Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ruuuuumours! Get yah rumours! Only cost yah yah dignity!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,035 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
The rumour mills! Can you hear them! They ground louder and louder as Warhammer fest draws closer! Look gw even hinted this as an item being shown at the weekend... now i think it looks like an ork... but that's just a rumour! What rumours have you heard for this weekend?

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

Rumors are interesting things. They can be very powerful if you let them become so. Expect and prepare for the worst, then deal with the reality.  :thumbs

P.S. Nice lookin' set o' teefs!!  :yes

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Could be.  This book will be at least good.  All of the books have added meaningfully to the armies that have gotten them.

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
Looks kind of squiggy to me.
  • Garr likes this

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 996 posts

Doesn't look like an ork at all to me, too gap-toothed. My guess is Fantasy ogre, giant, fish-pansey, or daemon.

• warhead01 and Gitkilla like this

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 588 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

Looks like the jaws of a great big squigly beast to me.

Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

Wortsnagga

Wortsnagga

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
  • Army Name:eviil sunz
A lot of people think it is the new Ghaz model, but last time a looked at my 3 Ed ghaz model he had a big steel lower jaw. The photo is more then likely a new plastic squiggoth.

Wortsnagga

(where are my super grots)

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
Really hope it is not a cooler replacement for the FW one...guess why, I own one XD

Hopefully more info may leak during the weekend at the warhammer fest.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts

I am terrible at these rumorengine things.  I've never figured any of them out successfully.

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
For reference to discuss the mouth from the rumor, I add my squigg

sp62eWA.jpg

And close up

YqJ0ksD.jpg
  • warhead01 likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts

Looks great!

I would be pleasantly surprised if GW made an official sguiggoth style model.

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 588 posts

It's gotta be some kind of big squiggly beast, like a squiggosaurus or a new squiggoth. The angles in the image make it look big. The other option would be the supposed new Mega-Ghaz, without an iron gob.

The rumor mills are cranking up again- word now is skarboys will be back. The Octarius war ends with both sides taking their ball elsewhere, with carnifexsteak-fed orks swarming the imperium. I still don't expect much -I'm accustomed to all my hopes and dreams being crushed daily-, but if they do a big release as has been prophesied, there is a money-logic to releasing a new box of biggerish orks that would... encourage us existing ork players to buy new shit. On that exact same note, there aren't (as far as I know) a lot of other model makers making squigs, and they're unique enough to withstand a copyright claim probably. Food for thought anyway.

Also, on closer inspection I'm glad I never bought a squiggoth or the bigger one- I don't like the models much. The little one's legs are too stumpy to look natural, and the bigger one's lower jaw is so over-massive it doesn't even look like it could eat let alone bite. A squigly Charles II.

• jackdoud likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,365 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

With regard to rumors in general, I've just started unsubscribing to youtube channels that rumor monger and whine about GW and FW.  

I can't sit there and listen to people like Rob Bear (A known human vegetable.) breath into a microphone and say, well I don't really know for the majority of 25 minuets while hardly relating any information that is easily found online everywhere.  

Drives me crazy!

Back to the topic. If that's some kind of Squig maw, neat! 
I kinda wonder if it's something AoS related. It's a flip of a coin really. Still a new Squig monster would be something I don't own and would likely want to pain. 

Although, what if it's for panzee Exodites. Didn't they have lizard riders? Better still a Slan thing. Anything GW pulls up from it's past and makes new again is interesting, more so if it's a whole faction. (unlikely?)

• Warboss Gordrog likes this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Warboss Gordrog

Warboss Gordrog

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gordrog

Rob Baer was why I stopped going on BoLS, his "articles" were nothing more than just gutter level clickbait (although in fairness, BoLS had been circling the drain for years and I was getting fed up with it for many reasons).

My logical mind says what I've always said, we'll get a new codex, maybe an HQ and a new start collecting set and that's it for the moment, but it's difficult not to get excited when you see things like this. Go, Codex Snakebites!

• warhead01 and Nefairius like this

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 588 posts

With regard to rumors in general, I've just started unsubscribing to youtube channels that rumor monger and whine about GW and FW.  

I can't sit there and listen to people like Rob Bear (A known human vegetable.) breath into a microphone and say, well I don't really know for the majority of 25 minuets while hardly relating any information that is easily found online everywhere.  

Drives me crazy!

Back to the topic. If that's some kind of Squig maw, neat! 
I kinda wonder if it's something AoS related. It's a flip of a coin really. Still a new Squig monster would be something I don't own and would likely want to pain. 

Although, what if it's for panzee Exodites. Didn't they have lizard riders? Better still a Slan thing. Anything GW pulls up from it's past and makes new again is interesting, more so if it's a whole faction. (unlikely?)

I didn't know but ain't surprised there are mouthbreathers blathering on youtube about a sentence or two of rumors for half an hour. I saw the skarboys rumor on /r/orks which linked to... sigh... bell of lost souls. Regardless, I fancied that skarboys rumor, it's a neat idea at any rate.

And yeah, I think we're all seeing what we want to see. It's definitely a big monster, that's all.

Anyone else want to bet that they'll make an Exodite codex in the future? The last piece of interesting old fluff they could mine for new models. There are plenty of elfdars on cold-one conversions, I feel like they could make some new, interesting kits for that. And just in general more new kits for panzee. If they can make a whole line of oceanelfs, they can make a line of space amish elfs.

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,365 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

OH, yes Youtube is full of that kind of thing and it doesn't matter the topic. From "Sports entertainment"  - to semi political crazy talk ect. 
What bugs me mostly, lately, is topics like should - company - listen to us, talk to us.  as if we some how need to know every little thing they are doing that some people fine gossip worthy. But it doesn't matter I guess. I am perfectly capable of unsubscribing or unfollowing what ever I find irritating. 

I'm back and forth on the fish elves. I like the idea a little but my suspension of disbelief seems to be broken/file not found when is comes to those models. 

I'm left wondering, are we meant to be fighting under the sea? So I need fish bowl helmets and pipes for my bone splitterz when I face fish elves? 

• jackdoud likes this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 588 posts

OH, yes Youtube is full of that kind of thing and it doesn't matter the topic. From "Sports entertainment"  - to semi political crazy talk ect. 
What bugs me mostly, lately, is topics like should - company - listen to us, talk to us.  as if we some how need to know every little thing they are doing that some people fine gossip worthy. But it doesn't matter I guess. I am perfectly capable of unsubscribing or unfollowing what ever I find irritating. 

I'm back and forth on the fish elves. I like the idea a little but my suspension of disbelief seems to be broken/file not found when is comes to those models. 

I'm left wondering, are we meant to be fighting under the sea? So I need fish bowl helmets and pipes for my bone splitterz when I face fish elves? 

Yeah I'm not sure either, I guess magic or something to make them swim in the air. Kind of silly IMO, and they didn't really need to give them giant floating sharks to make it work. They should be riding giant crabs, octopuses, and krakens. They missed out on mobile oppression palace memes right there. Even constructs in the shape of sea creatures would have been a better idea. Alas, it's done now.

Anyway I really like the armor and motifs on the actual elfs. They remind me a bit of the Atlanteans in Age of Mythology, although here the Greco-Roman & gladiator influences are less pronounced than in AoM.

• warhead01 likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,035 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Someone who confirmed all the previous rumours (months before announcement) also said there will be a codex Kroot comming out. So maybe it could be related to that but I tnink he was just having a laugh after telling us the rest of the stuff.

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
Taking a look at the size of the brush strokes on the teeth I dont think its even going to be that big, that picture looks like an extreme close up to me.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,087 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Someone who confirmed all the previous rumours (months before announcement) also said there will be a codex Kroot comming out. So maybe it could be related to that but I tnink he was just having a laugh after telling us the rest of the stuff.

Regardless of whether that's true or not (for me, a Kroot Codex would be very welcome to increase the amount of Xenos forces) the sneak peak makes little sense as anything Kroot related. Kroot and Kroot beasts (such as Kroot Hounds and Gnarlocks) have "beaks", not teeth.

To me, it looks more like a Shark or a Squig. But given the pretty derpy "modern" Ork head style, it could be an Ork Warboss. My money is on a Squig, but that doesn't mean it's Ork related. Nightgoblins Moonclan Grots have been long overdue some plastic Squigs.