Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer fest Ork news

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Yes, you had crazy durability in the unit, though like I said the unit evaporated once you had danced those wounds onto the unique models.

Looking at the Imperial Knights, an army I just ordered the components for, the gork and morkanaut are in dire need of a point rebalance.  A Knight gallant is the same price as a morkanaut at 354.  That is absurd.  It is an 8/8 with 24 wounds, a 3+ save, a 2+ to hit, and can access 15 titanic foot attacks at S8, AP-1, and D2.  On a model moving 12" with a 5+ invulnerable save to shooting.  Granted, it has onle a heavy stubber for shooting but its melee options are far superior.  6 extra wounds and a better BS plus 50% more movement.

When you look at the shooting options for knights it only gets worse.  Some of the shooting knights are only marginally more expensive.

• jackdoud likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
This is what makes me hugely scared and what I kept saying back when the index firts came out. The Morkanaut were already a similar price to the knights (about a 100pts difference) so I kmow when the codex came out this would be a huge problem. Especially when CA dropped our points by almost nothing! And so far there has been no difference in points between CA and the codex. We could very well see another example of how for some reason GW thinks ork stuff should be more expensive than imperium stuff (like trukks and big shoots being more expensive than rhinos and stormbolters).
  • jackdoud likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
Trukks being more than rhinos is odd but they are open topped and have a decent damage reducing ability

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

Trukks being more than rhinos is odd but they are open topped and have a decent damage reducing ability

Well a razor back can also fire shots (for about the same price). And rhino is 3+ armor and 3+ Bs. Someone did some overall maths on dakkadakka and proved the rhino was the better choice because the trukks open topped thing depends on units which cost additional points or something. Whereas a razor or rhino are good units bythemselves. But also remember, our PK was also more expensive, twin linked guns more than doubled prices... it made no sense at all and was very confusing.
  • Blakkreaper likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
The argument could be made that a trukk shout be closer to 70 points but thats a bit of hair splitting. I think it should be faster and remain the same price.
  • warhead01 likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
I would be more than happy for it to be reduced, gain speed and also have the ramp come back.