Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 Matched Play

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 677 posts
  • Army Name:AnOrkysts

In May I am going to a local event here in Montana.

I am leaning heavily to this list.

Warboss - eadwhoppa

Weirdboy - jump

2 x 30 sluggas, nob PK

2 x 20 shootas, nob big choppa

3 x 8 lootas

3 x dakka jet with 6 supa shoota

7 command points, lots of dakka

or 

Warboss

Weird

2 x 20 slugga

1 x 20 shoota

2 x 10 grot

mek - kff

Gorkanaught

2 x 8 loota

1 Dakka jet

Locally I will be facing fish'ead, panzee, 2 x nids, 2 x 'umie, slaneshi demons, 2 or 3 primaris Beakies, 2 x death guard, a custode and maybe even another Ork player.

Basically, I am just looking for something that will make me a pain in the butt while possibly getting me on the objectives.  

• warhead01 likes this

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 188 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

Just played  a 1500 pt game using the air wing detachment. 3 planes are hard to use effectively after the first turn. The 20 inch minimum move means they end up on a board edge out of position. I think 2 would work Okay.  My dakkajet was target number 1 for my opponent (dark panzee/drukharii). Did some good work before he shot it down.

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 677 posts
  • Army Name:AnOrkysts

I have been using them quite a bit lately.  More than super effective they just look good and seem to frustrate some opponents that are not at all ready to deal with flyers.  They are a total waste when it comes to objectives and that is really frustrating in competitive situations.

I know that one of my opponents will be a demon player that has nothing for the flyers rather than SMITE.  Most of the others will either be very shooty capable,  fish'ead, panzee, a Baskin Robbins selection of Beakie.  All of these though will still have to prioritize between the boys and the flyers.  If they were smart they would target boys and deny me the objectives.

Last night versus Ultra Beakies the three flyers did some good damage but not their points worth.  However, my opponent shot at them a bunch and that allowed for my boys and Gorkanaught to make the enemy lines.

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 188 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

Yes, my opponents really focus on the flyers so other units are free to do whatever. I like the dakkajet's +1 to hit  - needed against panzees of all types, they get lots of  to hit mods , and the blitza bomma mortal wounds. Took out a unit of wyches. Meanwhile my new big trakk with supaskorcha was untouched.

• Total AnOrky likes this