Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

docnuk's buggies and wartrakks - buggymania

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
Gosh, I can't think of any way of improving this. Nice idea having the gunner perched on the fuel tank. And the rollcage really ties it all together. All I can suggest is that you make sure you clean up any mould seams and fill any gaps before you press the button on the primer can.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
love the design of this one, you've done a fine job. My only minor nitpicks, the gunner's legs don't quite seem right, the basic pose is there but his feet still feel a bit like they are on a flat ground and not reclining on the buggy. The radiation symbol on the banner pole looks a bit like a pinwheel, it could use a circular backing to make it feel like a glyph. otherwise great work, looking forward to seeing this with paint... -drabber

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Ya no gud lootin git! These buggies look just like my new ones! :biggrin :biggrin The gunner looks good sat where he is. I can't think of any more improvements, though if you have a spare bucket I reckon it'd look good hung under the tap at the rear to catch the drips (for drinking later). Looking forward to seeing these beauties painted. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

oddballz: tried to get rid of all mould seams. hope i get all. the ones on the wheels are difficult. all found gaps filled without them i wanted :)

drabber: the radiation symbol as it is now i have used to 3 other vehicles/kans. so i have to change them all. first tought was a flag like at the other buggies.

i can allways reconvert it after painting.

for the foots/legz. believe me they fit. it must be the angle of the pics (and the gunner isn't glued by now and moved while taking the pics).

the legz are from the new biker sprue and sitting on the front of the tank left foot is pressing against the top pole of the rollcage like searching for a secure hold. the other one is behind the the right corner of the rollcage.

but your comment made me nervous about it and i rececked.

gaf: yours is a kind of prototype :biggrin ,

after finishing it, i had a hard time to decide between keeping it and sending you only two buggies or just do another one.

cause i wanted something with trakks, u got all the three you got.

(including the skorcha buggy that was old with all the mistakes of a first try and not so perfectly glued, and has mould lines and gaps, and, and, ...)

the bucket idea is nice. i think i loot a bucket from the wh fantasy dwarfs of my son.

the buggy is primed now, start the metals at night, but 3 new ideas are fighting in my head (building is so much more fun than painting).

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts
the sun is shining outside and having a day not to spend at workplace i took a few shots from the primes build with the started metals. (the tube between tank and skorcha is not connect by now: filled it with a mix of watered scorpion green and chestnut ink. cause it wasn't dry after 2 days everything plowed out while transporting to the terasse :sowhat ) 7_wartrakk__2_basecoat_and_metal_1.jpg 7_wartrakk__2_basecoat_and_metal_2.jpg jpg] don't know if i proceed with painting this thing or take a break and finish something else.
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Narziss

Narziss

Slugga Boy

• Grot Rebelz
  • 378 posts
  • Army Name:DeffKorps of Waaargh!
i love the way how you recylce those old models! those Buggies look awesome... looking forward seeing the last one painted... only critic from my side.... ADD ALOT MORE GROTZ ! ;) Greetz :cheers Narziss
-------------------------

Home is where your Rucksack is!

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
Did I read that correctly - you've filled the tube with paint to show the fuel inside? That sounds like a great idea. Have you tried it before?

don't know if i proceed with painting this thing or take a break and finish something else.

You could always make a start on your Ork Town entry. :biggrin

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

Did I read that correctly - you've filled the tube with paint to show the fuel inside? That sounds like a great idea. Have you tried it before?

yeah, once, but only with unwatered scorpion green. (the hummatrukk, sitting in the oilaz)
and it simply looks like a green tube :crybaby

now this thing is drying in the sun neerly for 1 week and is still liquid inside. i tried a short one for this build and a larger one for future use.
will show pics of the result soon after drying.

and for ork town: sign me in!

Jos

Jos

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
Wow! These builds are totally mind-boggling! I love the detail that goes into them! Can I ask; 1) Did you manage to get the paint in the tube to dry in the end? Another awesome small detail if you managed it 2) What did you use for the scorcha tank? I don't recognise the piece, but it seems to come in GW's standard "elephant grey"

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts
welcome to the waaagh. :)

for 1.
yes, i managed it, i will post the pics later with the painted buggie.
it is an interesting effect.

for 2.
it is from a urban war kit called "bio toxin plant", got mine from ebay, but it is available also at
http://www.tabletop-...oducts_id=14422

Jos

Jos

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts

welcome to the waaagh. :)

Thanks :biggrin I've been snooping around for a short while now, and spotted the three buggies you made for another member, using the bio-toxin tank again - the scorcha and rocket buggy are brilliant! I'd like to use one or two of the idea's myself, with your permission? :thumbs

PS - is it possible to order the old GorkaMorka style rocket laucher from anyone these days? (the one used on the rocket buggy)

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts

I've been snooping around for a short while now, and spotted the three buggies you made for another member...

Oi! Stop snoopin' round my buggiez! :biggrin

PS - is it possible to order the old GorkaMorka style rocket laucher from anyone these days? (the one used on the rocket buggy)

I don't think so. The Empire Volley Gun / Rokkit Launcha kit comes with some similar rokkits though - and other lovely plastic bitz. :thumbs

Taucity

Taucity

Explosive Kranium

• Speed Freaks
  • 613 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bitzkrieg
i really like the can idea. In fact , i always loved fuel tank, for some fire thrower; The only bad point i can highlight is the " light " paint job. I guess you could have spent more time on the paint because your models are marvelous, but the paintjob is IMO not equal to the modelling job. Keep on working !
- Sports The War ! -
- The final swing is not a drill , it's how many people i can kill.-

Don't Forget, Kids...
The More Posts You Have,
The Bigger Your Penis Is.

Jos

Jos

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts

I don't think so. The Empire Volley Gun / Rokkit Launcha kit comes with some similar rokkits though - and other lovely plastic bitz. :thumbs

Hey! They're looking pretty Orky to me, although perhaps 12 for just afew rockets is a bit steap...

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

the new wartrakk/skorchabuggy is painted and i used the last light of this sunny day to take some pics. cause the sun is allready setting the shadows are very long.

(the no. 6 including the one from grishgrub)

wartrakk__2_painted_view_1.jpg

wartrakk__2_painted_view_2.jpg

wartrakk__2_painted_view_3.jpg

using the tips of agatheron and the new washes the orkskin was done faster and nicer than ever.

the mud wash and sepia wash are my favorite. also the gloves of the gunner show a far better effect as i imagined.

the rust efffect on the white parts didn't show in the setting sunlight.

after 2 weeks the paint in the tube was finally dry and thats only because most of it dripped out at the 10th day while i looked at it. :) but i like the result. it looks really like radioactive fungus brew - for drinking, fuel and skorchas :cheers anything to improve? i surely missed a few things (for example the tube must have a better fixation to the skorcha - some things you only see in the pics).

ps: gaf. i dont find a suitable bucket, i have to build one in the future

Gorzag Gofasta

Gorzag Gofasta

telescoping arm

• Evil Sunz
  • 485 posts
I love your buggies, especially the ones on Page 1. As a longtime KOS builder I can appreciate you updating the old models. The builds really work. As for the paint, I think you could use some more highlights, especially on the edges of the metal. Some rust would also be nice (dark flesh works well for this, as well as the washes, with some orange stippling after it is dry.) You could also pick out a few metal details here and there and make them a bronze color if you feel like it. I do really like the effect you got with the tube.
"You ladz is too slow for proppa krumpin."

(Avatar by Krooza)

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts
thanks for the tips, gorzag. i added rust. mostly at the wheels and at the bottom of the red. (have made me a mix of watered vermin bronw, fiery orange and chestnut ink a few month ago, which worked fine by now.) but in the pics it is invisible on the red. will add some more. also i will give it another brush with chainmail. the last one was too careful and isn't seen at the pics too. i think i used the mud wahs to entusiastic :) bronze is at the exhaust, the motor, and at the items at the back of the tank i will try a few new pics at the weekend when i have more sun here (hopefully).

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
Looks great Doc. Nice and dirty looking, with plenty of rust and dust. :thumbs The paint effect inside the tube came out pretty well. Bit of a slow process though! ;) My only suggestions would be to paint the patches on the fuel tank in a contrasting colour to the rest of the tank so they stick out a bit more. :cheers

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

have changed a little bit. diffcult to see in the pics (no sun at the moment)

changed metalcolor at the patches, added oily strikes.

made a skorcha and tube fixation (little plate and rivet) redone egdes with metals especially the motorblock

wartrakk__2_changed_details.jpg

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

only to blow away a little dust ......

gaf, i found a bucket:

wartrakk__2_bucket_.jpg wartrakk__2_bucket_attached_.jpg