popular I don't understand. Their oldest video is 6 years and that's just talking about events and what they're selling, missed off huge on the tutorial boom and conversions, terrain, etc. 

Just look at miniwargaming, they're proof that that alone is a successful business model, now if only GW did that was part of their customer outreach and advertising!

Vocal grumpy 20 year olds on Facebook are not representative of their customer base. They sell plastic army men to excited teenage boys who enjoy playing at being space fascists.
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 901 posts
Haha, look at EA's E3 press conference. They're now advertising that there game no longer has loot boxes like it's a gift they're giving us. XD and basic features like more than one game mode and a party system will also be added to the game when every game since the dawn of multipleplayer already had this! This is how you do it guys! Strip away every single feature and shove a bunch of backwards damaging crap into your games then remove it all and make a normal game like everyone eose and suddenly advertise it as new and improved!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,053 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Vocal grumpy 20 year olds on Facebook are not representative of their customer base. They sell plastic army men to excited teenage boys who enjoy playing at being space fascists.

Having read GW's recent fluff, I think teenagers might be a bit old to be the target market...

killercroc

killercroc

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 891 posts

Watching GW I cannot tell exactly who their target audience is as there are no ads for their products here. The only ads I see are the promotional videos they make on their site that get shared around, and those are usually more in the camp as movie trailer "show off a little bit of info just to get you excited" So I honestly can't say their target is teenagers. It seems it's still nerds with money and the ones with that kind of cash are usually older.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
Its nerds with money and they are reaping absolute piles of cash in.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 901 posts
I'm a nerd but I ain't got no money. But shhh, don't tell gw the majority of my stuff comes from ebay and other shops where I get 20% off. I only buy my paints from gw. XD

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts
I just spent $500 on knight stuff because I like painting them. Their financials show there are plenty of people happy to buy right now. Strangely many seem to be buying direct from GW which makes no sense to me. You can buy on Amazon for 15% off and free shipping regularly.
  • jackdoud likes this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 428 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

"Strangely many seem to be buying direct from GW which makes no sense to me." Funny you should say that Philly T. For many years, GW did not have a store in my city (another brilliant business move). We have a nice sized FLGS, which has been run in an intelligent manner for the last 2 decades. They pretty much own the wargaming market in my area. GW finally shows up, and can't make a go of it; they're on their third location in 5 years. Everyone goes to the FLGS, as they discount 20%. I agree that at least in the U.S., it is nerds with cash, but in my city, they are getting it second hand.

• jackdoud likes this

killercroc

killercroc

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 891 posts

Yeah, FLGS gives all the 40k players a 20% off where I play too. Granted there is no real competition in the city (3 other games stores none of them do 40k) but I like the discount, saves me money and they can do direct orders with free shipping so anything GW sells I can still get there. Works great!

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 995 posts

Now if GW would lower all their prices by 20% to get more inline with the rest of the model industry just imagine how much more profit they'd make. I may actually buy something more than once or twice a year instead of getting a home loan to buy stuff.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,327 posts

I've always wondered about that.  I generally spend what I will spend and get as much as I can within that budget.  I would like to say they might do better with a lower price point but thats tough to say really.

• PeaceCraft likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 901 posts
Karma seems tonhave set in and now 'umies players are losing every single model but cadian. They're all crying, all after they told me it was cool for GSC models to disappear. Now this is how you make money.