Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wishlisting - what sort of rules have you hoped for?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 853 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz

So... our codex date is slowly aproaching , and i don't know much about you guys but i've been coming up with lotsa stratagems and clan rules i hope to see.

Figured it would be fun to list em up and see what you guys dreamed up too to see what our expectations are  :D

"SNEAKY GROTS" -  a 1 cp stratagem that gives gretchin +2 bonus cover save as the grots dive down into any hiding place they can find.

"I'ZE NOT DONE WIF YOU" -  a 2 cp stratagem that denies a fallback attempt (goff only)

"WITNESS ME!!!!!" - A 1 cp stratagem that allows a ork unit to disembark AFTER a transport has moved. roll 1d6 for each model, each 1 results in a mortal wound. If the transport advanced, suffer a mortal wound for each 1 or 2

"FLIGHT UF DA VALKYRYE" - a 1 CP stratagem that allows a plane to crash into a enemy 6" away after movement, 2d3 mortal wounds. also known as doing a killboy

"DRIVE DEM OVER" - a 1 CP stratagem, any non flying vehicle , non walker (killakan dredd gorkamorkanaught ) can use it and run over infantry fired during the shooting phase, getting +2 to hit

"SWAMP EM'" -  a 1 Cp stratagem that allows a unit to pile in (but not attack) to get more orks in range

and the clans, more thinking in the terms of recent army rules than wishlisting

GOFF

reroll 1 to wound

DEFFSKULLS

6+invulnerable lucky paint

BLOOD AXES

+1 bonus from cover

BAD MOONS

+6" to all non flamer guns

EVIL SUNZ

+2" for advance

what did you guys come up with?

although i feel like the index is currently outclassed by codex armies, it still is the strongest incarnation of orks i've played since 3rd edition... its kinda sad, but to me it means we are about to get proppa strong if nids are anything to compare us with.

Wortsnagga

Wortsnagga

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 42 posts
  • Army Name:eviil sunz
Grots can take the following:
Grot blasta (counts as pistol) + knife
Or
Grot shoota (R18" S3 A0 D1)
Just makes the grots a little more versatile
  • warhead01 and Wortsnagga like this

Wortsnagga

(where are my super grots)

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 161 posts
A base armour save of 5+ across the board. Armour feels more important in this edition than toughness.
  • Nefairius and Garr like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,265 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

A base armour save of 5+ across the board. Armour feels more important in this edition than toughness.

Do you get ++ saves in this ed? Thinking of the KFF - what is that going to do :?

Klan traits wish list

BloodAxes +1 Ld coz Discipline

EvilSunz +2" M on everything coz Red Ones Go Fasta

DeffSkulz "I'd loot dat" Any time a squad of DeffSkulz overrun an enemy position roll a D6, on a 4+ they can choose one weapon or vehicle (if a mek is handy and can restore at least 1 wound) to use for the remainder of the game or until killed.

Don't have much to do with the other klans so others are best wish-listing them but

Goffs +1S coz Goffs are 'ard?

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
I honestly dislike CP stuff. I liked it a lot kore when this was all just built into yoour armies. It seems kinda lazy how GW kinda just took old rules and repackaged them.

What I would love is more optional upgrades to my Orks to give us more variety! Like the old codex stuff! I want red paint, yellow paint... stuff like that! Cyborg body parts on hqs would be awesome! The ability to add armour to my trukk boyz or makebthe scarrboyz! All this awesome Orky stuff built into the army for optional points would be cool. If it's all limited tomCP we end up in situations like BA where their army can't function without them... CP should be a bonus not the spine of your army.

However, this might mean the devs actually have to think of orginal strats....
  • Nefairius likes this

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,509 posts

I would like to see a relic or a stratagem that bumps the KFF save up to 4+.

I think we desperately need a rule that keeps enemy hit modifiers from effecting us in the shooting phase.

And I hope to see something more like Ghazzie's once per game ability in 5th ed. where our whole army can run 6" automatically.

• Nefairius and Gitkilla like this

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,635 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Here is my guess.  Really I'd be happy with a nice solid points deduction across the board, then some FUN strategems.  I want orks to be the wildcard again.  Make stuff go bad for us, but also have a chance of something equally good.  We should always be the random element in any event.

The best source for what rule we will get, are from the other codexes.

GOFF

+1 Str when charging (actually would be seriously good now) or +1A

DEFFSKULLS

6+invulnerable lucky paint  (Actually good choice, agree)...I really can't think of much else for them.  Lots of looting?

BLOOD AXES

Always has benefit of cover, unless advancing or charging.(ok)  or -1 to hit them (amazing)

BAD MOONS

Ignore cover, (ok) or  because best stuff ya gitz.... -1 AP to ranged weapons. (amazing)

EVIL SUNZ

Roll 3d6 and pick highest for advance. (ok) AND  Units can fall back and charge. (amazing)

Outside of those, I want invuln saves for characters, and dreads by default.  I don't care if we have to buy them.  KFF should change to +1 to invuln saves vs shooting. 

• PhillyT likes this

Warboss Gordrog

Warboss Gordrog

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 41 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gordrog

I notice Snakebites are off the list -  I am assuming this is because we are all hoping for their own codex, with boar boyz, squig catapults wildboyz and lots of other cool stuff that would require an entire codex to do justice to.

Please...?

• Blakkreaper, Nefairius, Garslag and 2 others like this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
I agree with greggles, we will see many things already given to other armies.

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,635 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

I guess goffs could always get the "always goes first", or always gets to attack, even if you kill the boyz.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

I notice Snakebites are off the list -  I am assuming this is because we are all hoping for their own codex, with boar boyz, squig catapults wildboyz and lots of other cool stuff that would require an entire codex to do justice to.

Please...?

If this happens I would sell my Ork army and just play snakebites for ever.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

I agree with greggles, we will see many things already given to other armies.

It's sad that we won't be unique but part of me is still praying to Mork that because we're last GW will have a better grasp of 8th edition, CA and the FAQ and so will shape out codex around that. The tin'ead stuff for example was super cool and unique.

However, part of me had the sinking feeling GW wrote our codex up back in 2017 and just can't be arsed to publish it tet or waiting for some molds to finish for 1 or 2 models we won't care about.

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 897 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Okay, so I've been around for a while and i know how far-fetched this is, but as this is a wishlist:
Kodex Evil Sunz
Kodex Bad Moonz
Kodex Blood Axes
Kodex Goffs (inc. Ghaz)
Kodex Death Skullz
Kodex Snakebites

Failing that, I guess we awaken the long dormant Klans Project, so it's a win-win really.
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,265 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

EWG/Freebootaz was basically exactly that (+ Freebootaz) and Orks have been around for as long as beekies have.....

• Garslag likes this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,088 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
All I want or expect as of right now is the fluff to be properly researched and well presented. Every other hope I would have is unlikely at this stage.
  • Blakkreaper, skarnir and Skumdreg like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
As I have always said. I do not care if they make the lowest tear Ork army aver as long as they make them extremely fun and Orky! If the lore in the codex is just a copy and paste (or even worse... written by someone who just reads beakie players forum posts on Ork lore) then it's nort worth the codex. People should remember, as Dim pointed out, a Codex is also a lore book.
  • Garslag likes this

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
If weâre wishlisting then the same thing I always want, looted vehicles.
  • Garslag likes this

teister

teister

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 133 posts
  • Army Name:Da Ard Krumpa's
Id love for a wide range of options for Kommandoz. Grot snipers, scout vehicles, saboteurs, booby traps...
  • Skumdreg likes this
WAAAGH is da WAY FORWARD!

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 255 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

Yes options would be cool but GW likes to only inclued options if there is kits... so yeah I can't see many new entries/options.

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

Id love for a wide range of options for Kommandoz. Grot snipers, scout vehicles, saboteurs, booby traps...

I'm a big blood axe fanboy. I play a weird Evil Sunz army (basically I like the colour red) that only has 3 koptas, 1 trukk, 1 wagon and a dakka jet. But really I would love a blood axe army but I can't be bothered to green stuff the imperial uniforms. XD I do, however, own a 40k epic blood axe army mad oh rhinos and landraiders.
  • Warboss Gordrog likes this