Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Mordheim Warband

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ashton.Sanders

Ashton.Sanders

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
Hi Guys,

I'm just putting together a Orc and Goblin warband without the troll, and love to here your thoughts.

Heros:
1 - Orc Boss - Sword Axe Bow - (80 + 25) - 105
1 - Orc Shaman - Spear dagger Bow - (40 + 20) - 60
2 - Orc Big 'Uns - Sword Axe Bow - ((40+25)x2) - 130

Henchmen:
1 - Orc Boy - Axe dagger Bow - (25 + 15) - 40
3 - Goblins - Short Bow, dagger - ((10+5)x3) - 45
2 - Goblins - Squig Prodders, dagger - ((10+15)x2) - 50
5! - Squigs - 60

Total
15 (5 orcs, 5 gobos, 5 squigs) warriors
490 gc

After taking a break from Orcs, I'm surprised how cheap the henchmen are. Squigs are the bomb, and I was perfectly content giving my heros an axe and a daggers until I got to 15 warriors, and still had 100 left.

I decided to throw together another warband with a Troll, and see what I come up with. Enjoy:

Heros:
1 - Orc Boss - Axe Dagger Bow - (80 + 15) - 95
1 - Orc Shaman - dagger Bow - (40 + 10) - 50
2 - Orc Big 'Uns - Axe Dagger - ((40+5)x2) - 90

Henchmen:
1 - Troll - 200
2 - Goblins - Short Bow, dagger - ((10+5)x2) - 30
2 - Squigs - 28

Total
9 (4 orcs, 1 troll, 2 gobos, 2 squigs) warriors
493 gc

As you can tell... I'm leaning a little on the shooty side.. but may give the boss a sword instead of a bow.

C&C?
-Ashton Sanders

Kiwi Ork

Kiwi Ork

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
  • Army Name:Strogg's Loota Boyz
If you are playing in a ongoing campaign I think the warband with the troll is great. Since it can never die its worth putting up with a small warband to start with. The only thing with the troll is you really need to keep it near the warband leader to use his leadership on the stupidity test instead of the troll's own pitiful leadership. So I wouldn't give the leader a bow The first warband is nice too. I'd suggest, if its for an ongoing campaign, taking henchman unit of one orc boy to imporve the chnace sof one being promoted the through the lad's got talent. In a one-off game the warband should do well.

Ashton.Sanders

Ashton.Sanders

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
I totally agree. I'm 10 games into a campaign without the Troll, and I was up against a Skaven warband who took a rat Ogre... so I outnumbered him 2 to 1. If I was to do that warband again, I would spend all new money I get into new Orc Henchmen... and wouldn't buy back any squigs or goblins (when they die). I have almost saved up for the Troll, but at this point in the game... It really isn't worth the month. Last game, my Orc Shaman took out the rat ogre almost single handedly. But the Troll is Great in the beginning... although it does cut back your income by 15... once you get along in the game you can just sacrifice your gobos as they stop being useful.

Kiwi Ork

Kiwi Ork

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
  • Army Name:Strogg's Loota Boyz
I've never played an orc warband for long enough but I dream of a warband with 19 orcs and a troll. That woud rock and I don't think anything could stop it. Maybe 20 orcs and a troll if they can get the halfling cookbook (in their case a book of recipes for cooking halflings). Mmm - I might have to start playing Mordheim again!