Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer fest Ork news

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,249 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Okay... so i'm still in vietnam meaning I won't hear any news from warhammer fest until way after everyone else. I'll be able to keep checking this forums but any livestream or youtube is a no go. So i'm making this thread for everyone to post anything they hear over the weekend about orks. The slightest bit of info i want you to rush here and tell us about it. LET THE WAAAAGH BEGIN!

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,479 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

If anything is reported on the B&C I can drop a like here, they usually have a lot of people from the forum there when it happens. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Nefairius

Nefairius

Steel Hornz

• Blood Axez
  • 633 posts
  • Army Name:Grand Meklord Morgrim's Waaagh!

Damn! I saw this thread and I thought there would be news. We're all in the same boat ATM.

• warhead01 likes this
Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,479 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Starts on the 12th. as far as I know.

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,249 posts
Where i am it is the 12th.
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 996 posts

Well it won't be the 12th were I am for another 11.5 hours and then only techinically...

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,249 posts
Well nothing 40l at all today. A lot of people are extremely disappointed as they didn't even show off the new knights. Thisnis extremely weird for GW to not even show 40k never mind orks. Will there be anything tmrw or this a 1 day thing? Someone did ask about orks in the q&a and basically got told "maybe" which is a crap answer.

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

"Someone did ask about orks in the q&a and basically got told "maybe" which is a crap answer." Ah yes, once again, reality rears its ugly head. I warned you children about rumors, and fantastical delusions of hope.  ;)  Things will appear eventually, at some point in the future, and we will be underwhelmed.  :(  ......and then the process starts anew. It's nice to know there are things you can still count on.  :lol

On a serious note; you are correct Skumdreg, no new 40K is odd. If there are no big reveals tomorrow (It's already tomorrow where you are), then GW will have made a major marketing mistake. Let us hope for some 40K (probably not Orks) goodies on Sunday!  :yes

P.S. Stay cool in Vietnam if you can Skumdreg.

• jackdoud likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,249 posts
It's warm here but the air conditioning keeps me cool. My poor British skin is dealing with nearly a month now of sun light.... it's never seen the sun beforehand. But yes, no 40k apart from a 3d render of a potential SoB model is kinda scary.

Hell, even the people at the event are complaining because 40k was shoved into a corner while the vast majority of tables were for AoS players only. Also the shirts were £40 each.... oh GW how we love to hate you.
  • Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 480 posts

40 quid for the shirts?  :nono  Wow! that's rapaciousness at a whole new level!!  :eek  Some mental defective will proudly strut about wearing his/her "limited ed." Warhammer Fest shirt. Announcing to the world that they were; dumb enough to stand in line for hours with like minded people (with poor personal hygiene), and gullible enough to shell out lots hard earned money for a shirt that cost GW a fiver. Better to strip down, paint your body lilac, and parade around in a dunce cap I say. 

I was correct, if and when the new Ghazkull comes out, we won't be able to afford it.  :yes   "...wait sir/ma'am, I see the bank truck coming down the street now, could you get that Ghazkull kit back out please."  :lol

P.S. Skumdreg, try Hawaiian Tropic spf 50 Island Sport sun screen. It will not sweat off, and keeps your skin safe.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,143 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
"Behold our 3D render!!! HOW EXCITED ARE YOU?"

Oh GW, you might want to put the word 'Kickstarter' into Google. It'll blow your tiny minds.
  • Penelope the Wonder Pony, jackdoud, Badfang Brassaxe and 1 other like this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,547 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
GW just had their biggest year ever. I think they are pretty happy with the current situation.

I have a suspicion they are saving the last day for the 40k material. 40k is by far their biggest segment and its made insane money this year. They arent stupid.
  • Sorien likes this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 480 posts

"Behold our 3D render!!! HOW EXCITED ARE YOU?"  .....and people wonder why the GW logo is next to the word underwhelm in the dictionary.  :lol

P.S. "It'll blow your tiny minds." Minds, what minds?  :?

PhillyT

PhillyT

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,547 posts
You think the final models wont be similar?

They will be printing money when they release Sisters next year.

Nefairius

Nefairius

Steel Hornz

• Blood Axez
  • 633 posts
  • Army Name:Grand Meklord Morgrim's Waaagh!

I wonder what they'll do for Sisters. They're such a small range but a big part of 40k lore & image. Seems like plastic sisters have been just over the horizon for so long that they'll be bundled with HL3. 

Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,143 posts

Impressive 3D render images are ten a penny in this industry (incidentally to spell that out, that was the joke I made. It went so far over your head it's now in orbit).

A company that needs a survey to be told to update a range from the 90s is priceless. If they had a clue, we'd have been lookin' at sprues.

Yes, they'll look almost that nice. When they finally arrive, a fucking decade overdue.

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 480 posts

"They will be printing money when they release Sisters next year."   Yes, but in what currency?

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,249 posts

40 quid for the shirts?  :nono  Wow! that's rapaciousness at a whole new level!!  :eek  Some mental defective will proudly strut about wearing his/her "limited ed." Warhammer Fest shirt. Announcing to the world that they were; dumb enough to stand in line for hours with like minded people (with poor personal hygiene), and gullible enough to shell out lots hard earned money for a shirt that cost GW a fiver. Better to strip down, paint your body lilac, and parade around in a dunce cap I say. 

I was correct, if and when the new Ghazkull comes out, we won't be able to afford it.  :yes   "...wait sir/ma'am, I see the bank truck coming down the street now, could you get that Ghazkull kit back out please."  :lol

P.S. Skumdreg, try Hawaiian Tropic spf 50 Island Sport sun screen. It will not sweat off, and keeps your skin safe.

They weren't even that good looking or well made shirts i hear. Cost them 20p max to make i think!

And i use factor 100 but I've been here long enough I think I'm just used to the burn now. XD

Every ork player is now waiting and spamming the fb wall.

80wzpEK_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Goreshrek, Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,547 posts

Impressive 3D render images are ten a penny in this industry (incidentally to spell that out, that was the joke I made. It went so far over your head it's now in orbit).

A company that needs a survey to be told to update a range from the 90s is priceless. If they had a clue, we'd have been lookin' at sprues.

Yes, they'll look almost that nice. When they finally arrive, a fucking decade overdue.

I was aware of your implication. Unlike the fly by night companies with 3D printers, GW showed an early concept for an army that will sell for millions of dollars world wide. At an event intended to preview future products.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,143 posts

Evidently not, judging from your reply.

Oh wow, a company known worldwide for producing good quality sculpts above all else produces a 3D render of a model that was already going to look good if it was going to replace the metals that have aged phenomenally well. It's almost as if it's easy to make cool looking renders given the market saturation. It's not an impressive sight, and especially not from GW, who don't need to generate "trust us they'll look great" vibes from their customers. Any fan who has bought a kit from them has every confidence in them looking good.

The 3D render is basically "meh" given that we've already had the plastics sisters announcement (that was when I got excited). It's only mired by the time it took GW to get them and the fact it was their takeaway from the Big Survey. Doing plastic sisters should have been obvious from the response to the Triumvirate Celestine ALONE.

I have every confidence the models will look great and sell well. Don't have that confidence with rules and fluff anymore but I don't fault GW's models. Merely how far they shove themselves up their own arse.