Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3 new knights!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,259 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

I think GW's fear is that people would take that grab bag and use it to Orkify non-GW tank kits, like WW2 models. I can't think where they got that idea from. *glances at WIP looted Tiger kit on his desk*

Yeah, but we're going to do that anyway so if GW made a skrap yard kit they would at least make some money out of it and it would make it easier to ork-up their other kits so as there wouldn't be as much need to go elsewhere for the donor.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,035 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

What's with the orky terrain in this knights leaked picture. Also the weird kff looking thing at the bottom. 

0b9695de4d9df55218392bf9c817a878_7375.jp

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
You can easily loot rhinos for trukks. The difference between the two is fairly small now. You could also use rhinos for a couple of the forgeworld options.

They have not com down saying people cant use things as counts as, they are just moving away from blank template units like the old looted profile.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,259 posts

My BloodAxes have been using rhinos as trukks since RT - the major difference is that you can't see what's in a rhino........or even if there's anything at all in it :D

Talking of 'blank templates', most of the weapons in the Index have points values attached so arguably if that's how much they're worth then there's no good argument for not attaching one or two of those to a looted wagon - until they do something about ork shooting it's not as though they're likely to do much anyway :lol

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
Thats essentially how I play some of my old kit bashed units. As long as I pay for the things on the models and they model was previously legal, my buddies dont mind.

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
If there was any customizable main battle tank option in the codex to run looted russes or hammerheads or whatever Id be able to at least be ok with counts as. I can dream about looted vehicle entries but I know its not going to happen.

skarnir

skarnir

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 726 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR

What's with the orky terrain in this knights leaked picture. Also the weird kff looking thing at the bottom. 

0b9695de4d9df55218392bf9c817a878_7375.jp

That KFF top looks like the one off the none mega armoured kind, The orky terrain are resin barricades that were a limited run for city fight during 4th ed. they were released back when we got our current Kommados.

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,035 posts
Shows you the state of Orks if the official GW is using it in their promotional pictures in 2018. XD

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
How so? They routinely use old terrain in their photos. Its not just ork bitz that stay in circulation.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,035 posts
Their only Ork terrain is like 10 years old. It's honestly my major gripe with GW. They only really produce Imperial terrain so every GW i go to has the exsact same tables... at least that new webway gate looks cool... (also fish'ead terrain doesn't count because for some unknown reason I've never seen it ever... in all my time playing. And i have no idea why, it looks pretty cool.)

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
My Orks attack Imperial worlds. Its not hard to orkify the Imperial stuff.
  • Penelope the Wonder Pony and Badfang Brassaxe like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,259 posts

Orks are usually on the offensive so 'ork' terrain is orkified anyone else's terrain, spare kit-bits are also pretty useful for walls, barricades and even buildings + they're not all identical. Also I'd rather see the kommandos updated first  :thumbs

• Garslag likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,035 posts

My Orks attack Imperial worlds. Its not hard to orkify the Imperial stuff.

Look at my post again. I said "GW shops" whichnis the only place I can get games. Are you seriously expecting GW employees to encourage kit bashing?

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 886 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I liked it better when people used terrain that didn't come in a box.
  • Penelope the Wonder Pony, jackdoud, skarnir and 1 other like this
"Parry the 6!"

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,436 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull

Look at my post again. I said "GW shops" whichnis the only place I can get games. Are you seriously expecting GW employees to encourage kit bashing?

I miss the days when the Ork Codex proudly showed off Battlewagons converted from Land Raiders.
  • jackdoud likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,259 posts

Er, yes - the manager of my local GW is always interested in seeing what I cobble together out of the kits I buy from there and WD apparently still quite merrily features kit bashed models in its' batreps. And when we set up for the mega-battle on Sunday at the last WaaaghMeet there was an awful lot of people in GW shirts crowding round to have a look at our (at least 50% kitbashed) set-up prior to the meatgrinder commencing.

Edit - they didn't seem too unhappy about selling me some rat-ogres, a kill-kannon and a set of flakka-gunz to make a Wazdakka out of either.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts

I liked it better when people used terrain that didn't come in a box.

Oatmeal bins and yogurt cups for the win!

• Skumdreg likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,035 posts
I loved the tutorials in the rule books that told you how to make stuff out of plastic bottles and crap... now that would lose them sales.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,035 posts
I now expect the stompa to get the same treatment as these guys... if not I'll riot!

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Seriously, they can now snipe, do 54 wounds a turn, do 3d6 auto hitting d2 flamer shots!!!! Why do the orks not have this? We certainly pay the points for it!
  • jackdoud likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
Hopefully the gorkanaut sees a similar point plummet...
  • Penelope the Wonder Pony likes this